搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 6歲國際學生補習英文, 有冇好介紹?
發新帖
查看: 2600|回覆: 9
go

6歲國際學生補習英文, 有冇好介紹? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-5-7 10:46 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
女兒現在唸Year 1, 老師覺得她串字要補一下, 雖然閱讀已沒有問題, 但寫journal時, 可能因為部份phonics不穩, 所以錯漏百出.  walked會寫成wokd, played會寫成plad等.  我想找一家中心, 給她補數月, 追上後便不讀了.  有媽媽有建議嗎?

點評

eneresnat  Does swck require kids to do spelling?  發表於 12-5-7 14:18
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-5-7 13:13 |只看該作者
係米呢個age嘅小朋友都係咁 ? 因為我個小朋友都有咁嘅情況, 除非去讀starter 都係死記生字。但係讀IS 是否要死記?

3#
發表於 12-5-7 15:29 |只看該作者
My daughter is also study Yr in I.S.  I think I.S teachers will encourage students to spell out the words themselves  by phonics instead of just asking them to memorise the spelling.  Therefore, I don't think it is really a problem  when your daughter only made a minor mistake in spelling.  Sooner or later, she can spell out the words correctly.

4#
發表於 12-5-7 16:04 |只看該作者
yes CAKEMOON, my daughter also made a minor mistake on spelling only, not serious....she will use the rhyming word dictionary , but sometime have mistake

5#
發表於 12-5-7 16:21 |只看該作者

回覆:6歲國際學生補習英文, 有冇好介紹?

請問你地讀IS的小朋友是在校內學phonics or要出外學?thanks.

6#
發表於 12-5-7 20:14 |只看該作者
elmostoney 發表於 12-5-7 10:46
女兒現在唸Year 1, 老師覺得她串字要補一下, 雖然閱讀已沒有問題, 但寫journal時, 可能因為部份phonics不穩 ...
我以為Year 1應該係咁架喎,我仔仔Year 1時都係用Phonics串字,好似Naughty 串成notty,當時都有問老師應該點做,老師叫我乜都唔好做,因為想小朋友be brave to try spelling out new words,如果佢串乜你都話佢串錯,咁小朋友會唔想試用phonics,咁當阿仔睇書多左,spelling自然好左好多。到左Year 2,學校就開始有spelling嘅功課。

7#
發表於 12-5-8 11:20 |只看該作者
係咩? 其實老師嘅意思係覺得佢phomenes 唔穩, 我睇佢篇journal, 全部字都要我估.  老師唔會要佢地死記, 但有部份sight words就在所難免.  我個人覺得一半一半, know 同 no 讀音一樣, 你都要知context先得, 有d真係要靠記.  我個女從來未出去學過phonics, 我覺得比佢出去補四至六個月都ok, 等佢快d上手, 對自己有信心都好.

我個女今個月先六歲, 可能佢個班d人太勁, 佢係少數係班上冇物補太多習或太多課外活動嘅香港小朋友.

8#
發表於 12-5-8 11:27 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 12-5-8 11:29 編輯

eneresnat, swck/ica 要小朋友每星期寫十個八個字, 都係常用同簡單, 如 me, we, had 呢d, 但我個女日日寫都唔係幾catch up到. 寫journal就任寫, 冇限制用字.  老師會因應唔同小朋友進度, 個個寫d字都唔同, 總之唔會比grading.  我個女而家睇書就開始入佳境, 算係咁啦, 始終之前佢冇正式學phonics, 都係我自己教下停下, 我見佢個班d香港同學仔, 好多都好勁, 不過佢地有d係諗住出返 LS 讀小一, 我聽阿女講有d小朋友放學後都好忙, 要學幾多野下, 但學物我就冇打聽啦, 再加上我個女本身資質麻麻, 所以都唔意外.

9#
發表於 12-5-8 13:50 |只看該作者
My kid is Year 1 in an IS.  The school does not require them to write much, except some simple exercises in class. No English writing homework.  They will start more writing in Y2.  

It seems that the school your kid is attending is quite demanding.   In our school, wrong spelling is expected and accepted.  The key is to train them to be brave and keep on trying.    The school teaches phonics and gives  lots of reading.  And it is absolutely critical that parents guide the kids in reading every day (for about 15 to 30 minutes).  The school holds reading workshops at the beginning of the school year to show parents how to help the kids to read.   Sure enough, if your kid reads a lot, you will see that his/her spelling will improve dramatically.  

If your kid did not learn phonics at kindergarten, and your current primary school does not teach that either, then going outside for phonics training should be useful.   One good place is Jolly Phonics at Beacon Hill on the Kowloon side.  Hope this helps.  But remember, daily reading is critical.  

10#
發表於 12-5-8 20:14 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 12-5-8 20:15 編輯

we do lots of reading with her at home (20 ~ 30 minutes minimum per day and some days up to 1 hour) and she can read quite well.  only writing is a problem.  Her problem is, despite repeated practice, she still can't write very simple words (e.g. writing "had" for one month, but still can't spell it correctly).  They don't have homework other than reading and writing 10 words/week.  Journal is written in school once a week (4 to 5 sentences). So hw load is light, and she has lots of time to play.  She went to a Mandarin Montessori before without any official phonics teaching. (ironically, her mandarin is quite fluent, considered that we don't speak the language at home) Her school does teach phonics, but is moving at a very fast pace.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題