用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 請問耀中小學和Anfield小學,你會什樣選擇? ...
查看: 15770|回覆: 20
go

請問耀中小學和Anfield小學,你會什樣選擇? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-11-2 08:27 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Kindly comment. Thanks!
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-11-2 09:38 |只看該作者
YCIS.  Through-train up to secondary, IB results not bad.  Good Location.
Anfield doesn't have its own secondary, no IB results can see.

3#
發表於 12-11-4 00:28 |只看該作者
Many thanks!

4#
發表於 12-11-4 01:34 |只看該作者
I don't know much about Anfield Primary, but YCIS does a great job with their languages programs (P1 English phonics, then P2 Mandarin phonics; they put them in two separate years systematically so the kids won't get confused). I know someone who works at the YCIS high school section however, and so far the comments were not positive (or maybe it's just a teacher's view point on all kids?)

In terms of kindergarten YCIS provides a very well rounded education, but lately i saw a kindie class going out on a field trip with wonderful discipline and loving teachers, so i ask them to find out those were actually Anfield kids. I was so impressed that i ended up registering for the school as well.

5#
發表於 12-11-4 17:22 |只看該作者
Anfield 得小學, 唔知中學點算?

6#
發表於 12-11-5 09:32 |只看該作者
I can only comment on Anfield school because I know nothing about YCIS.  My son started in Anfield school for a week, and he absolutely loves the school.  The teachers are very friendly, yet straight on discipline.  The staff knows each student well because it's such a small community school.  It's a British Curriculum school, and at the moment, it does not have secondary school back up, but I gather that students from Anfield get priority admission to another secondary international school (i forgot the name of the school, but you can call the school to ask?), but of cos has to go through the whole admission process etc...

Curriculum wise they have english, mandarin and maths every day at school.  Then there are 2 days per week of compulsory extra-curricular activities after school for 1 hr each at  your choice.  PE, I.T. , art and religious studies are scheduled in the week.

Location wise... YCIS is more ideal as it's central to anywhere really.  Anfield is located more remote, driving is no problem, but public transport can be a pain especially trying to catch a cab in the morning.  Having said that, school bus service is available.  

點評

jolalee    發表於 12-11-5 22:52

7#
發表於 12-11-5 13:51 |只看該作者
Thank you so much for your comment.

8#
發表於 12-11-12 23:30 |只看該作者
Hi! kenoism,

just would like to ask about the possibility of obtaining an offer of an international secondary school by Anfield students.  My sister recommended this school but I am still struggling if I should go for main stream or IB.  I am rather worried about the path of IB students to secondary school and unversities in HK.  I want an International school because I really want my daughter to learn native Eng.  However, to be frank, I am not that rich.  Anfield kider's tuition fee is fine with me and that of its primary school is still affordable for me.  However, I don't think I am able to send my daughter to overseas U.  Can someone around here give me some insight how possible a student from international school will be accepted by U in HK.  I have no idea at all.  thx in adv!

9#
發表於 12-11-14 18:02 |只看該作者
回復 Salad316 的帖子

I haven't thought about secondary international schools yet....

But you know Anfield School is a British curriculum school, right?  So it doesn't provide IB.

Cos you seem to be thinking about IB or main stream.... nothing to do with British curriculum?  

I am not sure how to enter university with IB result... i haven't looked into it either, sorry.....  

10#
發表於 12-11-14 19:39 |只看該作者
回復 Salad316 的帖子

HKU will admit about 20% students from non-jupas (i.e. students not taking DSE in HK).  These non-jupas students will be coming from students in HK taking IB/GCSE-A level, overseas students (including HK students studying secondary schools overseas and applying for Us in HK).  The competition is keen, and I anticipate it will become more difficult in years to come as more schools in HK will offer IB.

11#
發表於 12-11-14 22:49 |只看該作者
Thanks both!

I know Anfield Kindergarten provides British curriculum but how about the primary school. Does it do the same? My concern is if I choose this one, I do plan to go for its primary school.  If it is IB curriculum, I need to take it into account.  On the other hand, is the Anfield Kindergarten well accepted by local primary school (in case that we can have the offer from the primary school)?

12#
發表於 12-11-15 08:49 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 kenoism 於 12-11-15 08:50 編輯

回復 Salad316 的帖子

Hi...

Anfield School (which is the primary school) is British Curriculum too.... so not IB.
I don't know how well Anfield kindergarten kids do when applying P.1.... but to be honest, i don't think it really matters which kindergarten you go to. The P.1 interviews all depends on your child's performance, some schools test chinese/ english... others test different things... you never know what they are looking for cos each school is different.  Some look at the certificates you have already obtained e.g. cambridge english test, musicinstrucment, maths etc....

So i think just apply for the kindergartens you wish your kid to attend, have a look at the school when you interview & get a feel of the school, talk to the teachers etc... then worry about primary school a bit later.... haha :)

Or if you plan to get into famous traditional primary schools... then may bebetter off applying for more academic kindergartens cos they have more trainingon writing, spelling etc....  of cos also need lots of extra-curricular classes and awards to have a better chance....

13#
發表於 12-11-21 00:23 |只看該作者

回覆:poonseelai 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 12-11-21 17:55 |只看該作者
If you want your child to have strong Chinese Language proficiency, then you should choose YCIS for your children.

15#
發表於 12-11-21 20:59 |只看該作者
naughtybj 發表於 12-11-21 00:23
Non-judas includes the self studying students, thus to my experience, the ib can promote not more th ...

You mean students can self-study IB.  I don't think this is the case.  The final IB points include assessements at schools (20 to 30% depending on subjects).

16#
發表於 12-11-23 15:13 |只看該作者
I would like to choose Anfield.  Sympathic teacher and Student-Centered Learning Background

17#
發表於 12-12-8 22:20 |只看該作者
What I understand that Anfield is a more mixed culture kindergarten and students of YCIS are more Hongkongese or Mainland Chinese

18#
發表於 12-12-10 16:16 |只看該作者
kenoism 發表於 12-11-5 09:32
I can only comment on Anfield school because I know nothing about YCIS.  My son started in Anfield s ...

Thanks for sharing.  Is your child in Anfield Kowloon Tong or Whampoa campus?

19#
發表於 12-12-14 09:43 |只看該作者
回復 minirat 的帖子

Minirat....

No no... we are talking about Anfield School (primary section) and it's at Tai Wai.

You are thinking of Anfield Kindergarten, which is at Kowloon tong and whampao.

20#
發表於 12-12-14 09:48 |只看該作者
回復 mumbc 的帖子

Oh ya, I overlooked!  So your child was not from Anfield Kindergarten previously.

Yes, we have applied for Anfield Whampoa.  So I would like to know more about this campus.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題