1#
發表於 12-3-12 23:08 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
各位媽媽,呢排睇咗好多post都有媽媽為子女煩緊究竟應唔應該繼續留低讀K1或玫記收了讀唔讀好。大部分家長都認為玫記有很多優點,例如:
1. 老師好及和家長有緊密聯系
2. 學校環境大活動空間多
3. 課程深,兩文三語及冡特梳利教學,照顧小朋友學習不同語文
4. 能裝備小孩考直資及私考
5. 小朋友每天開心上學

本應以上幾點已很吸引入讀,但為什麼小學給人的感覺會是那麼差? 我真係諗唔通為什麼同一學校幼稚園和小學的分別會是那麼大?還是以鵝轉鵝呢?有沒有一點實質的例子呢?

幸運地小兒給取錄K1, 如冇意外都會入讀。但每次見到批評玫記小學及幼稚園說大不如前時往往有點點不是味兒。究竟我應該繼續選擇玫記還是轉呔寶血呢?真心希望有經驗媽媽能給予一點正面的評價。謝謝!

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-3-13 10:13 |只看該作者
叮噹媽媽,那視乎妳想要一間什麼的學校。一間學校那麼大,是否每個老師都一樣的如EK家長說,真的很難說。但如果妳能給學校或老師知道妳的對小朋友的關注,老師一定都會多加留意。若要選擇一條龍校,玫記未必真的是妳的首選。幼稚園、小學、及中學部都是獨立個體,所以架構方面有不同都不出期。若妳不介意小一再找學校,玫記其實是不錯的選擇。但亦要有一心理準備,做家長的不能懶惰,小朋友k1一星期已經有三份功課要交,還有要温習(我自己因要返工,唔夠時間同佢温習,也驚小朋友追不上。)。但幸運地,小朋友仍然喜歡上學。要清楚小朋友的性格為佢哋選擇適合佢哋既學校。若果小朋友是多咀、活躍、愛創作思考型,傳統學校可能會打壓小朋友的本性。當然,若果家長想佢要完全守規矩則另計。

點評

叮噹媽媽  yfchoy, thank you for your comment !  發表於 12-3-14 11:58

3#
發表於 12-3-13 11:02 |只看該作者
yfchoy

thank you for your sharing.  My kid is accepted by Rosaryhill K2.  He is now in K1 in another school.  As you said, there are 3 homeworks per week.  Is it writing, spelling or just drawing?  As my kid has no homework, I am worried if he cannot catch up.  
I am still struggling whether to change to Rosaryhill or not as Rosaryhill Primary is definitely not my choice.  But I know that there is regular mandarin class which is good as my kid doesn't know it at all.  
The other thing is when I look at the primary allocation, none of them go to st paul's co-ed and DBS which makes me worry about the teaching approach and reputation of the school.
Any advice?
我並不需要看到你現在跑得有多快,只寄望看到你日後跑得有多遠

4#
發表於 12-3-13 11:24 |只看該作者
Patpatmom, I got few questions to ask.  Why you want to change the school at K2? What is/are the reason(s) for choosing RHS?  I can tell you RHS syllabus is not easy.  However, RHS students get used to do homework pattern like this when they were K1 (or even PN class), they don't think that's much (only the parents think so).  Now my girl's homework, 2 days for drawing according to the dot sign (Not only painting and draw pictures).  During the weekend, normally have 2-3 homework, English sentence matching, chinese words matching, etc. sometimes need to do artworks together with parent.  Will learn alphabetic,  sentence.  Have many words to learn.  During K2, they will write chinese sentence (less than 10 words).

So if you think your kid's current KG syllabus is easy and not much homework, then both your kid and you need to adapt RHS learning pattern.  Most of RHS KG students will go other primary school.  As I said before, if you are searching for one dragon school (with famous primary school), don't pick RHS.  Even you study RHS primary school, you will not want to stay the secondary school.  So need to think about problem you are going to face deeply.  But for my nephew's experience, he is much more better after going to RHS. For my girl, I can see her advancement as well.

5#
發表於 12-3-13 11:35 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 melonfans 於 12-3-13 11:36 編輯

玫記小學英文底好就一定, 不過勁多功課做!  以前都有小學舊生, 升中讀到F.2,3就外國升學, 都有劍橋, 哈彿生或其他名校都有!    咁小學個底打得好, 去外國升學吾洗咁辛苦!

同埋, 個灣仔校網升中真係超正!  多傳統名校!

點評

yfchoy  玫記小學着重是底子,個人認為較貼近外國教學。但香港教育制度不是。所以請各有意選擇玫記的家長考慮這點!  發表於 12-3-13 11:40

6#
發表於 12-3-13 11:37 |只看該作者
He is in Lingnan and the school will be moving in Sept.  As the new campus is quite far from our home and I have concerned on the travelling time, we planned to switch for K2.  He has a few offers but we pay deposit for Rosaryhill because:
1. more academic vs. other schools
2. they have mandarin class

My kid can recognise all alphabets and can do spelling for simple words (e.g. cat, dog, car etc) and he is good in spoken English.  So, I have no worries on this.  But for spelling and writing, he probably can't do it and he only draws lines in school now.  We have been training him on this at home, but I believe compared to Rosaryhill kids, i think he is behind.  That's why I am thinking to move or not.

We target DSS for primary and after seeing the primary allocation for RHS kids, I have hesitation.  

點評

yfchoy  As you have few offers, you can compare which one is the best for your kid.  發表於 12-3-13 11:43

7#
發表於 12-3-13 11:44 |只看該作者
今日見到玫瑰崗校車上貼左張POSTER話今個星期日係學校open day﹐我諗你可以去參觀下﹐可能會有得著。

8#
發表於 12-3-13 11:52 |只看該作者
yfchoy 發表於 12-3-13 10:13
叮噹媽媽,那視乎妳想要一間什麼的學校。一間學校那麼大,是否每個老師都一樣的如EK家長說,真的很難說。但 ...

咁RHS絶對吾係外國嘅活動教學, 都係港式教育死做爛做, 勁多功課嗰隻!  不過好多家長就勁LIKE!

點評

yfchoy  絶對認同唔喺外國既活動教學,不過沒有傳統名校咁嚴厲。  發表於 12-3-13 11:57

9#
發表於 12-3-13 11:58 |只看該作者
i know RHS is quite pushy on academic and they have dictation in K3.  This is what I like and therefore I apply for K2.  But now I am wondering if those DSS doesn't like this type of kids as they are relatively less out-spoken

10#
發表於 12-3-13 12:03 |只看該作者
Whether the kid is out-spoken or not still need to see the kid's character.  They still have other activities for the students to do.

11#
發表於 12-3-13 14:13 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

12#
發表於 12-3-13 14:16 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 carrieyip_mama 於 12-3-13 14:18 編輯

回復 叮噹媽媽 的帖子

Hi, I am going to let my daughter to go to Rosaryhill for K1 in the coming acamedic year, we got PB offer as well, but we think the syllabus and teaching style is good, specially they stress on languages and have 蒙特梳利,not much kindergarten provides this!! Also, the school environment is very attractive too!

13#
發表於 12-3-13 14:42 |只看該作者
回復 叮噹媽媽 的帖子

Hi,

If Precious Blood Primary your cup of tea?  If you enroll the kinder, even you are unable to allocate to the primary school, they will still accept you during the "lock the door" stage as long as you are from PBK.

My elder son graduated from Precious Blood and I would like it is a good kinder.  The teacher is very caring....good environment and kids love to go to school.  
However, I did not enroll Precious Blood for my son due to the following reason :
- the acadamic level is not high.  My son is the top pupils in class that got the outstanding performance award 3 years in a row.  He has succeed in entering a quite famous DSS school in Kowloon.  However, I notice that his acadamic level was relatively "poor" if compare with his classmates.
- Precious Blood primary is not my cup of tea.

That's why I did not let my son to go for Precious Blood kinder.....just my opinion.

點評

叮噹媽媽  Hi Mamay, thank you for your comments.  Appreciate !  發表於 12-3-14 12:05

14#
發表於 12-3-13 15:19 |只看該作者
some people said if the syllabus in kindergarten is too easy, kids would find it difficult to catch up when they promote to primary school and that's why I am thinking about Rosaryhill.  Anyone has comment on RHS kids if they are outgoing, out-spoken and creative as school may not put more emphasis on these area, rather they focus on academic.  
BTW, is RHS K3 a pm school?  

15#
發表於 12-3-13 16:21 |只看該作者

回覆:Patpatmom 的帖子

本帖最後由 feiji 於 13-5-8 20:15 編輯

Patpatmom,

Let me try to answer your questions.

The current principal has been working here for more than 10 years. Many parents choose this schools because it's syllabus is practical and well-balanced.  Many of them target the schools in Wan Chai through the lucky draw.  

點評

叮噹媽媽  Feiji, thank you very much for your comments, appreciate !  How old is your son?  發表於 12-3-14 12:09

16#
發表於 12-3-13 16:22 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

17#
發表於 12-3-13 16:25 |只看該作者

回覆:yfchoy 的帖子

本帖最後由 feiji 於 12-11-24 02:06 編輯

One more thing, about the homework, I find the workload is just similar to schools like SMM and other catholic kindergartens.  

點評

yfchoy  我諗最唔習慣喺家長,因為要跟功課和進度。  發表於 12-3-13 16:35

18#
發表於 12-3-13 16:50 |只看該作者
feiji

thanks a lot for your very detailed explanation.  As my boy doesn't have homework and he can only write A-E now, I am afraid he can't cope with the homeworks in RHS when he switches there for K2.  Need to consider seriously if we should switch him to RHS.

Is K3 a pm school?

點評

cmycat  yjchoy, k3 only has pm class? I don't know this arrangement!!  發表於 12-3-13 17:31
yfchoy  PM and whole day, but whole day only have one class.  發表於 12-3-13 17:01

19#
發表於 12-3-13 17:25 |只看該作者
叮噹媽媽,
雖然我是新手媽媽, 只是來年可能會選讀PN班, 但我既感覺完全同你一樣.  始終係EK既資料不多, 去一去今個星期日既open day 可能會了解多一些小學既野, 心中存在既疑惑可能會有解答, ,親自了解同感受係最重要的, 因為每個人既尺都唔同. RHS 每五年先有open day, 我好慶幸係我囡入讀之前可以去了解多一些.  

點評

叮噹媽媽  Hi cmycat, yes, really agreed with you as different people have different opinion, it's truth that we best to use our eyes to figure it out !!!  Thanks. !  發表於 12-3-14 12:11

20#
發表於 12-3-13 17:32 |只看該作者
My little boy is going to attend the PN in Sep.  Even no friends studying there before, but I am impressed to the facilities and course arrangement.  Except too far far away, I am happy on this school!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題