用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Which is the best, famous, good International School ...
樓主: 龍鬚糖妹妹
go

Which is the best, famous, good International School in HK? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 12-8-23 04:25 |只看該作者
回復 4eyesDad 的帖子

The answer is I am looking for both 3... Famous or best don't mean good!I am writing this topic so everyone could comment on any 3.
Don't think people need me to write all 3 questions to understand though!
Plz.......

42#
發表於 12-8-23 14:15 |只看該作者
回復 Shootastar 的帖子

Good grief! The school has rules about such things but there is a reward system in place too. However what makes the real difference is the heart of the teachers . The students know the teachers care for them. Wearing make up does not make them bad students. They know that they have to work hard to earn credits to get into good colleges. There are some who are not so academically inclined but they are encouraged to find their own strengths and work hard in those areas. I intend to let her go to high school in that school. I want her to discover  more about herselfbefore deciding on colleges. And I want her to enjoy the process and I think the US system is flexible enough to allow differences in ability and not make a child feel like a failure

點評

Shootastar  You explained why there are so many parents who want to send their kids to receive education in the USA, at least from a college, if not high school.  發表於 12-8-23 15:07

43#
發表於 12-8-23 17:43 |只看該作者
It's good that you start to study so early.  At the end of the day, you will notice that it's not you to choose which school...but which school is giving you an offer.  International schools are also very competitive.  
Afterall, there are schools that people like or dislike.  Since your kid is so small, you can visit their website and see if their cirriculum fits what you need.

44#
發表於 12-8-23 21:22 |只看該作者
i am sorry but for someone who claims to be american and studied in america, your english is a absolute shocker. maybe you should go back to school yourself.

45#
發表於 12-8-23 22:18 |只看該作者
dumbdonkey 發表於 12-8-23 21:22
i am sorry but for someone who claims to be american and studied in america, your english is a absol ...
I m not trying to write an essay here...
I didn't major in English Literature too...
Always one hand carrying my baby or pumping milk, another hand writing here in iPad, what you expect!
Such a mean person u! Like to pick on ppl so much!
Plz.... The theme here is about IS! U should open a group about American Bad Engish!!!

46#
發表於 12-8-24 11:11 |只看該作者
dumbdonkey 發表於 12-8-23 21:22
i am sorry but for someone who claims to be american and studied in america, your english is a absol ...
The purpose of this forum is for rational discussion and information exchanged. It is not right to use this forum to vilify or make personal attack on the participants. It does no good to all the participants.

47#
發表於 12-8-24 11:46 |只看該作者
dumbdonkey 發表於 12-8-23 16:22

其実都明白DUMDONKEY的指摘理由、但可知美国是個大溶炉、住左好多不同人種、甚致有很多只懂西班牙語的新旧移民。 長期只在CHINA TOWN的中国人、不懂英文的也有。 這正是美国的可貴之処。 但出THREAD楼主其実可将這指摘転化成正面能量、当BABY睡覚的時候、悪補一下美文、学海無涯、惟勤是岸。 第日話小朋友的時候都可以大声D (^-^)。

Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

48#
發表於 12-8-24 11:56 |只看該作者
Mighty 發表於 12-8-24 11:46
其実都明白DUMDONKEY的指摘理由、但可知美国是個大溶炉、住左好多不同人種、甚致有很多只懂西班牙語的新旧 ...

I am not quite understand what Dumdonkey tried to make, save to vilify the English standard of the thread poster. Since you understand, could you please enlighten me his reason for saying so?

49#
發表於 12-8-24 12:13 |只看該作者
我始終不是DONKEY,不可代表DONKEY講野。 不過可能DONKEY的想方法是「自認是美国人、一定英文OK LA」。 去弾下人、自己就可能会有点優越感。 ANYWAY,都係個句、化指摘為正面力量。 有不足之処、就去改善下LOR. HAHA所以我都年過半百、仲讀緊書AH. 女女都以我為傲GA.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

50#
發表於 12-8-24 12:43 |只看該作者
回復 Mighty 的帖子

I see. Thank you.

51#
發表於 12-8-26 01:11 |只看該作者
Shootastar 發表於 12-8-24 11:11
The purpose of this forum is for rational discussion and information exchanged. It is not right to u ...

Agree.  Let's share!

52#
發表於 12-8-26 05:55 |只看該作者

回覆:龍鬚糖妹妹 的帖子

No... Not a problem with ESF.  My son was in ESF kindergarten and we still went through the application process for primary school in case the relocation plan did not work out.  He got into Beacon Hill School, but then we were Cat 1 with alumni priority and ESF kindy priority.  They changed the policy this year such that siblings enjoy priorities before any categories without siblings.  So... That's why I say chances for tradition ESF schools are slim.  

We are back in US now and my sons are not in public school.  The US public school system does not have what I am looking for, so we chose alternatives.  Education system and curriculums are very personal choices for a family, like houses n cars.  That's why you need to visit he schools and pick what suits you best.

53#
發表於 12-9-18 03:17 |只看該作者
The School Book by playtimes has a complete list of English language schools in HK. I agree that 'best' is really what's most suitable for your family and your child. Read more about each school; that might help you discover what your family really want/need. It's a long journey, good luck and try to enjoy it ;)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題