密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 陪子女出國讀書
查看: 6551|回覆: 26
go

陪子女出國讀書 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-8-13 02:05 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
因為我先生係CIVIL SERVANT而且我哋有EU PASSPORT嘅關係所以我哋有準備送阿女去英國升學, 不過我諗緊比阿女寄宿好, 我就返香港, 還是租間屋係學校附近陪佢讀書, 不過我先生就會係香港工作, 我哋就逄學校假至返香港, 請問有冇家長會陪埋仔女去外國讀書架呢? 另外, 唔知有冇人會送9歲嘅小朋友去出國架呢? 謝謝你哋嘅意見!
   3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-8-18 09:57 |只看該作者
回復 junengai 的帖子

我都面對緊呢個問題,我仔14歲,其實係可以寄宿,我都放心,但佢自己唔想,想我陪佢過去讀。我自己讀過寄宿學校,並唔 enjoy,所以我唔想太過迫佢,但過去陪佢就要同老公分開,而且細佬都要跟埋過去,我唔想細佬咁細個就停左中文,所以好兩難,而家都仲煩惱緊

3#
發表於 12-8-19 06:38 |只看該作者
回復 junengai 的帖子

As your daughter is very young, I think you should go with her. However, if possible, maybe you should consider to send her to the UK when she will finish form 3. Although the Hong Kong education system is arguable, it is still able to train up students. Usually, secondary (not primary) students from Hong Kong can easily adapt to the overseas education system.

However, if it is your daughter who would like to study overseas, then you may go with her (as she is very young).

4#
發表於 12-8-19 09:41 |只看該作者
回復 junengai 的帖子

if it is financially feasible, that's good to try. i have a friend, he went to study in UK since he was about 10, that's not a problem.

5#
發表於 12-8-19 22:04 |只看該作者
好多謝大家嘅意見! 因為我阿女係香港都係讀緊INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, 所以冇中文, 佢都係靠請普通話老師嚟屋企至可以學到中文! 而因為佢係讀緊JAPANESE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL 冇中學, 所以我至諗完咗小學就送佢走! 不過, 我都係唔捨得佢一個人係嗰邊, 如果經濟許可我諗都會係嗰邊租屋陪佢讀書!但就要同老公分開!

點評

nottmum  兩公婆分開係一個"大"問題  發表於 12-8-19 23:36

6#
發表於 12-8-23 12:04 |只看該作者
回復 junengai 的帖子

有冇巧慮過, 反正都是要留在英國, 不如索性搞移民, 由你day one開始坐移民監, 你個小朋友已可享愛教育福利, medical benefit, 重有大學條數至襟計, 你投資落去既錢, 全部回本……

7#
發表於 12-8-23 13:09 |只看該作者
Why not apply for secondary IS in HK first?  There is no urgent need for your girl to go overseas yet, right?

點評

junengai  其實都唔急嘅! 不過我想好好安排一下, 因我知想apply英國心儀學校都要提早兩, 三年申請! 所以計劃定都差唔多啦!  發表於 12-8-23 23:04

8#
發表於 12-8-23 15:20 |只看該作者
我認識位朋友, 她也是公務員, 亦是在囝囝九歲時送他去英國讀boarding school.她好放心, 第一次都是靠空姐帶到出閘由學校人員接返學校, 自己都冇去英國陪佢開學, 我真的很佩服她. 現在囝囝已是第13班了
如果我是你, 我會找其他國際學校讀中學, 但聽聞今年開始它們不接受本地學生的申請? (有人知道詳情嗎?) 或可以考慮一些類似英國模式教學的學校,如 啓x 中學, 小朋友會讀得好開心, 而且是IB 課程.
9歲就過去, 太小, 而且你一定唔會放心,  待完成Form 2, 然後到英國繼續Year 9 (囡囡如果不是年頭出世 (四, 五月為分水嶺), 就可以meet 倒year 9) , 到Year 10 就開始應付GCSE 的課程了 (因state schools 好少收year 10 的外來生, 所以要year 9 開始入讀), 你又可以在 private (不太注重出生年份的差異) or state schools 裏選擇, 一定能找倒間好學校
如果都是想立即過去, 你陪她都不是問題, 而且可以入day school, 不用boarding, 如果選state school, 又不用學費,太多學校選擇了, 但定要選一個好區為落腳點, 找那區的好學校, 但是好學校, 定是僧多粥少, 都相當大競爭的.

點評

junengai  odelia_ho, 多謝你嘅意見呀!  發表於 12-8-23 22:57

9#
發表於 12-8-23 15:29 |只看該作者
回復 kakadaddy 的帖子

kakadaddy,
英國大學收本地生的要求高, 配額少, 大多數熱門學科的配額, 大部份都留給外來生申請,
而且現在英國大學的本地生與外地生的學費已漸漸拉近, 沒有着數可言了,

點評

kakadaddy  Thx for your info.  發表於 12-8-23 15:41

10#
發表於 12-8-23 23:00 |只看該作者
回復 kakadaddy 的帖子

kakadaddy,

我都有同老公講, 因佢同阿女有eu passport, 佢地有居留權, 只要住滿5年就可以攞到英藉, 不過老公好似唔係好想放棄份長俸, 我諗都要再諗諗去向!

june

點評

odelia_ho  如果你唔係有 EU or UK passport, 陪阿女去UK讀書, 你咪要每半年出境一次?  發表於 12-8-24 11:09
kakadaddy  Oh...i see  發表於 12-8-23 23:57

11#
發表於 12-8-29 13:12 |只看該作者
你們好  我們近日也開始留意這方面資料 原來好多人也是完了f.2就過去 今日到呢個topic 我才知點解

請問你們會選那個區再選學校呢 ?
有無特別喜好?

12#
發表於 12-9-18 14:10 |只看該作者
I guess, they (your kids) can handle it by themselves...........my parents were sent me out when i was 15 yrs old......they can learn dependance

13#
發表於 12-9-27 18:42 |只看該作者
本人有相關經驗可以分享。我的太太陪同三個仔仔六年前去了英國讀書,因為拿了居英權,所以仔仔全部入讀政府學校。我們選擇了中部地區Wirral,這裹比較少香港學生,子女較易融入本地人的文化及生活習慣。

最細的仔仔那時侯只是八歲,有媽媽陪同生活一定沒有問題。至於我方面,在港單獨生活問題也不大。每年有長假期的時候便飛去英國,平時就用Skype or MSN視像通話。Summer時他們也回港渡假。So far so good。

若果因工作關係不能陪子女去讀書,除了boarding school外,也可以考慮送子女入讀State school, 學費是免費的,選擇也很多 (Grammar school比較好)。至於住方面,可以home stay local/Chinese family. 我知道有些Chinese/local family都有提供服務。收費比較經濟,也十分安全。

點評

shmilu_kio  唏~ 我跟你們家一樣哦!  發表於 12-9-28 04:09

14#
發表於 12-9-29 17:02 |只看該作者
回復 hkparent 的帖子

Did you really try to apply for local international schools like ESF, Chinese international, German Swiss?  There is a long queue!!!  For ESF, those stuents have studied in local schools are classified as category B which is very low chance because the category A students can always jump the queue.  People apply with their ultra sound scan for German Swiss!  

15#
發表於 12-9-29 17:25 |只看該作者
回復 odelia_ho 的帖子

Different people has different points of view regarding day schoo or boarding school.  If you want to put your kid in a boarding school and enjoy the weekend activities, you have to choose some schools with high percentage of boarders.  If you choose a school with small percentage boarders and majority of the boarders are 6 formers, then, this school probably cannot provide much weekend activies or after school activities to your kid.

I am accompany my son, 12 years old, year 8, in a small town, in UK.  I pick this school because it's a small town,   People are quite wealthy.  Many mercedes, BMW, audi.   

The students are so friendly, majority of the boarders are 6 formers.  My son is the only Chinese in Year 8.  All the kids from Year 8 came to shake hand and introduce themselves during the lunch time on the first day.  They shared their snacks with my son during rest time.  hey take turns to sit with my son and ask him questions about Hong Kong and China.  Everyday, tDifferent students have different time table despite you are in the same class.  There are four or five Year 8.  My son's class has 19 students.  My son does not have French lesson because he has learning support lessons,  The teacher said his English is ok, therefore, he is preparing for the IELT exam with the Year 12 boys.   Since he has different schedules, he meets all year 8 boys, despite he can't recognize all of them.  My son was studying in a top band 1 secondary school in Hong Kong but he really enjoys the school life here.   

Don't think the life is too easy because quite a lot of homework and revisions.  They normally give you couple days to do it but quite a lot of writing.  They will do worksheets in the class, therefore you will have to revise accordingly.

When I pick up my son, I saw quite a lot of mammy will take out their sons' student diaries to check.  If the parents are so serious on education, I don't think there is any propblem.

16#
發表於 12-9-29 18:26 |只看該作者
回復 CarrieTse 的帖子

Better apply for IS when they are very young, say kindergarten.

17#
發表於 12-10-8 11:39 |只看該作者
It really depends on your child's personality, capability and more. I spent 5 yr to stay with my girl in Canada and my husband was working in HK. I had a home stay girl from HK in Canada. She lost control on her study, and discipline, I can't do much on her coz she was already 15 that time, though I kept close contact with her dad in HK.
She was kicked out from the school board and back to HK finally.
She said she had no Canadian friends there because people are holding diff value standard there. All kids have family activities, community involvement, joining professional clubs or fun activities after school, leaving her with no attention from them.
She only hung out with students from China, all of them have no parents staying with. They went out for hot pot, calaOK...

Canadians care very much about family love. They believe no one could replace it.

18#
發表於 12-10-9 05:29 |只看該作者

回覆:陪子女出國讀書

我今年八月陪兩个女嚟英国讀boarding  school , 佢哋以前係香港讀国際学校,出嚟讀,係想佢哋可以再全面D,吾好再好似係香港日曰返學放学补習,練琴游水, 我自已以前细个出黎讀書好驚,而家自已帶住D细路都好驚,因為好驚,所以要团结一齐面对人生新的每一頁!而家几好,佢哋曰曰打兩三个电話俾我,問吓屋企,自己係学校又有自已既世界,week end 掛住屋企就自已上网訂平價火車返嚟,否則就同学校去玩, term break christmas 又可以去瑞士cheap  cheap 地滑一个星期雪,我覺得係呢边,屋企駛少咗好多!

19#
發表於 12-10-19 10:59 |只看該作者
請問陪讀好或比小兒去寄宿好D, 請提示, 請問各位可怎麼攞到英國公校LIST呢, 因小兒有EU passport.:

20#
發表於 12-10-19 12:30 |只看該作者
回復 dizidizi 的帖子

Hi dizidizi,

這個website 應該會幫倒你
http://www.sbsa.org.uk/
‹ 上一主題|下一主題