搜索
教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 啟思中學IB學生取得港大 unconditional offer
樓主: ChiChiPaPa
go

啟思中學IB學生取得港大 unconditional offer [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-5-10 00:39 |只看該作者
回復 JustAParent 的帖子

Not every student may eventually stick to IB.  According to their site, IB seats are still available which somehow indicates there is less than 50% students go for IB.  I guess some may go for DSE for various reasons; such as, not plan to study aboard,  comparatively expensive, hesitate about the non-jupas -> HK's U..........  Some of these "reasons' may not even valid, it's just out of imperfect information.  

In my son's school (another new IB school in the same district), the rate for IB is far less than my expectation either.

22#
發表於 12-5-10 04:21 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 12-5-10 14:27 |只看該作者
回復 kenfu 的帖子

From your questions, you know little about IB, your questions mixed with CSS specific or general issues.
You can go to my blog, I wrote 13 blogs related to IBDP, most of your questions are answered in a systematic manner.
http://www.edu-kingdom.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=107125&do=blog&classid=19&view=me
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

24#
發表於 12-5-10 14:56 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-5-11 00:32 編輯

回復 kenfu 的帖子

我想知揀IB的家長是想仔女去外國讀還是在本港讀大學? (Both are eligible, only some IB approach schools emphasis IB only good for overseas, that's not true. You can refer to DBS's website.)

揀IB是為了避開不知所為的DSE? (Yes, and no. Refer to my blogs.)

揀IB是為了能讀到一些著名的學位課程(overseas or local)? (Yes and no. Ivy League may provide firm offers based upon SAT, personal statement, essay and interview, no need for HKDSE, IBDP or GCE...... In HK, yes to certain extent.)

若只是想讀到本港大學, 有須要揀IB嗎? (If you take IB because of the excellent curriculum, your kid really benefit from the program for life learning; but IBDP only an exam results with proven track record like HKALE, GCEALE. Just for local Us, you can go for IGCSE, GCE....... Pls differentiate the difference in curriculum and or examination.)

以啟中為例, 好成績才能讀IB; 若HKU 俾unconditional offer 是一些閒科, d家長會接受嗎? (You can also refer to DBS's offer portfolio. Different parents have different expectation, some just want any seat in any U's, some expect "hot" seats  in Big3...... You need to do homework on IB schools in HK, too much hearsay around.)

會否讀啟中 DSE 的學生遲些也考到HKU, 讀d科目還好過unconditional offer ? (Speculative question, no comment.)

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

25#
發表於 12-5-10 16:07 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題