密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SIS admission test for p1
查看: 7126|回覆: 56
go

SIS admission test for p1 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-11-1 06:18 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Does any one know the details such as the format required? Is it in multiple choice questions? Need to complete how many questions? N it takes how long?

Thanks a lot.

3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-11-2 07:44 |只看該作者

回覆:SIS admission test for p1

Anyone can help? thanks.

3#
發表於 12-11-2 09:51 |只看該作者

回覆:ngmyan 的帖子

When will be the assessment?

4#
發表於 12-11-6 11:11 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 12-11-6 11:14 編輯

老師比小朋友讀一本英文短故事書, 寫英文, 中文只要識講普通話同寫一d單字就ok.  呢d係我個女舊年考時情況, 今年唔知一樣否, 因為聽講佢地大大提升中文程度. 應該唔係multiple choice.

成個過程兩個鐘左右, 開頭會有少少手工當warm up, 不過成個過程唔會好活, 我個女覺得好悶, 而且好多"功課" (讀書寫字).  佢最後冇被取錄.

5#
發表於 12-11-6 12:48 |只看該作者

回覆:elmostoney 的帖子

thanks elmostoney, the assessment for Chinese is it in simplified Chinese?

6#
發表於 12-11-7 11:29 |只看該作者
you can expect it to be simplified characters.  The truth is, their admission standards for Chinese and English are quite different.  English requirement is tougher than Chinese.  The characters which they asked my daughter to recognize and write are simple ones such as 羊, so there is essentially not much difference between simplified and traditional.

HOWEVER, my friend told me that they have recently changed their Chinese curriculum and are using the set of books of St Paul Co-Ed, only changing the contents to simplified.  I don't know if this new situation will affect the P1 admission test requirement.

7#
發表於 12-11-7 11:34 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 12-11-7 11:39 編輯

also, bear in mind that P1 only have about 10 to 15 spaces open for application.  Out of all applicants, Singaporean will have priority. I have encountered 2 Singaporean friends who delayed their children to admission until PY2 or after, and of course, in their cases, it was instant admission. So after you discount Singaporean applicants, there are definitely a handful of spaces available only and far fewer than the published 10 to 15.  So if the applicant is not Singaporean, he/she needs to do exceptionally well to be admitted.  

8#
發表於 12-11-7 13:00 |只看該作者

thanks a lot, elmostoney, so you mean last year your two Singaporean friends can get in straight right? as I heard that even Singaporean may not have the seat secured.  this year the competition may be even harder for more kids.

9#
發表於 12-11-7 22:17 |只看該作者

回覆:SIS admission test for p1

So do you mean that most of the students in p1are from the reception class?

10#
發表於 12-11-8 08:01 |只看該作者
I don't remember the exact number, but as I understand, let's say e.g. PY1 has 15 students/class.  PY2 will have 18/class and Year 1 20/class.  So you get the number.  if they have 4 to 5 class, you just multiply the new spaces in each class every year and you know how many openings.  The number of students in each class as I remember, is roughly correct, may be off a little.  But I remember every year from PY1 to Year 1, they only have 10 to 15 new spaces.  So if you don't get in PY1 and you are no Singaporean, you chances are minimal unless the child is exceptional.

My friends whose children are Singaporean got in straight in PY2.  Year 1 is more difficult because there is written test.  As far as I know, for PY2, if you are Singaporean, and you can answer simple question such as your name, age, etc. (ie. you can communicate) then you can get in.

11#
發表於 12-11-8 11:27 |只看該作者
Sorry this is off topic but I can't help but express my sadness.

Singapore is a society not unlike Hongkong, just as there are many Singaporeans living in Hongkong, there are many Hongkongers living in Singapore too.

Here we see a Singapore International School serving Singaporeans primarily but many Hongkongers are eager to send their children to. No such thing as a Hongkong International School in Singapore, or any foreign country for that matter.

Hongkong used to be a place which Singapore looks up to, and this just goes to show how much Hongkong had gone downhill, for reasons which are obvious to everyone but not very mentionable under Hongkong's new masters.

點評

licpd    發表於 12-11-8 11:30

12#
發表於 12-11-8 12:57 |只看該作者

回覆:FattyDaddy 的帖子

dear fattydaddy,

every school has its own strengthness n shortness.  I like the all round n structural academic system of sis, but I don't like it using simplified Chinese.

Hong Kong schools, dds or better say many hk international school emphase too much on freedom, on which I don't think that children should be left free when their thinking skill is not yet developed.

I like Japanese school for teaching order n obedience but their English is not good enough.

I just think that we choose the appropriate school for our kids. some ppl want free n easy, then go ahead, some want more discipline, then go for the school in that direction. if our govt is smarter, they should have done better in our education system.

however nowadays hk, every policy comes out, will cause a lot of noise, it may cause the society cannot move forward.

點評

FattyDaddy  Hehe, 崇洋 is bad, 崇星 is good, I get it   發表於 12-11-10 10:51
LeeMama328  同意ngmyan的最後一句,不同意FattyDaddy有關特首的一句。看來崇洋仇己的心態還是根深蒂固的。  發表於 12-11-10 02:21
FattyDaddy  Hehe, this is not related to the point I was making. Anyway, I was off topic {:1_1:}  發表於 12-11-8 13:33
FattyDaddy  Hehe, this is not related to the point I was making. Anyway, I was off topic {:1_1:}  發表於 12-11-8 13:32

13#
發表於 12-11-8 13:04 |只看該作者

We just submitted it for primary one.

my kid is end Dec 2007, as per their admission policy, it should be p1. don't know if can let her defer a year to study py2 if easier to get in but last time one of our Singaporean friends said that she fought very hard, 4-5mth to get in py2, that's why we try primary 1.

14#
發表於 12-11-9 13:20 |只看該作者

引用:We+just+submitted+it+for+primary+one. +

原帖由 ngmyan 於 12-11-08 發表

my kid is end Dec 2007, as per their admission policy, it sh ...
I just think that we choose the appropriate school for our kids. some ppl want free n easy, then go ahead, some want more discipline, then go for the school in that direction.

Shadeslayer:

SIS is not my cup of tea.  People choose schools with different reasons, I have nothing against SIS.  But if you think other IS are in general free and easy. I suggest that you try to find out more about the good ISes.

The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

15#
發表於 12-11-9 15:12 |只看該作者

回覆:shadeslayer 的帖子

I feel that many of the is will emphrasize more in teaching the student how to think and analyse and less in discipline contro,that what i mean for the free and easyl

16#
發表於 12-11-9 17:04 |只看該作者
回復 ngmyan 的帖子

I don't think analytical thinking and discipline are mutually exclusive?
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

17#
發表於 12-11-10 23:32 |只看該作者

原帖由 ngmyan 於 12-11-08 發表

Do u know they have strict policy on age? However I don't see it on the website. I also want to apply P1 in the future so when should I do it? One year ahead or two years ahead? Thanks

18#
發表於 12-11-11 10:36 |只看該作者

回覆:DonaldTsang 的帖子

You can refer to their admission policy.
Coz we may have to go back to Singapore later, the school term starts from jan n end dec for the child born in that year until 2/1 of the year following that academic year.  Say if my girl study in singapore, sh can study in primary 1 with school term 2013 jan only. But here in hk we can choose to be big child, that's why we are so concerned in it as we have to consider the set back solution.

Can apply one year before the term can already.

19#
發表於 12-11-11 10:43 |只看該作者

引用:you+can+expect+it+to+be+simplified+chara

原帖由 elmostoney 於 12-11-07 發表
you can expect it to be simplified characters.  The truth is, their admission standards for Chinese  ...
I wonder how come the admission is far more harder than the local one? I mean the local prestige schools? I went through all IS website but not SIS, is their P1 equ to local P1? If it is the case, I would say "NO"!

20#
發表於 12-11-11 10:53 |只看該作者

原帖由 ngmyan 於 12-11-08 發表

Are you mixing up py2 with p2? Py 1 and py2 is the years before year 1! You can defer your 2007 born child to py2 actually .

‹ 上一主題|下一主題