密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 家姐讀國際,細佬讀本地學校有問題嗎? ...
查看: 2634|回覆: 32
go

家姐讀國際,細佬讀本地學校有問題嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-9-23 00:10 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi, I'm a dad of 2 kids and my current ideal plan is to send my elder daughter (almost 3y) to Victoria primary/secondary and younger son (1.5y) to St. Joseph's in the future, as I'm its old boy.  But I do have 2 concerns which I'm not sure of:

1) Obviously St Joe will have much more homework than Victoria, do you think my boy will envy his sister for not having much work to do?  And it's not quite balanced that my daughter will have much more free time while her brother is always busy on his homework (I guess)!

2) Similar to the above point, i.e. my son will envy his sister studying in a more 'classy' school and thinks we love her more?

Appreciate it very much if you could share your view!!!

Cheers,
vchan1
   0    0    0    0

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 12-9-23 01:19 |只看該作者

回覆:家姐讀國際,細佬讀本地學校有問題嗎?

I would be happy if I am your daughter, but upset to be your son.  St Jo has more tests and exams. Poor boy needs to study all the time while he sees his sis gets to "learn thru play".

3#
發表於 12-9-23 11:46 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

4#
發表於 12-9-23 12:00 |只看該作者

I can share a bit here since my elder son is in CKY but my younger daughter is in a traditional Catholic girl's school. It has been challenging to explain to my daughter why her brother has less work and less pressure, and why we had not put her in the same school. On the other hand, my son has been asking why his school is so expensive but his sister's school is "free of charge"! You have to think carefully how to answer these questions before you make this decision! I believe every family will have different answers! Our approach is telling them why their schools are good and suitable for them. Moreover, I have added work to my son so that they are more equal, for example, revising dictation at home with both of them together (though it may be too easy for my son). For my daughter, I will "let her go" easier and not pushing her too hard. Not easy to keep a balance!

Another point you may have to consider is that if you put them into such different schools, you as parents have to learn to support your kids in two different systems with very different requirements! It is not easy for you too and you may have to take double efforts.

5#
reneeleung 發表於 12-9-23 11:46
我都有想過這個問題. 因為我大仔比較適合LS. 但我真係覺得到時大仔會覺得我唔鍾意佢, 或者佢唔係我親生:too ...
咁最後点安排呢?

6#

I can share a bit here since my elder son is in CKY but my younger daughter is in a traditional Catholic girl's school. It has been challenging to explain to my daughter why her brother has less work and less pressure, and why we had not put her in the same school. On the other hand, my son has been asking why his school is so expensive but his sister's school is "free of charge"! You have to think carefully how to answer these questions before you make this decision! I believe every family will have different answers! Our approach is telling them why their schools are good and suitable for them. Moreover, I have added work to my son so that they are more equal, for example, revising dictation at home with both of them together (though it may be too easy for my son). For my daughter, I will "let her go" easier and not pushing her too hard. Not easy to keep a balance!

Another point you may have to consider is that if you put them into such different schools, you as parents have to learn to support your kids in two different systems with very different requirements! It is not easy for you too and you may have to take double efforts.

7#
發表於 12-9-23 12:02 |只看該作者

回覆:vchan1 的帖子

8#
發表於 12-9-23 13:50 |只看該作者
我朋友大女讀名小,細仔讀IS。大女好中意讀書,勤力好勝,好適合。細仔是好純的開心快樂人,吳係搏個種,亦讀得開心。細仔好look up to家姐,so far相安無事,都幾好。

安排好吳好,好睇小朋友性格、父母點解釋,搵一間適合小朋友的學校係最緊要。

9#
發表於 12-9-23 14:14 |只看該作者
Jane1983 發表於 12-9-23 13:50
安排好吳好,好睇小朋友性格、父母點解釋,搵一間適合小朋友的學校係最緊要。

全中
如果真係要計,邊個件衫貴 d 又要計,邊個食多一碗飯又要計
真係計一定計唔掂
最緊要係,如果家長知小朋友係咁 sensitive,基本很多決定都要小心同佢解釋
小朋友要知,父母出發點都係在有限資源下,給他們最合適的教育

10#
發表於 12-9-23 14:34 |只看該作者
Jane1983 發表於 12-9-23 13:50
我朋友大女讀名小,細仔讀IS。大女好中意讀書,勤力好勝,好適合。細仔是好純的開心快樂人,吳係搏個種,亦 ...
While it is true that children have different characters, I'm not sure if those characters are in the genes, that one is born to be so.

I subscribe to the idea that one's character depends more on nurture than nature. A child is just a like lump of malleable play-dough and it is the school that forms the child, more than the child being rigid and has to choose a particular type of school to fit.

So in the example you mentioned, may be 中意讀書 and 開心快樂人 are the RESULTS of going to different schools.

點評

mrshoho  agree....  If one is placed in LS, he/she needs to 中意讀書 to excel, and IS have strong emphasis on 開心快樂.  發表於 12-9-23 20:48

11#
發表於 12-9-23 14:46 |只看該作者
吳係純nurture。我成世人親眼見過兩個好中意做功課的小朋友,有功課做開心過玩玩具同睇電視。一個係我家姐,一個係我小朋友,我自己從來吳係咁,相隔咁多年,再見都好震撼。

12#
發表於 12-9-23 20:19 |只看該作者
回復 FattyDaddy 的帖子

Agree w Fattydaddy that environment may change one's character & attitude in a certain degree!

13#
發表於 12-9-23 23:11 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

14#
發表於 12-9-23 23:49 |只看該作者
sschiu 發表於 12-9-23 12:00
I can share a bit here since my elder son is in CKY but my younger daughter is in a traditional Cath ...

Thank you so much for your sharing sschiu!!

May I ask when did your daughter start asking this kind of questions (her bro has less work...)?  And did she really accept your explanations?

By the way, my daughter is very energetic and not that easy to focus on something for more than 5-10 mins, so we are worried that IS/Victoria will not have good control/training on her discipline...  do you think our concern is valid?

Thanks!!

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 12-9-23 23:54 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 12-9-24 00:48 |只看該作者

回覆:Kareese 的帖子

乜唔係 IB 就算係國際學校咩?

17#
發表於 12-9-24 07:22 |只看該作者

回覆:vchan1 的帖子