搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KGV英婦教中文
查看: 13663|回覆: 90
go

KGV英婦教中文   [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

1#
發表於 12-5-3 09:49 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/te ... id=20120503&sec_id=4104&subsec_id=12731&art_id=16303196
OH NO!!!!!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-5-3 10:35 |只看該作者
Seems that the AppleDaily guys can't tell what the E in ESF means. It's an English school for Christ's sake.  What's wrong with teaching Chinese as a foreign language?

點評

manstap  100% agree  發表於 12-5-3 20:46

3#
發表於 12-5-3 10:47 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 WYmom 於 12-5-3 10:58 編輯

But it is really ridiculous to use such a teacher who has taught only for 3 years as the Head of Chinese dept... she used google to translate English into Chinese... this is unacceptable even she teaches it as a foreign language!!  This teacher obviously is not qualified for teaching Chinese as a foreign language.  It will only do harm to the students.

This is in fact reported by the parents and students of the school and obviously the school management ignore the complaints which force the parents to raise the issue openly to the public through the press.  Now the principal still defends the teacher...

4#
發表於 12-5-3 11:14 |只看該作者
為什麼使咗咁多錢, 唔可以請一位識教的人來教
老師如果冇一定的水準, 淨憑領導與管理能力點教學生呢
宜家係人出咗問題, 我相信就算教材改進咗, 都唔係代表佢識教
一校之長做出咁樣的決定, 真係讓人心寒
最可憐的係學生啊

5#
發表於 12-5-3 11:54 |只看該作者
回復 tingtingting 的帖子

So, will you be happy if the English teacher of your kid(s) is someone who cannot write proper English, if he/she is just teaching English as a "foreign language"?
Here, I have taken the liberty to assume that your kids are learning English as a second language.  If, to my ignorance, they are using English as first language, then please accept my apologies.

6#
發表於 12-5-3 12:08 |只看該作者
peremum 發表於 12-5-3 11:54
Here, I have taken the liberty to assume that your kids are learning English as a second language.  If, to my ignorance, they are using English as first language, then please accept my apologies
The vast majority of students in ESF are using English as their first language {:1_1:}

7#
發表於 12-5-3 12:51 |只看該作者
回復 FattyDaddy 的帖子

I am aware of this fact.  But still thank you for pointing it out.  Though "first language" & 'first language level ability" has some subtle differences.  
BTW, what I actually mean is that according to what the aforementioned parent said, I have a little bit doubt on whether the complete meaning of "learning a foreign language" is fully grasped.  Learning a foreign language doesn't mean learning it in a casual & not accurate way.  For example, you will never want to learn German form me even I know how to use Bablefish

8#
發表於 12-5-3 12:57 |只看該作者
回復 peremum 的帖子

英基有D中文老師中文同英文都講得唔好,小朋友聽唔明中文,老師用唔正的英文去解釋又聽唔明,真係好慘

9#
發表於 12-5-3 13:15 |只看該作者
tcbobo 發表於 12-5-3 07:57
回復 peremum 的帖子

英基有D中文老師中文同英文都講得唔好,小朋友聽唔明中文,老師用唔正的英文去解釋又 ...

我小朋友在SJS,ALTHOUGH D中文的課程好有問題、不過大部分老師都是香港OR内地的、OK BOR. 這間KGV、可能因香港本地学生較小、所以以為用西人教、瞞天過海。 
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

10#
發表於 12-5-3 13:38 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 helennalau 於 12-5-3 13:44 編輯

講真,英基肯定忘記左香港係一個以中國人為主既社會,個西人咁屎既水平係以母語為中文既社會教中文根本死梗,仲可以做到中文科主任,逗7,8萬一個月,成班香港中文母語教師暴動都似, 咁就手有母語中文老師唔請
浪費納稅人金錢, 香港大把叻既中文老師 ,叫佢教即等於叫香港英文老師去英國教當地中學生英語一樣 , 語言無當地人母語水準係無得係當地教人地母語 , 就算教少數種裔都好難暪天過海

11#
發表於 12-5-3 13:47 |只看該作者
我也覺得以這樣的薪水聘請如此水準的師資完全難以接受。
即使是任教對象是非華裔學生也完全不可以接受。
校方明顯失責!

12#
發表於 12-5-3 13:52 |只看該作者
peremum 發表於 12-5-3 12:51
回復 FattyDaddy 的帖子

Though "first language" & 'first language level ability" has some subtle differences
I meant the former, not the latter.

Why bother going to KGV or any ESF school if Chinese is such a big concern? I'm not saying whether Chinese should or should not be a concern, I'm just saying there is an appropriate place for everything,

Would I go to McDonalds and expect them to serve up a good bowl of cha siu fahn (roast pork rice)? If I'm really craving for a bowl of the greasy stuff I'm much better off going to Tai Hing next door {:1_1:}

13#
發表於 12-5-3 14:02 |只看該作者
回復 FattyDaddy 的帖子

I cannot help but to reply to your post although it was not addressed to me.

No, I don't expect McDonald to serve up a perfect bowl of cha-siu rice, but I don't expect them to served up a "spoiled" cha-sui rice. Not very good and spoiled/rotten are two different things to me.

KGV is an educational institute and I as a parent expect them to teach all subject in a decent and acceptable standard, not substandard. Just because it is an English-Medium school, it does not mean it is allowed to teach bad Chinese to the students.When I went to University in the west, I took Japanese as a subject and the school made sure they get decent teachers for the job. Hire the right people to do the right teaching, as simple as that, no excuses.

KGV is the feeding school of my child's primary school, and that's why I feel very strongly about this.

14#
發表於 12-5-3 15:15 |只看該作者
alpham0m 發表於 12-5-3 14:02
回復 FattyDaddy 的帖子

No, I don't expect McDonald to serve up a perfect bowl of cha-siu rice, but I don't expect them to served up a "spoiled" cha-sui rice.
I do agree ESF has made a mstake, the mistake is to offer Chinese at all. Just like it would be a mistake for McDonalds to have cha siu rice on their menu, since it was never their intention to serve a proper bowl.

15#
發表於 12-5-3 15:32 |只看該作者
I would like to hear why it is a mistake for ESF to offer Chinese classes
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

16#
發表於 12-5-3 15:54 |只看該作者
HKTHK 發表於 12-5-3 15:32
I would like to hear why it is a mistake for ESF to offer Chinese classes
You should ask why McDonalds don't serve rice. Different restaurants for different tastes, different schools for different children (actually more like for different parents), it is that simple.

As a matter of fact McDonalds in Hongkong did experimentally serve rice before, around 10 years ago, it never caught on {:1_1:}

17#
發表於 12-5-3 16:08 |只看該作者
I actually think it would be a big mistake if ESFs school don't offer Chinese lessons. Mandarin is becoming a worldwide phenomena. You will only miss the boat if you don't even attempt to learn the language.

18#
發表於 12-5-3 16:08 |只看該作者
The problem is more with this particular teacher in KGV... the school should have no problem to hire a much more qualified and experienced Chinese teacher to teach Chinese giving such a high pay!

19#
發表於 12-5-3 16:13 |只看該作者
Different schools cater to different students.  Yes, that I can understand.  Not even offering Chinese classes for those who would like to take it is simply wrong.  Not to mention that this is a school located in China with 45% of its students being ethnically Chinese.  For those students who would like to eventually work in HK, how do you think they will find employment if they can't read, write and speak Chinese?

Not sure if you are a parent of ESF but I would like to see the crowd's reaction when you propose that Chinese be omitted from their curriculum at the next PTA meeting.  Good luck.
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

20#
發表於 12-5-3 16:16 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-5-3 16:17 編輯
alpham0m 發表於 12-5-3 16:08
Mandarin is becoming a worldwide phenomena ...

That is not the point, no one is saying Chinese is not important, but if learning Chinese is such a big concern, there are much better schools to learn it from, why go to ESF?

Rice is a staple diet for billions of people in the world, no one can deny the importance of rice, yet McDonalds don't offer a single rice dish on their menu, so are they crazy or what? {:1_1:}
‹ 上一主題|下一主題