搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KGV英婦教中文
樓主: mrshoho
go

KGV英婦教中文   [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 12-5-3 18:51 |只看該作者
FattyDaddy 發表於 12-5-3 16:41
Hmm, aren't we talking about international schools here? We should ask ourselves why parents send th ...
The question is: if KGV decided to teach Chinese at school, they should do it properly.  This is the most essential point under this discussion.  Please keep to the point.
快樂的家庭,孕育快樂的孩子;快樂的童年,成就幸福的人生。

42#
發表於 12-5-3 19:02 |只看該作者
annie40 發表於 12-5-3 13:25
似乎大家仲有不同的想法, 我让孩子上IS, 早就预见孩子不懂中文的.  因此从来对学校的中文科未有期望, 亦因 ...
我有時都会覚得ESF NEWSLETTERS写得一般、OR CLASS TEACHER的EMAIL都不流暢、BUT好少看到錯漏百出、如果有我一定会投訴。 所以我覚得並不存在因為是CHINESE、我地特別緊張。 LEVEL可以是LOW LEVEL,BUT一定要対才可接受。 幼稚園可能只写「我食蘋果」、高点LEVEL可能会写「我高高興興地食蘋果」、両者都OK,但絶不容許説成「我蘋果食」、這同LEVEL没関係。

ESF浪費這多銭在費柴老師身上、是令人気憤的。 大陸好的老師大把。 点解????

FATTYDADDY的観点、我大部分都不賛同、BUT一点我会認同、ESF是没有意思撹好中文的、有中文科只是大勢所出、極端点講、将毎日普通話的時間転為作其他ESF専長項目、可能会更有効益。 大部分家長都有補中文的、所以影響不大。 如果問我、我賛成没有中文科。  如果有、就一定要有好的教材&老師才可以。 

Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

43#
發表於 12-5-3 19:07 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 william9_2003 於 12-5-3 19:16 編輯

因為 英基  ESF 每年都有接受幾億幾億 政府既資助,所以佢係有責任 一定要開 中文科黎符合係香港社會生活,社交以及工作所需
由於係我地納稅人既金錢,佢浪費咁多金錢教埋曬 d咁差,唔合水準既中文老師我地係有權批評 ,佢請唔合格既西人教中文對合水準既本地母語中文老師好唔公平,咁俾人搶飯碗好唔抵,亦好難向納稅人交待

44#
發表於 12-5-3 19:13 |只看該作者
Snakemama 發表於 12-5-3 18:51
The question is: if KGV decided to teach Chinese at school, they should do it properly.  This is the ...
That is right, teach it properly, or not at all, these are 2 sides to the same coin.

If people only stare at one side admiring the bauhinia flower, they don't realize there is another side saying "One Dollar" {:1_1:}

45#
發表於 12-5-3 19:44 |只看該作者
FattyDaddy 發表於 12-5-3 19:13
That is right, teach it properly, or not at all, these are 2 sides to the same coin.

If people only ...
Why drop it if the school can teach it properly?  Surely the school can find teachers who are capable of teaching correct Chinese.

46#
發表於 12-5-3 19:51 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-5-3 19:55 編輯
FattyDaddy 發表於 12-5-3 18:35
The subject being taught does matter. Maths is a core subject, and if a school does not teach maths  ...

What is a core subject and what is not does not really make a difference.  Kicking a football is not a core subject.  So does it mean that the the school could teach the kids to toe-punch the football?   Swimming is not a core subject.  So the school could teach the kids wrong style eg. 狗仔式?   Is music a core subject?  Is it OK for the school to teach the kids wrong music theory etc?  If the school find it hard to teach the kids all these properly, should the school drop all of these?  By the way, I don't really know how many parents would agree to the idea that Chinese should be dropped altogether.

47#
發表於 12-5-3 20:54 |只看該作者

回覆:KGV英婦教中文

本帖最後由 tingtingting 於 12-5-3 21:05 編輯

I find it amusing that those parents who send their children to ESF take Chinese so seriously. Shouldn't it be an informed decision? If they care about Chinese, why not CIS or ISF? After all, it is ENGLISH Schools Foundation.  I am not saying that it is OK to teach with poor materials. But, to rely on an English school to teach proper Chinese is kind of weird.

By the way, if people do care about Chinese, why accept 殘體字 (so called simplified Chinese) in the first place? Don't they know that ESF don't teach 正體 Chinese?

48#
發表於 12-5-3 20:56 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

49#
發表於 12-5-3 21:11 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:Snakemama+發表於+12-5-3+18:51+The+

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 12-05-03 發表

If people only ...
Just code your#27: "Yes, either you don't do it or you do it properly"

However, you keep changing the track.  I am going to and

快樂的家庭,孕育快樂的孩子;快樂的童年,成就幸福的人生。

50#
發表於 12-5-3 21:32 |只看該作者
Snakemama 發表於 12-5-3 21:11
Just code your#27: "Yes, either you don't do it or you do it properly"

However, you keep changing t ...
Huh? How did I change?

"Either you don't it or you do it properly"

"Teach it properly or not at all"

Don't these 2 statements mean the same? {:1_1:}

51#
發表於 12-5-3 21:51 |只看該作者
bobbycheung 發表於 12-5-3 19:51
By the way, I don't really know how many parents would agree to the idea that Chinese should be dropped altogether ...
My guess is, if ESF were to drop Chinese altogether, Hongkong parents will still be beating down the door to enroll their kids, but of course it is only my personal guess

52#
發表於 12-5-3 21:52 |只看該作者
Somebody said it before, recruiting decent Mandarin teachers in HK is not rocket science and there is no need to ditch Mandarin in ESF schools over that. Better human resources management is all that is needed.

FattyDaddy, I don't really get  your point of view but you are entitle to yours and I am entitled to mine, that's that.   Over and out!

53#
發表於 12-5-3 22:00 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Atticus 於 12-5-3 22:01 編輯
FattyDaddy 發表於 12-5-3 21:32
Huh? How did I change?

"Either you don't it or you do it properly"

Your emphasis seems to have shifted to the "don't do it at all" and "drop Chinese altogether" part, which I don't agree with.

I believe most people don't expect ESF students' Chinese to be impeccable but not for the wrong reason.  We all thought ESF students' Chinese was not strong because Chinese is being taught as a second language but we now understand that it's because they weren't being taught proper Chinese at school!  These are totally different matters.

54#
發表於 12-5-3 22:10 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-5-3 22:10 編輯
alpham0m 發表於 12-5-3 21:52
Somebody said it before, recruiting decent Mandarin teachers in HK is not rocket science and there i ...

Same goes for McDonalds serving rice. Cooking rice is hardly rocket science and it would be so easy for McDonalds to acquire local Hongkong staff and equipment to prepare rice properly, yet they don't do it. If you don't understand why they don't do it then you'll never understand my view point, but that is no big deal {:1_1:}

55#
發表於 12-5-3 22:25 |只看該作者
FattyDaddy 發表於 12-5-3 22:10
Same goes for McDonalds serving rice. Cooking rice is hardly rocket science and it would be so easy ...

FattyDaddy and tingtingting:

You still don't seem to get it...  Using FattyDaddy's favourite McDonald's analogy, nobody expects McDonald's to serve the best rice with barbecued pork but we are not talking about how tasty McDonald's McRice with Barbecued Pork would be if they do decide to sell this stuff, we are talking about this stuff is not cooked properly...  Quoting FattyDaddy, if you don't get this simple principle, you'll never understand our point of view but that's okay...

56#
發表於 12-5-3 23:25 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-5-4 00:06 編輯

ESF's Chinese Curriculum 2011 to 2013 said "...It is part of our commitment to raising the standards of Chinese education at ESF. We aim to maximise the opportunities for our students to develop their language skills, both oral and written, to a level that would help them to live and work in a Chinese speaking community if they so wished."
ESF's Annual Report 2009 to 2010 said "...As part of the Foundation’s 3-year strategic plan, strengthening and developing Chinese language learning in the Foundation’s schools is a key strategic objective......The primary daily Chinese programme is now well established and Chinese has become recognised as a core subject in primary schools. Three learning pathways have been established in secondary schools to match the primary programme."
Parents may have different views on the importance of Chinese, but it is clear that ESF is taking the Chinese language seriously.  Perhaps the parents who place little or no emphasis on Chinese are the ones who are barking up the wrong tree.  Perhaps they are the ones who should think again if ESF is the right school for their kids.  

57#
發表於 12-5-3 23:26 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 beeman18 於 12-5-3 23:48 編輯

if a restaurant decided to offer a dish, let it be eastern or western or fusion, let it be cooked by a native chef or an apprentice, it has certain expectations and have to be done in a proper way. And if a reputable education institution decided to offer any foreign language, or any new subjects in this matter, there will be certain degree of duty of care in delivering an on-par level if not exceeding it.  We are talking about education for children which is long term, and not some food served in any restaurant that may not even stay in our body longer than days.  Education is neither a joke nor something that can be taken lightly for many parents. If it is short-handed, out-sourcing to competent sector should be seriously considered as an alternative.

58#
發表於 12-5-4 00:19 |只看該作者
beeman18 發表於 12-5-3 23:26
If it is short-handed, out-sourcing to competent sector should be seriously considered as an alternative
International schools themselves are an out-sourced alternative to the local education system, and many parents who send their children to international schools and are serious about Chinese have out-sourced Chinese learning to Chinese language schools, that has been the practice for God knows how long.

You're right, education is neither a joke nor something that can be taken lightly, so sending one's children to international schools in general and ESF schools in particular should have been a serious and well thought out decision, and sub-standard Chinese teaching should not come as a surprise.

Anyway, I think everybody has said just about everything there is to say on this matter, and many including myself are beginning to repeat, so I'll just stop here.

59#
發表於 12-5-4 01:09 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Bow 於 12-5-4 01:11 編輯

個老師系教Foreign Language pathway, 以過來人的身份教, 應該好D掛.
蘋果斷章取意, 嘩眾取寵... 講到中文, 就算系大陸, 香港, 台灣, 星加波都有吾同啦...
個老師吾系中國人, 又太後生做亞head, 有人吾抵得, 益哂蘋果有新聞造.

60#
發表於 12-5-4 01:11 |只看該作者
Agree that we should put a stop to this.  Pointless to keep going on and on.  Let's switch gear a bit.  Do you think it is beneficial or essential for kids in HK to learn Chinese?
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題