用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 基督教香港信義會宏信書院 宏信家長可以再分享多些學校現況和感想嗎? ...
查看: 7188|回覆: 27
go

宏信家長可以再分享多些學校現況和感想嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-3-26 00:46 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
各位媽咪,
宏信都run了一段時間了,小朋友都應該settled ,大家有冇update comment?其實我一向buy IB,又不喜歡填鴨教育,呀仔而家在LOCAL PRIVATE SCHOOL 讀小一,我相信他很努力去適應(其實我地一家都努力中),但始終希望為佢選一條快樂,全能的路,所以想考慮為佢出年轉校,又咁啱比我搵到呢間似國際學校的機構(其實我仔以前讀INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL,但點解會變入傳統小學呢又係一個讓人後悔的故事 >.<)

宏信理念是很好的,可是都係一個原因
拉,它是新校,外界得的資料不多,只可靠口
碑,在bk看看大家comments,但是看到的都頗極端,正面的當然開心,似為自己打了強心針,負面的又不得不去思考喎----

1,學校真有關咁多hyper students嗎?Do teachers control the class well now ?
2,教師資力夠嗎?或他們是真心教育工作者?
3,學校有良好溝通渠道和back up 嗎?資源充足嗎?
4,是否理念實踐中?或是講話一套做一套?還是說易行難有心無力?

Really appreciated if you can give me more information regarding to this school. I just don't want to regret AGAIN

thanks thanks

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-3-27 11:10 |只看該作者
Dear all parents,
My daughter will study primary one in this school in the coming summer. Also, I hate with the presence of education system in Hong Kong. Many parents would prefer to choose the way as same as "tiger mummy" , because they believe examinations and competitions as well as outdoor activities are the ways to lead their children becoming elites in this society.
However, it is only partly true and most of those methods are not totally agreed by some foreign academics. Study is a long way to go and it is not so easy to say which way is better or not, it depends your point of view. Anyway, I would like to have more information about this college.

3#
發表於 12-3-27 12:12 |只看該作者
回復 sillybabyq 的帖子

1,學校真有關咁多hyper students嗎?Do teachers control the class well now ?

我的小朋友讀小一, 班中並沒有太hyper的同學, 可能有一兩個較活躍, 但老師(我個仔那班)的經驗很好, 沒有大問題啊
  ! ( 我有做lunch time helper, 會見得較多)  經過第一年的經驗(我也聽說有些學生較hyper), 加上越來越多人報讀, 在可  選擇的情況下, 我相信學生的質素只會越來越高.

2,教師資力夠嗎?或他們是真心教育工作者?

老師極有心愛心, 包容度很大. 而且校方每年在港會以orientation day的形式請人, 又會親身到英國跟老師面試, 我相信老師是有一定的能力.

3,學校有良好溝通渠道和back up 嗎?資源充足嗎?

我自己同homeroom teachers的溝通很好, 學校會出一個電話號碼給各老師, 方便家長聯絡. 至於資料等, 真的不清楚, 但在這階段, 大致上我很滿意.

4,是否理念實踐中?或是講話一套做一套?還是說易行難有心無力?

小一方面, 暫時ok. 理念是否能真的實踐, 相信是一個很大的topic, 在一兩年間, 未必能見到很大的成果. 但我覺得, 學校確是向他們宣稱的方向發展.

老實說, 我一直也在觀察和評估學校, 因小女今年也要報小一了, 如果宏信並非我們想要的, 又或不適合小朋友, 替小兒轉校也是時候了. 為了作一個更客觀的評估,  最近我到了真道聽簡介會, 一個有IBDP課程的學校, 很想知道一間辦了10年而又是直資IB SCHOOL的學校, 究竟是怎樣的, 會否很理想? 值得我們作孟母, 由元朗搬去將軍澳? 聽完簡介會, 我才知真道原來小學卻不是以IB方法教授, 而且外籍老師的人數少得很, 也不是自小以英語教學, 相比之下, 宏信的語境真的很強, 而且教學方法也真的不樣. 真道播放了不少上課的片段, 老實說, 我覺得跟現在一般的小學沒有太大分別. 宏信的小朋友上音樂課, 是真的互動, 入音樂室要脫鞋,  坐在mat 上, 又唱又跳又玩樂器, 而且又學會很多東西 ( 小兒一年班, 老師已教他們什麼是ABA form, 他們又毫無困難地記住, 老師( Mr. Ching的方法很正!). 當然, 在課程上, 真道是很出色的, 但我更想的是, 小朋友能自小以更活, 真正活的方式學習, 以非在掛羊頭賣狗肉的所謂活動中成長. 很慶幸, 小兒入讀了宏信, 所以今年, 我也會替小女報讀了.  

當然, 宏信也不是完美, 而且也不可能是. 新, 是一個很大的原因. 請大家要給宏信一點時間. cky , smc 和真道也是近這3年才出名, 我們也要給宏信一點信心.

以上只是我個人的觀點, 我也曾在選校一事上考慮了很久, 所以很樂意跟大家分享, 如有興趣討論, 歡迎pm我.

4#
發表於 12-3-27 13:46 |只看該作者
Kamtsk,

Thanks for your valuable sharing.I will do more research on it.

5#
發表於 12-3-27 23:44 |只看該作者
Hi all,
Thanks Kamtsk for your valuable summary. I think it is very true and fair. I would like to add some info of this topic.
Ok, first of all, I need to say every time I post something here, people start thinking (accusing) I am a staff or even a teacher in LA. I am NOT, I am just a parent who really support and believe in LA.

My kid is in year 1, and from what i see, the standard of year 1 students is quite high. Yes, I believe there are "hyber students" in LA, but mainly in year 3.

The attitude and quality of the teachers in LA is something the school can be very proud of (ok, once again I am not a staff/teacher in LA). The ratio of international teachers to local teachers is very close to which of an international school. I am not saying that equals "good", I am saying the kids in LA have plenty of chance to communicate with people from other parts of the world and practice their foreign language. Moreover, the international teachers are very motivated and involved in the teaching matters (Unlike some other DSS, where you know those oversea teachers would leave after a year or 2).

3 and 4.
LA is progressing in these areas. Afterall it is just a new school, but over the 6 months in this school I can see the improvement already. The most important is I see the staff are working hard to improve the school.

My kid is very happy to go to school every morning.
My kid is very happy to talk about the school after school.
My kid is not afraid of using English/mandarin to communicate, although there are some mistakes in grammar/pronunciation.
My kid enjoys reading.
My kid enjoys learning.

I know we picked the correct school..

6#
發表於 12-3-28 12:33 |只看該作者
Thank you very much for your comments on it. I truely believe kids should have a learning enivorment like this. I sent the application form and now the only problem is ...........will they accept my son??
I called up yesterday and the lady replied say only if there are students withdraw to have chance accept new student in P2 next year.

7#
發表於 12-3-28 14:43 |只看該作者

回覆:sillybabyq 的帖子

sillybabyq, as I know, one of my son's classmate may move back to USA after this semester.  So, keep your eyes on it and update with school in June. Good luck!

8#
發表於 12-3-28 21:13 |只看該作者
wow,very good news~~唔知有冇機會同校長傾吓我的情況呢,
?

9#
發表於 12-3-29 08:12 |只看該作者

回覆:sillybabyq 的帖子

sillybabyq, there are some more applicants of year 2 ( I asked for my friend before). Therefore, please send the application form to school first, and then wait for the interview:) good luck!

10#
發表於 12-3-29 23:47 |只看該作者
小女正在宏信讀一年級,我們一家大小都非常喜歡這學校,希望你們成功,加油!

11#
發表於 12-3-30 18:44 |只看該作者
Waiting waiting waiting~~~ I hate waiting

12#
發表於 12-4-10 12:59 |只看該作者
KAMTSK, Thanks for sharing.  I saw from other  posts that there are some pros and cons on studying at IB sch, and there are some bad comments on LA too.  

My son is still in kidergarten, I am thinking whether he should study at local traditional sch or LA...
Hello everybody~~!

13#
發表於 12-4-18 07:07 |只看該作者

回覆:VB04 的帖子

VB04,完全明白。去聽多啲不同學校的簡介會,睇下討論區,問下現任家長,兩公婆又傾下討論下分析下,選一問適合小朋友又符合家長期望的。這是一個不錯的經驗,加油!

14#
發表於 12-4-20 19:51 |只看該作者

引用:VB04,完全明白。去聽多啲不同學校的簡介會

原帖由 kamtsk 於 12-04-18 發表
VB04,完全明白。去聽多啲不同學校的簡介會,睇下討論區,問下現任家長,兩公婆又傾下討論下分析下,選一問 ...
幼稚園的家長唔好用一個角度「比唔比個仔試吓考LA」。
現在是學校選學生,選中了,你才有權去諗讀唔讀。
今年派表1200份,面試學生近1000人,只收90個。
你報,就會機會。唔報,就一定冇機會。
當然,before sending application, please make very sure that LA is your cup of tea and you hold the same education believe with LA.

15#
發表於 12-4-22 02:51 |只看該作者
請教各位宏信家長:
宏信作為直資,如何應付教育局「至少七成學生考新高中」這個要求?是否要學生既考新高中,也要考IB呢?如何可以應付兩個不同的考試呢?

16#
發表於 12-4-22 15:53 |只看該作者

引用:請教各位宏信家長:宏信作為直資,如何應付

原帖由 mscmit 於 12-04-22 發表
請教各位宏信家長:
宏信作為直資,如何應付教育局「至少七成學生考新高中」這個要求?是否要學生既考新高 ...
Y9會按學生性格同能力分開個stream

17#
發表於 12-4-22 20:38 |只看該作者
回復 小豆媽 的帖子

分stream,是否意味修IB學生已不屬直資?要付高昂學費?

18#
發表於 12-4-22 21:50 |只看該作者

引用:回復+小豆媽+的帖子 分stream,是否意味修

原帖由 mscmit 於 12-04-22 發表
回復 小豆媽 的帖子

分stream,是否意味修IB學生已不屬直資?要付高昂學費? ...
IB同334一定係唔同學費啦。