搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際英文幼稚園 ENG/PTH VS ENG/CHI
發新帖
查看: 2068|回覆: 11
go

ENG/PTH VS ENG/CHI [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-2-22 10:46 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
當初替小女揀eng/chi 係因為驚interview時, 用pth問小女, 小女唔識, 而家入左eng/chi了, 其實好想入eng/pth, 想請問大家, 成日讚SC language 好強, 係因為eng/pth班, 定係eng/chi 班呢?

我知道佢地K1會有雙班主任, 但去到k2已經得番1個, 所以想問下用家, 點解SC既language咁強, 我o係屋企書店度見到個小朋友, 都已經可以用英文同我溝通, 不過唔知係唔係eng/pth, 定eng/chi class, 所以想上來請教一下, 謝謝!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-2-22 10:54 |只看該作者
English lessons and contents are the same for eng/Can and eng/PTH class.

Only different is the language used by the class teacher, Eng/PTH, the class teacher - PTH speaking.

3#
發表於 12-2-23 23:26 |只看該作者
FYI, if your kis study in PE class, he/she no need to learn additional PTH course as the PTH native teacher is already the class teacher.

From my observation, changing from CE to PE is rare but not impossible.  My girl (in PE class) has a classmate change from CE to PE this year.  But it is the only case that I heard of in her 3 yrs at SC.

4#
發表於 12-2-24 11:45 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot, Joeyxlma for your information. I think it's really not easy for my kid to be transferred to PE class in K2 as I bet I won't be the only one.

One more question, is it true that starting from K2, there will be only 1 class teacher instead of 2 like that in K1? I wonder why kids can still learn so much English even the class is not led by two teachers in K2.

5#
發表於 12-2-24 14:17 |只看該作者
Yes, only K1 has 2 class teachers.

English listening and conversion:
But I find the English teacher still have quite a lot of time with the kids, you can refer to the timetable of your kid and roughly can find out how long the English teacher is with them (pls note that from K2, they "music" lesson is doing by groups, so for the group that not going to the music room, they will stay and do English reading with the English teacher).  Don't forget the welcome time and good-bye time also.  For actuate details you can always call-up the teachers, I find teachers in SC are always willing to answer your querries.

Others: SC has a good cirriculum and so good training in English.

Hope it can help.

6#
發表於 12-3-6 15:56 |只看該作者

回覆:ENG/PTH VS ENG/CHI

請問e/c班一星期有多少堂䇦文,多少堂普通話

7#
發表於 12-3-14 02:05 |只看該作者
can any mummy help telling me is their English really strong that I have no need to join any Eng couse? I plan to join Cambridge Engish Test and Trinity, and I have gone to APC Pathways (next to SC) and they said they will let kids study from k1 to K3 but not aim at the test (i.e for special training fot the test, I need to find other school to train him up).

Any mummy can give me some advice if I should join and any Eng course and is ABC Pathways good? Thank you so much

8#
發表於 12-3-14 22:19 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 SCKnight 於 12-3-14 22:19 編輯

Personally I don't think your kid will benefits a lot from Cambridge English Class, as most of the curriculum are drilling on spelling and listening for examination.  If you have time and your kids like to learn, you can train him/her up by yourself.  

The Cambridge English Test applicant won't able to take the test until 5 years old.  There is no point to let your kid to attend the Cambridge English class in K1.  Except you / your kid have a lot of time and resources or the School curriculum able to develop other lingustic skills, I suggest you better spend your money in somewhere else, like drama, playgroup etc.

9#
發表於 12-3-16 12:21 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 applered525 於 12-3-16 12:22 編輯

Hi SCKnight,

Would you mind to share more how does drama help to develop lingustic skills or other benefit to the kids?

Does your kid attend the drama in SC or outside?  Thanks!!!   

10#
發表於 12-3-20 13:38 |只看該作者
there is only one teacher in K2, that teacher will be Cantonese speaking or PTH speaking teacher. Am I right?

11#
發表於 12-3-21 00:22 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 SCKnight 於 12-3-21 00:27 編輯

回復 applered525 的帖子

Hi Applered525

My kid didn't take any drama course, as the one I like is too far away from our home.  

I won't comment to the workshop in SC, as my kid was also unable to enrol the Faust workshop in SC.  But my friend has highly recommended the Youth Programme Faust held in Sheung Wan. It has speciliased programme for different age, and mix with both local and foreign students.  Young kids will have activities like puppet show and mask making, plus simple stage play.  If kids like performing, they will enjoy the programme and able to build up their confidence.

You can go to their Sheung Wan office and have a look.

點評

applered525  Thanks for your tips again!!!      發表於 12-3-21 10:20

12#
發表於 12-3-21 09:44 |只看該作者
Sheung Wan? too far away from our homw too...
Any other choice at Kowloon side? As we are looking for drama course to our son too, he is too shy and sticky now!

點評

applered525  Appreciate if you could share the address of Kowloon side center.  Thanks!  發表於 12-3-21 10:21
‹ 上一主題|下一主題