搜索
教育王國 討論區 基督堂幼稚園 基督堂幼稚園 CCKG - Chatroom
樓主: Ricka
go

基督堂幼稚園 CCKG - Chatroom [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 05-1-18 23:17 |只看該作者

Re: 基督堂幼稚園 CCKG - Chatroom

Thanks for all your information & advice.  My daughter had the interview this morning.  Though my girl is not afraid to face foreigners, it took me some time to get her prepared (while waiting downstairs at the main entrance).  My girl couldn't tell me much about the interview; she mentioned some pictures & shapes (circle, square) so I guess it was more or less like those previously mentioned.  Her session was a bit short (2-3 minutes); ain't sure whether she could respond well though she told me she did say Thank You and Goodbye .  Nevertheless, I'm sure she's done the best and I'm proud of her no less.

I agree that the headmistress is nice.  One girl was reluctant to go in and the headmistress told her to go in again after the other two kids.  Much better than the interview in other "famous" kindergartens

Since only one parent is allowed to take his/her kid upstairs & wait in the sofa, I think only one parent will be fine if you/your spouse could not take a leave.  Of course, you may support your kid more if both are there, but the headmistress won't be aware of it anyway

Cheers.

82#
發表於 05-1-19 08:43 |只看該作者

Hi 510,

Thank you for your sharing.  Good luck to your girl, too!

83#
發表於 05-1-19 10:40 |只看該作者

Hi, Is there any Upper class CCKG parent to share about what kids learn in the school. How different with Lower class. Any maths caculation? I remember something about mental. What's that about and is that teach in Upper class?
Thanks  

84#
發表於 05-1-19 10:55 |只看該作者

Ricka,

Is your kid fluent in English?  I think this will be impressive.
Ricka 寫道:
I repeatedly asked me kid to say "Good Morning... Goodbye and Thank you" before he went in the room - cause I saw other children received a candy in their hand.  But my kid didn't do so... and not even a word of Bye.  We are not old boy/girl and my kid is the first one (no brother nor sister).  Anyway, it was admitted. So, don't worry...

Ricka

85#
發表於 05-1-19 11:24 |只看該作者

Deleted...

86#
發表於 05-1-19 16:26 |只看該作者

剛剛由CCKG回來,都幾順利,阿仔冇扭計,前後唔駛十分鐘就可以走得,我見的時段全部都是男仔,可能分男女,一人一日,都有見到D小朋友喊,被安排在等侯室門外Warm Up下,Mrs. Frielding 見左每人真是2-3分鐘,我問阿仔Mrs. Fielding 同佢玩左什麼遊戲,佢話佢問佢個名,俾左D圖畫佢睇,是動物,不過阿仔近期時常自己想既就當真,唔知真定假,完了有粒瑞士糖獎勵!!Good Luck!!!

87#
發表於 05-1-20 00:04 |只看該作者

In Upper class, there will be spelling test 10 words/week (in English), and Mental quiz every week. Also there will be Chinese dictation as Lower class regularly, but in sentences. According to my son, there are a lot of work to do during school hour and sometimes they have only a very short snack time (maybe he is too slow in writing). But anyway he loves to go to school.
wideworld 寫道:
Hi, Is there any Upper class CCKG parent to share about what kids learn in the school. How different with Lower class. Any maths caculation? I remember something about mental. What's that about and is that teach in Upper class?
Thanks  

88#
發表於 05-1-20 09:17 |只看該作者

Good morning Rachethew,
Thanks for your advise.
In fact, my son is also very busy now with different kinds of activities during school hour and thus the snack time is short.
Rachethew, what is mental quiz?
Many thanks

89#
發表於 05-1-20 12:28 |只看該作者

Rachethew,

Can you share with us the English words to be dictated (give some examples) ?  Many thanks,

Ricka

90#
發表於 05-1-20 14:08 |只看該作者

Hi,  

My girl is going to attend the interview next Wed.  But I was bothered by one thing.........

One of my friends told me that some families of the students are really rich - a family driving 2 (two) ferraris and stop in front of the school to pickup the kid!!!  Just to show off.

Is that really the situation?  How's the school culture of CCKG?  Would this super rich phenomenum affect the teachers' attitude, as well as the kids at school?

Anyone heard anything about this?

Pls. comment.  Thanks.

91#
發表於 05-1-20 14:20 |只看該作者

Mel_Wong 寫道:
Hi,  

My girl is going to attend the interview next Wed.  But I was bothered by one thing.........

One of my friends told me that some families of the students are really rich - a family driving 2 (two) ferraris and stop in front of the school to pickup the kid!!!  Just to show off.

Is that really the situation?  How's the school culture of CCKG?  Would this super rich phenomenum affect the teachers' attitude, as well as the kids at school?

Anyone heard anything about this?

Pls. comment.  Thanks.

It is no surprise that some families of CCKG's students are very rich, it is popular that parents applying CCKG are targeting at DGJS or DBSPD, which accept students with "good" family background.  I think if you want to study at CCKG, just do it, you can train your kids with the proper value judgement, isn't it?

92#
發表於 05-1-20 14:32 |只看該作者

Please don't infect by others.  There are many many rich and poor families in HK, even in school.  If you know the kid (rich family driving 2 ferraris) is really studying in CCKG, do you go to interview ???

If there is a rich student in your kid's class, will you let your kid stay in the class or you will transfer to other school ?  Rich kids doen't mean they have advantage and high score.

Don't make the comparison, especially on kids.  

93#
發表於 05-1-20 14:46 |只看該作者

Hi all, so glad to enter this chatroom
wanna to know which primary school the students target for
u know, CCKG is really very famous school, it is a dream school for all parents...
thanks!

94#
發表於 05-1-20 15:12 |只看該作者

basically I know, DBS, DGS...
but how about other students...all directly enter DBS, DGS

95#
發表於 05-1-20 16:15 |只看該作者

It is true that some parents are rich and some are not...  But I don't think this is a major consideration where you place your child. Also, I could see over half of their students using school bus... (not by private cars...)

96#
發表於 05-1-20 16:41 |只看該作者

Ricka,

As you said you are not old boy/girl, may I know which KG did your kid stay for K1?  Thanks.

97#
發表於 05-1-20 17:14 |只看該作者

Byychan,

I wrote it before.  My kid studied YMCA Toddlers World and YMCA International Kindergarten in TST.

Ricka

98#
發表於 05-1-20 22:19 |只看該作者

Mel WONG,

Your friend's case, if true, I think it was just an individual case.  My daughter is a CCKG girl and we are just a normal family.  Some families of course are rich just like any other schools.  But, most of them, if not all, are friendly and warm.  The school just like a big family and the atmosphere in school are excellent.  The school doesn't encourage children to compare with other children.  Instead, what they aim is to note children development and progress as an individual.  Teachers are kind and approachable.  My daughter enjoys going to school very much.  Hope this would be of assistance to you.        

99#
發表於 05-1-21 01:27 |只看該作者

Hi! Ricka and wideworld,

The mental quiz is a math. test every week. the teacher will ask some math. questions orally and ask them to write down the answers in the book. Actually the questions are quite simple with some addition or subtraction, or just ask the child to draw some shape or coins. Regarding the English dictation, there will be 7-10 words per week which are related to the topic that they are learning in that week. For example, the topic for last week was about weather, and the words for dictation are: sunny, cloudy,windy etc., and I think that all the children can manage.

100#
發表於 05-1-21 09:04 |只看該作者

Hi TinaMummy,
Totally agree with you!
To all parents, always THINK POSTITIVE to your kids. Just you know your kids well. Also, this is a chance to teach your kid Rich & Poor. How to develop self-esteem from this topic. Besides, the difference between Rich & Poor is around us every day. It is a realistic topic.
:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題