用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Boy, 10, arrested over kick to head in soccer match ...
發新帖
查看: 4522|回覆: 19
go

Boy, 10, arrested over kick to head in soccer match - SCMP [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-3-18 22:47 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Boy, 10, arrested over kick to head in soccer match
Juvenile bailed on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm after incident involving rival player, 12
Dennis Chong
Mar 18, 2012     

Police have arrested a 10-year-old boy who allegedly kicked a 12-year-old in the head last weekend during a soccer match, a police spokeswoman confirmed yesterday.

In a rare case of police taking action against a juvenile, the boy was arrested on Friday on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, the spokeswoman said.

He was released on bail for an unspecified sum, but will have to report back to police next month.

The spokeswoman added that the name of the suspect needed to be withheld due to the sensitivity of the matter and the boy's age.

According to a source, police consulted the Department of Justice on how to proceed with the case due to the age of the suspect.

The developments came after the injury to a Kitchee-Escola player sparked a huge controversy.

He was kicked in the head in an under-12 Hong Kong Development League match against the English Schools Foundation Lions at King George V School.

The incident, which had parents and coaches up in arms, was filmed by a spectator who uploaded the footage on the internet.

The video went viral before being pulled from public view after the ESF warned of legal consequences.

But various other versions were still available on YouTube yesterday and had attracted about 200,000 views.

The police spokeswoman said yesterday the case was being investigated by Kowloon City district crime headquarters.

Meanwhile, the league decided at an internal meeting on Tuesday to ban an ESF player allegedly involved in the incident from playing for the rest of the season.

League officials also warned Kitchee it had failed to control its team's parents and would face expulsion for "future misconduct", according to an e-mail sent by the league to Kitchee representatives.

The league's warning triggered uproar at the club and among the Kitchee parents.

Kitchee-Escola operational director Stephen Lam Tak-sing said the club had demanded the league organisers revise the ruling against Kitchee and the parents.

"We know that parents should not enter the pitch, but when you see the situation, any dad would do that," Lam said. "It's just like when you see a child badly injured in a traffic incident. Anyone would run onto the road. Why, then, do you say the parents did something wrong?"

But as of yesterday, Lam said, there had been no response.

Dave Stewart, the soccer school's football programme development manager, said officials would look at the situation tomorrow.

Lam said the parents of the Kitchee U12 Team and the Kitchee-Escola Parents' Association had written to the league organiser, Chelsea FC Soccer School (Hong Kong), demanding the decision be reversed.

Philip Poon Hung-wai, the father of the injured boy, said he was disappointed by the league's decision over Kitchee. He said parents might be hesitant to allow their children to play in the competition in the future.

The league officials also decided during Tuesday's meeting that the referees failed to control the second half of the match and a warning was issued to the ESF coach for going onto the pitch, according to the e-mail sent to Kitchee.

[email protected]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-3-18 23:53 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 12-3-19 00:01 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-3-19 16:56 編輯
alpham0m 發表於 12-3-18 22:47
Boy, 10, arrested over kick to head in soccer match
Juvenile bailed on suspicion of assault causing  ...

Police superintendent's caution
http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/13_faqs/faq_cri.html
I hope that the ESF boy and all kids as well have learned a lesson.

If I were a Kitchee parent, I would not accept the League's reprimand for coming onto the pitch after seeing the injury suffered by the Kitchee boy.   Kitchee should withdraw from the League in protest if the ruling is not revised.  

I thought that the League concluded in its earlier finding that "兩隊均沒有遵守和尊重比賽規則和指引,欠缺體育精神。"  But nothing is mentioned about this again here.  Strange?

The League decided that the referees failed to control the second half of the match.  Are the referees qualified?  If they really failed to control the match, is it because (or partly because) they had no power to give yellow and card cards?  What are the referees expected to do in a match like this?  To suspend the match immediately after seeing any foul?  To beg the players to play gentler or to beg the coaches to act?  Shouldn't the rules of the League be revised instead?

A warning was issued to the ESF coach for going onto the pitch, but no warning was issued for his failure or refusal to control his players.  I guess it means that in the eyes of the League, the ESF coach did not do anything wrong (other than going onto the pitch).  It's quite unbelievable.

Let's imagine that your kid is playing in a U12 match in the League in the future.  Everybody knows that the referee has no power to issue yellow or red cards, but he is nevertheless expected to control the match (and I don't know how).  The coaches have no duty or responsibility to control his players even if they see their 2 teams are kicking and killing each other (and not the football).  You as a parent can't go onto the pitch even if your kid gets a kick in the head.  The only action you could take is to report the case to the police afterwards.  Isn't this absurd?

4#
發表於 12-3-19 00:12 |只看該作者
To me, arrestment of a 10-year-old can never be good news. I am sadden it has to come to this. In fact, the one who was kicked suffers a great deal of pain emotionally and physically, but the one who was arrested would also suffer emotionally for a very long period of time. Sin and guilt will leave a deep emotional scar if he does not receive proper guidance from people around him.

5#
發表於 12-3-19 00:13 |只看該作者

回覆:Boy, 10, arrested over kick to head in soccer match - SCMP

6#
發表於 12-3-19 07:49 |只看該作者

回覆:alpham0m 的帖子

Agreed.

7#
發表於 12-3-19 09:38 |只看該作者
alpham0m 發表於 12-3-19 00:12
To me, arrestment of a 10-year-old can never be good news. I am sadden it has to come to this. In fa ...
'the one who was arrested would also suffer emotionally for a very long period of time. Sin and guilt will leave a deep emotional scar. " 可能係,又可能是我們一廂情願的想法,踢得咁狠或多或少反映了這孩子的心態在某些方面已不再'孩子'
傷人是刑事罪行,法庭對少年罪犯的判決另有指引.如果今日不好好教訓他,只于同情和包庇,這個孩子將來會成為一個怎樣的人?若他不須負上法律責任,對受害者是否公道?是否告訴其他人/小孩子傷人亦可不了了之,沒什後果?
還記得那宗十來歲的'小男該'在東區醫院強姦5歲女童嗎?因為男童年紀,法庭要輕判,公眾已覺不值,冇人会覺得該男童或会有內疚而輕判.

點評

linseymom  agree!  發表於 12-3-21 10:52
manstap  Agree and support  發表於 12-3-19 13:51

8#
發表於 12-3-19 09:44 |只看該作者
jenamy94 發表於 12-3-19 09:38
'the one who was arrested would also suffer emotionally for a very long period of time. Sin and guilt ...
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he should "escape" his punishment or any consequence. I am just sad it has to come to this. Kids and adults alike all make mistakes. This 10-year-old in particular is learning it the hard way. I just hope both boys receive enough support and the one who kicked won't go down the wrong path because of this incident.

點評

annie40  Yes, everyone is deserved a chance for correction, especially a kid 10 years old.  發表於 12-3-19 17:16

9#
發表於 12-3-19 10:45 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 12-3-19 11:35 |只看該作者
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

"The League decided that the referees failed to control the second half of the match.  Are the referees qualified?  If they really failed to control the match, is it because (or partly because) they had no power to give yellow and card cards?  What are the referees expected to do in a match like this?  To suspend the match immediately after seeing any foul?  To beg the players to play gentler or to beg the coaches to act?  Shouldn't the rules of the League be revised instead?"

The referee should have absolute and supreme power to control the match. It is strange to me that this is the regulation of this league! Any reason behind?

11#
發表於 12-3-19 12:48 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 cowmoon 於 12-3-19 12:50 編輯

Really sad to hear that news. 點解事情一定要發展成為這樣呢?ESF 根本不是在保護那一位10歲小孩,ESF 只在意學校的聲譽,自己和員工(ESF Coach)的飯碗,結果弄至那一個10歲小孩自己去承擔所有的法律後果。還有那一個 HK Development League,不持平,只懂“走位”,“避重就輕”。
可恥!

點評

Christi  'ESF 根本不是在保護那一位10歲小孩,ESF 只在意學校的聲譽'>>can't agree more !  發表於 12-3-19 16:11

12#
發表於 12-3-19 12:57 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-3-19 17:54 編輯
friendlyguy 發表於 12-3-19 11:35
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

"The League decided that the referees failed to control the second half of  ...

傑志的伍健 said in his facebook that "......之前也跟大家分享過什麼是Development League,這是一個強調輕鬆,不計較賽果的比賽,讓球員在愉快的環境下享受足球比賽的樂趣。又由於比賽不重視勝負,所以亦不設紅黃牌的制度。如果發現球員打茅波,就由教練作出調節。..."   

So there is no league table saying how many points each team gets and there is no yellow or red card issued by the referee.  

13#
發表於 12-3-19 17:29 |只看該作者
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

A warning was issued to the ESF coach for going onto the pitch, but no warning was issued for his failure or refusal to control his players.  I guess it means that in the eyes of the League, the ESF coach did not do anything wrong (other than going onto the pitch).  It's quite unbelievable.
事件的处理手法太离奇, 难度要千人上街大游行. 拒交学费? 才能请位肥教练离职, 顺手换埋个CEO(both league and ESF).

14#
發表於 12-3-19 18:57 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-3-19 18:58 編輯

英基球員 涉踢波傷人被捕
【本報訊】英基學校協會足球隊員被指踢傷傑志球員事件有新進展,一名十歲外籍英基球員因涉嫌襲擊致造成身體傷害罪於上周五被警方拘捕,他獲准保釋,下月中返署報到。
被踢傷的傑志小球員Titus的父親潘先生表示,接獲警方通知本周赴警署認人,至於傑志總領隊伍健則指事件進入調查程序,不便評論事件。

潘先生表示,對方家長曾透過英基及傑志轉達希望道歉的訊息,他多謝該名家長認清事件,但由於已進入警方調查程序,暫不便就此詳細回應。

傑志家長怒斥對方教練
至於被問及會否原諒對方,他指與兒子經過討論之後,認為可原諒該名小球員,但不會原諒對方教練,認為歸根究柢對方球隊「踢成咁」教練應該負上責任,但該名教練至今仍然沒有作出任何表示,令他不滿。

根據資料,法律規定十歲或以上人士須為自己行為負上刑事責任,但十六歲以下兒童若被控告刑事罪行,案件會在兒童法庭進行,法官通常會以教導的形式勸喻涉罪兒童,普通案件會轉介社工感化,嚴重者則會判入兒童院,但不會判處監禁。

15#
發表於 12-3-19 19:00 |只看該作者
狂踢倒地敵將頭 英基生被捕
【本報訊】網上流傳英基學校與傑志 12歲以下足球隊對賽期間,英基一名球員踢向已倒地的傑志球員頭部片段, 12歲姓潘的傑志球員受傷,潘父其後報警,警方於上周五以涉嫌襲擊致造成實際身體傷害罪,拘捕一名 10歲男童。潘父昨日指事件是英基教練求勝心切所致,認為教練及涉案男童都需負責任。
事發於本月 10日,潘父昨接受本報查詢時表示,其兒經醫生診斷,證實右邊下顎被踢傷,導致口腔嚴重受傷及有牙齒「鬆咗」,一度不想再踢足球,「不過家已經無事,同我講已經 ready好繼續比賽,只係食嘢仲有啲痛」。他和兒子於上周五到九龍城警署錄口供,他引述警方表示會拘捕涉案外籍男童,並安排潘童於周初到警署認人。

年僅 10歲 保釋候查
潘父坦言報警非想為兒子報仇,「佢(涉案男童)至今無道歉,我只係想佢知道自己做錯咗,要為佢所犯嘅罪承擔責任」。並透露涉案男童家長得悉他報警後,曾嘗試聯絡他致歉,但其律師以警方已展開調查為由拒絕。
最令潘父不滿的是英基教練,他批評事件是教練求勝心切所致,「呢場只係一場友賽,但對方唔係咁睇,小朋友落場係聽教練說話,我覺得教練要負好大責任」。
警方表示,被捕的 10歲男童獲准保釋候查,將於四月中返署報到,案件由九龍城警區刑事部跟進調查。英基發言人表示,事件已交警方處理,不作評論。對有批評指球隊教練求勝心切,英基會就作內部檢討。
執業大律師陸偉雄表示,涉案外籍男童是否需負刑責,除考慮踢人短片外,尚要考慮客觀環境及男童辯解,「例如當時佢係收唔切腳鏟埋去,並非有心咁做」。

16#
發表於 12-3-19 19:52 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-3-19 20:25 編輯

"...但該名教練至今仍然沒有作出任何表示..."
"...對有批評指球隊教練求勝心切,英基會就作內部檢討...."

檢討甚麽?  有甚麽比這 case 更清楚更明顯?
I can't really figure out why 英基 handles the case this way.  Could it be that they can't admit the coach made a mistake because it could then lead to civil proceedings taken against the coach and  英基?  Insurance then wouldn't cover?  Or that 英基 doesn't want to open a can of worms by disclosing to the parents and the public how the players were coached to play the match in the first place?  

對英基處理 this case 的手法正由失望步向絕望!

17#
發表於 12-3-24 17:02 |只看該作者
回復 kenfu 的帖子

"ESF, in this case,  let us know it cannot perform well in education. In worse, ESF set up a very very bad example under problem solving, they only want to protect their school's name. " --- can't agree anymore.

18#
發表於 12-3-24 18:17 |只看該作者

引用:回復+kenfu+的帖子 "ESF,+in+this+case,++

19#
發表於 12-3-25 00:28 |只看該作者
回復 madscientist 的帖子

我同意你的看法。我的觀點是,「一竿子打翻一船人」的思維在社會上實在太過盛行。

一個大陸的小朋友在車廂裡吃點心麵,卻演變成「只要是大陸人都沒有公德心」,還後續引發「只要是香港人都是狗」的激烈言論。同樣的,一個小朋友於球場上的嚴重偏差行為,便可以被無限上綱成為「英基仔都是沒品的生番」,「教練和管理層都是無能的敗類」。這就是所謂的輿論,所謂的人言可畏,一沉百踩不也就是人性的寫照?

這一場公關災難,我相信會被時間沖淡。樂觀的想,只要所有人都能記取教訓,兩位小朋友都能得到應有的支持,能夠重返正軌,這一整個「大災難」又未嘗不是一件好事。

為人父母,我希望藉此教自己的小朋友不應只盲從輿論,而是有自己的判斷力,去分辨是非黑白,因為有時候人云亦云不一定就代表真理和正義。

另,本人並非英基看門狗,純粹只是一名有感而發的家長。

醒目開學勳章

20#
發表於 12-3-25 01:03 |只看該作者

回覆:Boy, 10, arrested over kick to head in soccer match - SCMP

I found it hard to draw a conclusion that all esf kids are rude. I remembered there was a news about a 皇仁學生偷嘢,does that mean all kids from 皇仁 are thieves?

點評

alpham0m  Spot on! As a parent, I won't teach my kid to draw that kind of conclusion as I don't believe all kids from that school are thieves.  發表於 12-3-25 01:08
‹ 上一主題|下一主題