用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 K1 application, please help me!!!!!
發新帖
查看: 870|回覆: 11
go

K1 application, please help me!!!!! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-9-20 03:47 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi all
We are a family living in London but will be relocating to HK next year.  I'm looking for a kindergarten for my end of Nov 2009 born son, preferably in Shatin/Kowloon Tong area, as I don't want him to travel too far.  

I know the application process has started already so I would like some advices/suggestions on schools in these areas if possible, as I've no idea which ones are good or not and which ones are pushy/gentle approach.  We are coming to HK in Dec but I believe it's too late to apply by then.  

Many Thanks!

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-9-20 04:39 |只看該作者

回覆:K1 application, please help me!!!!!

It really depends on your plans for his primary education & personal preference.  R u looking for local or international stream?

3#
發表於 12-9-20 05:57 |只看該作者
Plans for primary?  I haven't even got that far yet!  Only decided to move to HK not long ago and is barely understanding the HK kindergarten system........

Most likely local system. My theory is I've seen many people from local school with good English but I've never seen people from international schools with good enough Chinese

4#
發表於 12-9-20 12:56 |只看該作者
wait a minute, your son was born in 2009 so he should be in k1 now.....99% of the schools are full la by now.  I'd suggest you just ring up the school when you get here & tell them your situation & see if they will you give a extra seat.   however, as you mention your family is relocated to HK ( so I assume it's due to parents' work), you should have some sort of agencies to help you move, won't you.  Iheard they will help you look for apaetment, & school for kids as well.  
Competition is very tough in HK, kids born in the end of a year don't even got a chance to interview.

點評

fc1111  Nov-2009 born kid is still able to apply K1 for the most of kindergartens in HK.  發表於 12-9-20 15:39

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

5#
發表於 12-9-20 13:25 |只看該作者
do you use Chinese at home?
does your boy has basic Chinese training? i.e. recognize a few Chinese words?
if not, you better apply K1 now, so to pick up his Chinese as much as possbile.. for local primary in the future.
if you havent made up your mind yet, try to apply K2 for Boxhill, they have half of the kids going to international schools and another half for local primary.
However, the K1 interview for most KG will be taking place during Oct-Dec.  So, you may miss it!  
hmm..  I think you can try York too (in kowloon tong), for both K1 or K2 application.
恐龍家

6#
發表於 12-9-20 16:02 |只看該作者
Thx......

It's a personally decision so no, no agencies to help me when it comes to school....  I know he should be in K1 now but I thought we get more choices when it comes to school if he delay schooling for a year.

He speaks Cantonese pretty well (well in my opinion but since he only uses it with me unlike most children in HK where they use it everyday) and my husband speaks Mandarin to him, as he is Malaysian Chinese. my son understands but he replies mainly in Cantonese.  

He recognises no Chinese characters and only recognises his English name and he knows no letters (except prob A, as his name starts with it) and that's about it!!!!!

I'm not too bothered about how famous the kindergarten is as long as it's a good, caring one.  I just want him to be happy and learn a some Chinese along the way!  I just hope it won't be too much of a shock to him as he goes to a Montessori nursery here so he's very used to doing his own thing rather being told what to do!

7#
發表於 12-9-20 16:05 |只看該作者
thx! i'll check on boxhill and york ^^

8#
發表於 12-9-20 17:03 |只看該作者
Your son can definitely apply for K1 for 2013/14 if you want as he is a 'small b'.  He will then become 'big b' in the class if he studies K1 in Sept 2013.  My son is born in Dec 2009 and he is applying for K1 for next yr.  Most interviews will be held in Nov and early Dec. for K1.  You may contact them by email or phone now and see if they could offer you an interview when you are back.

9#
發表於 12-9-21 19:10 |只看該作者
Actually, I've rang a couple of schools n all their interviews are in Nov, and I can't make it!     I guess I'll just have to wait and see whether any spaces become available later on.....

But thx for all your advices!!!!!

10#
發表於 12-9-21 20:36 |只看該作者
Try Funful, should be more flexible.

11#
發表於 12-9-21 20:57 |只看該作者

回覆:K1 application, please help me!!!!!

do you know where you will live when you come back to HK? Location is important as you may not want your kid to travel
long distance.

besides, there are a few kindergartens that uses Montessori approach. But most of them are "English-base", and students usually go to international primary schools afterwards.

12#
發表於 12-9-23 03:27 |只看該作者
Thx five, I'll look into funful.  I will be staying in Taiwai near my parents, so guess schools in Shatin/Kowloon tong will be best.

I heard 平安福音堂幼稚園 uses Montessori approach, which is what he is used to since he goes to a Montessori school now,  but their application deadline has passed.   The Woodland Schools are too far away and I am hoping my son can attend mainstream primary schools....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題