SMC Vs TSL - 如果比你再揀一次的話 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-7-3 23:25 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本帖最後由 biffkwok 於 12-7-4 02:11 編輯

請大家分享一下,讀緊的家長對中學部有信心嗎?又想一條龍,又怕....... 星期五就要決定了,真喺兩難
   5    0    2    0

2#
發表於 12-7-3 23:55 |只看該作者
i like smc, 因為我buy 小班教學 not many school can achieve this. the reason having a smaller class size is becos they can focus on the  kids better, and each student can get the attention and the individual care needed, and hopefully it could leads to a more effective learning experience.

3#
發表於 12-7-4 06:31 |只看該作者

biffkwok 的帖子

SMC secondary is not the best, but improved more.
S1 & S2 come from primary section, the level of standard is better.
On the other hand, if kids ok, you can knock the door.
Belive yourself, belive school

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 12-7-4 21:14 |只看該作者
I have no regret to have my girl give up seat in TSL and joined SMC 2 years ago

5#
發表於 12-7-4 23:12 |只看該作者
囡囡今年P.1,隔離型都有同學係GIVE UP咗TSL而讀SMC~

6#
發表於 12-7-4 23:23 |只看該作者
如果抽離D看,齋睇小學部,大家覺得SMC有甚麼比TSL優越,令你願意give up後者?

7#
發表於 12-7-5 08:22 |只看該作者
3 years ago, I give up TSL, choice SMC.
The reason is less pressure & workload. Happy school life.
P1 & P2 is 6 kids in ONE round table.
Now is P3, It is a little training or excise for TSA.
Daily reading hour is 2 or 3 hour. It is main workload of my kid.

8#
發表於 12-7-5 10:02 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 cpcog 於 12-7-5 10:06 編輯

I also gave up TSL for SMC. It was a hard decision as most people around me liked TSL. They thought I was silly to give up a "dream school" for the main group of parents.

But I like the language environment, smaller class size, more NET, start using Mandarin to teach Chinese since P1 (same as her kindergarten)...

Till now, I think my choice is the correct one. My daughter loves SMC.

Of course TSL is a good school too. Its swimming pool and the theater are attractive. They would have a big musical production every year!

however, I feel the style of the students in both school are different.

點評

journeyman  hi cpcog, what attributes between SMC & TSL you think are different? I'm seriously considering to put my kid in this school... thx in advance!  發表於 12-9-11 12:52

9#
發表於 12-7-5 10:06 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Web 於 12-7-5 10:11 編輯

睇見身邊的朋友為了成績排名而緊張(當然, 小朋友亦不會好過), 我慶幸自己揀了一條龍 (囡囡考唔到TSL, 但當年亦有另一間直資在手.).

10#
發表於 12-7-5 14:31 |只看該作者
Me too , similar to u all, we have been contemplating in the last 4 months every single day my mind was thinking smc or cky , cky or smc ... I really wish that we have made a final right decision !! Really looking forward to the 12 years ahead !!

11#
發表於 12-7-5 17:29 |只看該作者
Hi!  Wallpaper, do you remember me?  My son and yours got the offer at the same time last year.

Similar to you, we got offer from CKY too, and we finally chose SMC.

Look forwards to new school life!  And I wish we have a chance to meet this Sat.

Cheers!

點評

journeyman  Hi kschow, do you mind to share what makes you to give up CKY and choose SMC? Both are the choices for my kid...  發表於 12-9-11 12:53

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 12-7-5 22:38 |只看該作者
So coming P.1 parents and students will attend this sat's variety show?  That's really lovely.  The show is not big production like the musical by TSL or CKY, but you can feel each students are trying to do their best.  And the good thing is the school not just pick school teams to perform, but they held an audition and encourage student to participate and show their talents.  There will be champion teams performing their winning English dramas, there will be singing, dancing, speech. . .  hope you would enjoy the show and next year your children will be performing on the stage.

13#
發表於 12-7-5 23:20 |只看該作者
Yes.  We will come to watch the show and order uniforms and books as well.

We have been waiting it for a long time

14#
發表於 12-7-5 23:58 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Miss_N 於 12-7-6 00:03 編輯

we gave up TSL, SFA, KTS(waiting) and chose SMC, my kid is current P1 student.
Reasons:
1. NET and EMI every day, no need for English class after school.
2. Small class, kids have many chances to build up confidence, they were encouraged to join speech festival while other school prohibited their students to join without their permission.
3. Talent classes has providing different kinds of activities exposure and discovered their potential talent.
4. Foreign languages really had offering a taste of each language study and provide continuous study in P3 up to secondary study after trial (better than TSL), language resources in school library are rich. Further overseas study tour were attractive ( I read the briefing slide this year)  though my kid is not yet qualified for participation.
5. Really less pressure than SFA, homework load not heavy.
6. As I observed, many parents paid many effort for training up their kids and all kids are smart. That means our kids are keeping in good study atmosphere, when they are promoting to S1, same batch of kids bear similar standard. If we have doubt about secondary school that means we have doubt in our kids.

15#
發表於 12-7-6 01:01 |只看該作者
各位:

非常感謝大家抽空分享意見,為咗唔想自己再左諗右諗,掉更多頭髮(真的),我巳經作出決定,今晚特登搭車去買咗個藍色書包,希望我無拺錯啦!

16#
發表於 12-7-6 01:18 |只看該作者
Sounds like Everyone get a fair chance !! Simply just Can't wait for this adventure ahead to start ! And it's always encouraging to hear from
Existing parents !!
Kschow : yes ! Of course I remember you !! We both got phone calls ftom the school to notify us for acceptance, right ?  Fabulous !! We meet again !! Hope things will go smooth for our kids from now on !! Hope to meet u too on the 7th !  And wishing them 12 good progressing years ahead !!

17#
發表於 12-7-6 10:53 |只看該作者
Dear wallpaper,

Please check PM, thanks.

18#
發表於 12-7-7 02:32 |只看該作者
各位,明天見~

19#
發表於 12-7-8 11:02 |只看該作者
下星期好似係升中放榜, 呢代都甘大競爭, 到我地果代, 個個小朋友都好學甘多野, 又越來越出色, 所以有間中學BACK UP 我會放心D, 而且同一校舍, 歸屬感大D, 中學係小朋友很重要階段啊!

20#
發表於 12-7-13 13:59 |只看該作者
I just wanted to share one thing from my girl's class.  About one month ago, my daughter got her exam papers back, I asked her why one of the exam papers changes the marks (losing some marks).  She told me she found the teacher overlook her mistakes so she told the teacher and that's why she was deducted more points.  I told her that I am proud of her for being so honest.  She told me that there is nothing to be proud because all her classmates will do the same.  They are as honest as her, nothing especial!  

Now, I am really proud of the school and all her classmates!

點評

journeyman  very impressive.  發表於 12-9-11 12:56
Kittymummy  好孩子 ~ 讚 !  發表於 12-7-13 20:29
‹ 上一主題|下一主題