搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有無special needs 小朋友讀緊IS?
發新帖
查看: 1485|回覆: 9
go

有無special needs 小朋友讀緊IS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-6-10 23:58 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
想問下有無小朋友係有special needs, 而又讀緊IS? 如ESF learning support centre or other IS, 想知情況如何及學校係咪多數要你請shadow? I'm not a rich person, but my son's therapists suggest that he better attend IS more than LS, so I would like to know more about the tuition regarding special needs support and the chance of placement.
Anybody know about ESF learning support centre? How many years to wait for a place? Thx!

點評

pollybell  EFS learning support centre -等幾耐無一定準則,睇你幾歲申請,4歲申請面試機會越大.  發表於 12-6-11 22:49
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-6-11 00:54 |只看該作者

回覆:有無special needs 小朋友讀緊IS?

It depends on what kind of special needs you are talking about

3#
發表於 12-6-11 01:45 |只看該作者
He has ASD, speech delay & can't sit still!

4#
發表於 12-6-11 08:59 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

5#
發表於 12-6-11 11:46 |只看該作者

Have you tried looking into programs in IS for ASD?  I think autism partnership works with KIS.  HLYIS also works well with children of special needs.  ESF would have to assess your child's ability for placement, whether in general Ed with 1-1 aide or at Sarah Roe.  Aide and therapy would be at your own expense in any IS.  Kindergarten level would be general education only with your own full time aide at ESF.

6#
發表於 12-6-11 23:35 |只看該作者
回復 joanthony 的帖子

ASD=autism spectrum disorderCan your son sit still during the lessons while he has ADHD? or you will give him medicine to make him calm? Actually what kind of symptom does he have?

7#
發表於 12-6-11 23:52 |只看該作者
回復 lottieclee 的帖子

Thx for reply!I think Autism Partnership is too expensive and nowadays their reputation is so so. Do you know any IS could let mummy to do as the aide? Or if he can get the placement at ESF learning support centre, will ESF still request you to employ the aide? coz I don't know the employment is under school request or parent concern only.
Does anyone have solid experience? I really want to know the cost!! As state before, I am not rich!! Thx!

8#
發表於 12-6-12 09:29 |只看該作者

引用:回復+joanthony+的帖子 ASD=autism+spectr

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

9#
發表於 12-6-22 16:31 |只看該作者
How about gifted child? Will IS provide any special care to these children?

10#
發表於 12-6-24 01:33 |只看該作者
How old is your son! I know some kindergarten will take asperger kids, the kindergarten will allow 1-2 kids in each class.  But they won't be identified, so no one knows they need special help except the teacher. The teachers will give these students extra sessions/ therapy every week based their needs.

This is mainly for kids that are not having severe problem, and help them slowly minge with the 'larger peer'.  You can check with your therapist on the list of kindergarten.

I think you can ask ESF directly on their learning support center, just as a general question' but in a subtle way that wot discriminate your kid's application chances.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題