教育王國 討論區 海外留學 UK School Visits
發新帖
查看: 1437|回覆: 5
go

UK School Visits [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-7-20 17:07 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-7-20 18:02 編輯

I notice that schools like Westminster School and Wycombe Abbey etc. all have open days and school visits.  To fly to UK just for these one day visits is pretty inconvenient (especially when the admission rate is pretty low).   But I wonder if one's application will be jeopardised because he has never visited the school beforehand.   Any parent likes to share her experience?  Thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-7-20 20:37 |只看該作者
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

Open day is a way of understanding school. Honestly, their admission solely depends on academic level and talents. I would prefer private school visit rather than open day because  you have a chance to meet principal and admission tutor and talk to senior students.

3#
發表於 12-7-20 21:41 |只看該作者
I don't think that one's application will be jeopardised becase he has never visited the school beforehand. The result of entrance exams is the determined factor.

However, it may stand a higher chance taking my son and friend's kid as examples that flying to UK for a school visit were valuable in that the one hour interview by the principal and one hour tour to the school campus and chatting with senior teachers and students provided valuable insights on the school concerned.  In both cases, they are successfully admitted by the visited schools, including the top notch Westminster and another elite boarding school.

4#
發表於 12-7-20 23:16 |只看該作者
Thanks!   Sevenoaks' website said the chance of getting into the 6th Form is around 5 to 1.   I guess the admission rates of other top schools are similar.    It is my understanding that even if your are good enough to pass the entrance test, you will still have to travel to UK for the interview.  If a prior school visit is not crucial to one's application, then perhaps it could be postponed until then.

5#
發表於 12-10-9 05:55 |只看該作者

回覆:UK School Visits

我兩个女都有school  visit 才決定報边間,考边間,其實细路要係果度返学,住同玩几年,吾一家人去睇吓間学校,点放心?吾自已同校長見个面傾番半个鈡,又点知自己同學校理念同吾同?适吾适合自已?我老公之前話駛吾駛咁浪費,去完番嚟猛同Dfriends 話好彩有去school visit ,如果吾係send 錯呀女入一間吾啱既学校仲煩!

6#
發表於 12-10-9 06:01 |只看該作者

回覆:UK School Visits

like me,i dun like Westminster upper six school for my daughter , cos i feel apart from academic ,they have nothing for overseas borders ,but when i visit their under school  for my 3 years old son, i feel so impressed about their way of teaching future gentlemen ,so it is very hard to say something if you dun visit the school ,specially everybody have  different expectations

‹ 上一主題|下一主題