用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖方濟愛德小學 Any new P1 student ( 2012-13) parents?
查看: 7616|回覆: 76
go

Any new P1 student ( 2012-13) parents? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-4-11 14:35 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi! My daughter will study p1 in coming September. Any other new p1 students here?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-4-14 09:44 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 旦花湯 於 12-5-8 20:35 編輯

回復 jimb 的帖子

Hi jimb,

Congratulations!  This is my target school (my son is now in K1).  It seems that there is not much information about St Francis in this forum.

Frankly, I am attracted by the academic achievement of this school.  However, when I talk about this school with my friends, their main concerns are the environment (school campus surrounded by public estates), background of schoolmates (I'm sorry to say this) and lack of sports activities (information from school website).

Can I have your views please?

Thank you very much for your help.

3#
發表於 12-4-16 09:59 |只看該作者
Thanks for your reply! I agree with you that the the parents of this school are not very active in this forum  

Actually, I am the old girl of St Francis and that's why I let my girl to study in my "mother school". The academic level is good, just like me, I was able to get into Heep Yunn School for my secondary education, In recent years, around 20 girls can get a place in Holy Trinity College. I agree with you that the environment is not very "attractive", yes, maybe there are some students who are from new immigrant's families, But I think the most important thing is that the school can teach the children well. And I have confidence in the teachers of my mother school.

Hope I can share more information with you when my girl study P1 in September.           

4#
發表於 12-4-16 12:29 |只看該作者
回復 jimb 的帖子

If there is an open day of the school, please let me know.
Looking forward to your wise counsel and valuable advice in the coming future.

5#
發表於 12-4-25 17:26 |只看該作者
我都因為自己係舊生,而這間學校派位又吸引,就選擇了它.但係,我發現這間學校既冇校車,又冇褓姆車,現在都未知九月怎上學?放棄好定搬屋好?

6#
發表於 12-4-26 14:12 |只看該作者
回復 2BB媽媽 的帖子

你住邊區?如有巴士或小巴直達, 就唔駛搬屋啦!
如果放棄, 你仲有其他選擇嗎?

7#
發表於 12-4-30 18:48 |只看該作者
我住在青山公路近屯門段,問過出九龍D褓姆車,全部都話唔到,實地考察過,真係一架褓姆車都冇,全部都係自己接放學,好失望......

8#
發表於 12-5-8 11:09 |只看該作者
Hi Jimb. I am also the old boy of this school. My daughter is K2 now, and i also want her to study in this school. The academic performance of this school during my time (afternoon school at that time) was good. Many of my classmates including me obtained offers from Band 1/famous brand secondary schools.

I also agree with your viewpoint that this school knows how to teach students. 校風 vs family background of students? My choice is definitely the former. If the top priority of choosing a school is the family background of students, then parents with this selection criteria can consider 哈羅香港國際學校.

9#
發表於 12-5-8 17:45 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 旦花湯 於 12-5-9 09:28 編輯

回復 pongpong.lau 的帖子

Hi pongpong.lau,

Nice to meet one more old boy here.  I think why parents are concerned about the family background of schoolmates is definitely not because parents are biased against kids who come from grass root families.  It is only because experienced parents tell us that kids will be affected by their peer groups rather than their beloved parents, especially when they grow up day by day.

I know a person who is very smart, much smarter than me.  However, I have a much better career/life than him.  Once, he told me his story.  Starting from primary school, he had outstanding academic achievements.  He was particularly good at sports and mathematics.  At that time, he had 3 good friends, all boys.  After studying Form 3, all of his friends became打金學徒so that they can support their families at once.  One of his schoolmates was encouraged by his parents to fix buses at a bus company so that the whole family can ride on buses free of charge.  This smart guy then decided to quit school at once so that he can also “earn money”, just like his friends.  Now, he is an office assistant, though still very smart.

This is what parents scare the most.

No bias, only worries.

貢獻勳章

10#
發表於 12-5-13 10:50 |只看該作者
會長溫馨提示

有關校車/褓姆車話題,請貼在校車服務版內。會員亦請留意所出的帖有否偏離主題。

如情況未有改善,會將主題關上。多謝合作。

Gentle reminder to members of Education Kingdom:

For threads related to school bus/nanny van, please post at the related area on "Bus Services".  Please also post within the bounds of the current discussion topic.

If the situation does not improve, this thread will be closed without further notice.  Thank you for your co-operation.

11#
發表於 12-5-13 15:22 |只看該作者
回復 旦花湯 的帖子

Hi 旦花湯,

I am happy to see your reply. Your story is a sad one, may i know which secondary school your smart classmate studied? Yes, i totally agree with you. As a matter of fact, there is a chinese idium called "近朱者赤近墨者黑" and i think it is very true.

Let me tell you another story. I know a family whose monthly family income is over 200K. This family has 2 sons studying in a famous international primary school on HK island. Many of their classmates are very rich and have private drivers to drive them to school. Among them, one is arrogant, disgusting and impolite as his family is super rich. He says: "I have a lot of money, and money can solve any problem for me". However, he is just a primary school student and it is hard for us to believe this is said by a primary school student.  His attitude and mind are totally problematic. Obviously, he is influenced by the family from which he comes.

Of course, this is just an extreme story and it cannot represent all other rich families. Your story is also an extreme one and cannot represent all other poor families. In fact, it is not difficult  to find successful people in the society who are come from poor families.

Nonetheless, 1 thing is crystal clear, peer influence is very important, therefore, as parents, we need to pay close attentions to the peers our children play with and choose a school with good .

Being a parent is not an easy task, so let's together.

Cheers
PongPong

12#
發表於 12-5-14 10:11 |只看該作者
Really happy to see old boy here. Hi, ping pong!  I graduated in 1986!!!!!!  At that time, Ms Mak was the headmistress. Ms Law was my class teacher and English teacher. Hope we can share more views amd information here!

13#
發表於 12-5-14 10:14 |只看該作者
Sorry, you are Pongpong, I have misspelt yr name!

14#
發表於 12-5-14 13:35 |只看該作者
回復 jimb 的帖子

Hi Jimb, Ping pong, Pong pong or James Bond are all OK. Of course, James Bond is the best, haha.

I graduated in 1988. Yes, Ms Law was the headmistress. Ms. Tang (who was very ) was 訓導主任, taught PE and mathematics. Ms Wong Lai Yung taught english. I have many good memories of this school. Let me tell you about them later.

Cheers

James Bond, haha

15#
發表於 12-5-14 20:04 |只看該作者
回復 pongpong.lau 的帖子

Sorry, the headmistress was Ms Mak (the thin mature woman, haha), not Ms Law.

16#
發表於 12-5-15 09:55 |只看該作者
Actually Ms Law became the headmistress after Ms Mak's retirement. I remember Mr Yuen and also his nickname! You still remember Mr Wong?  Have he taught you before? He was my p4 class teacher, very good teacher. I still remember i took the graduation photo on the "big stone stairs". Me too, have many sweet memories of my mother school.

17#
發表於 12-5-16 10:02 |只看該作者
回復 jimb 的帖子

Yes, we took the graduation photo on the big stone stairs. Do you ever hear some ghost stories about the big stone stairs? Do you remember 單眼阿嬸? Do you ever hear why her eye went blind? I have no impression about Mr. Wong. Perhaps i was never taught by him. When i heard the 鐘, i immediately rushed to the snack shop to buy 多, double size at the same price, haha.

18#
發表於 12-5-17 20:54 |只看該作者
回復 pongpong.lau 的帖子

Hi PongPong,

Thank you for your sharing.  It's true that as parents, we need to learn a lot.  

I cannot remember the name of his secondary school.  He told me that he studied in a school in Lam Tin, not a famous one.

19#
發表於 12-5-28 10:20 |只看該作者
Hi, James Bond! Of course ,i remember "one- eye Aunty", but i have no ideas about her story. The ghost stories of the stone stairs: There was a big fire in Skek Kip Mei and many people died.The dead bodies were in the big stone stairs!!!! I bought the curry fishball, 20 cents for one fishball. Have you heard the ghost story about the music room?   

20#
發表於 12-5-31 16:52 |只看該作者
hihi, 1986 graduate reunion here! :)  my son will be in P1 coming Sep, i am looking forward to see him in my mother school's uniform!  

i love St. Francis, i met my husband here
‹ 上一主題|下一主題