教育王國 討論區 國際學校 French or Spanish?
發新帖
查看: 1837|回覆: 9
go

French or Spanish? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-5-28 12:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear All,

My child is going to P.1 of International School this Sept. My plan is to send her to UK when she is about F.4 or later. I am now considering  letting her learn a second language. Shall I choose French or Spanish? I think French is the official second language to be examined at IGCSE right?  Pls give me your expert advice. Thanks.

By the way, for IB exam, can we choose Chinese (mandarin) as a second language? How about Spanish or French?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-5-28 18:06 |只看該作者
Mine is not any 'expert advice'.  不過同様経過NEWDADDY的心路歴程、世界不断在変、但以現在来説、如TARGET去英国、相信FRENCH会比較好D. 但以好聴不好聴角度的話、我就覚得FRENCH比較優美、SPANISH就粗皮点。 entirely personal feelings though.  我的一個AUNTIE、精通ITALIAN&FRENCH,我問她意見、她説完全NO WORRIES、選択哪一種也可以、因為小朋友学了其中一種、如本身対語言有興趣、他会自己再自学的、有了其中一種的根基、就容易上手。 
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

3#
發表於 12-5-29 15:51 |只看該作者
Away from 好聴不好聴, if you look at it from a practical perspective, the choice would be quite easy... there are 500 million spanish speakers globally vs. 170 million French speakers..

4#
發表於 12-5-29 16:21 |只看該作者
学東西不可能処処従PRACTICAL PERSPECTIVE去看的、我自己就比較MUSICAL 一点、不好聴、我就不喜歓学了。 PLAN去英国、不是FRENCH会比較PRACTICAL嗎?(^-^)
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

5#
發表於 12-7-1 01:28 |只看該作者
Hello,

My son is in an international school pupil as well and I opted French for him! I regret my choice as learning Spanish would open a brighter path for your child. My son is going to the UK this coming academic year and he wanted to choose both Spanish and French for his GCSE subjects however the school did not allow him to do so as they thought that it would be hard to catch up the previous work they did in previous years therefore this is an important choice to make. French is more popular in contrast to Spanish in the UK but Spanish is 'more' useful in a global sense.

I hope this helped!

6#
發表於 12-7-3 18:23 |只看該作者
Is French more useful in Canada as well?  How about Australia?

7#
發表於 12-7-4 23:07 |只看該作者
Yes. French is the 2nd language in Canada.

8#
發表於 12-7-5 00:02 |只看該作者

回覆:French or Spanish?

Spanish would be a lot more useful for our children now.  The south American economy is blooming, by the time the graduate from college, Spanish and Chinese would be as important as English.  I live in LA n Spanish is almost a job requirement here.  I did French at school,wish I had opted for Spanish.  I get away with Spanish here because I speak Chinese! Bilingual employee get bonus pay here.

9#
發表於 12-7-5 00:34 |只看該作者
Spanish , 你看IB 也專登出西班牙版的試題

10#
發表於 12-7-5 18:19 |只看該作者
回復 vinvillalee 的帖子

Please allow me to correct you without offense.
French is one of the official languages of Canada, having equal status as that of English and therefore not a second language there.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題