用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Boxhill MOS & ESF WKS 讀邊間好?
查看: 11475|回覆: 56
go

Boxhill MOS & ESF WKS 讀邊間好?

發表於 12-2-19 01:51 |顯示全部帖子
我女兒今年8月將會讀K1,是細女很怕陌生人,我的target 是將來考RC。想請問吓Boxhill 的家長:你們子女番学開心嗎?你們對學校的評價如何,考入RC的机会大嗎?亦想請問吓ESF WKS 的家長,老師有愛心嗎?我女兒很怕醜,這裏適合她嗎?對於考RC,有無guarantee?

發表於 12-2-21 11:28 |顯示全部帖子
I want to know too.  Any guarantee to RC?

My son is now in Boxhill MOS pre-nursery.  Personally I think it is a good school, everything systematic, teachers are nice and good.  My son enjoys Boxhill MOS very much.

My first priority is also RC. Since I heard it is not 100% gurantee to be admitted to RC, I am still thinking if I should let my son continue K1 in Boxhill MOS. My son also got admission to K1 the coming Sept at Creative Primary School's KG which is 100% guarantee to Creative Primary School (an IB school also). But my first priority is still RC. What should I choose? Boxhill MOS or CPSKG. Any advice please? Many thanks.

發表於 12-2-21 12:04 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Boxhill MOS & ESF WKS 讀邊間好?

我都煩緊同一個問題。

發表於 12-2-22 22:02 |顯示全部帖子
Happy2009 發表於 12-2-21 11:28
I want to know too.  Any guarantee to RC?

My son is now in Boxhill MOS pre-nursery.  Personally I t ...

I have heard Creative Primary School's KG which was also a good choice as both English & Chinese as well as the teacher were good.  This is a good choice as it has 100% guarantee to its primary school.  

發表於 12-2-24 21:24 |顯示全部帖子
i also considered creative kinder before because of guaranteed primary. but  i recall their primary is a chi n not ib. only secondary (eng) is ib. a bit concern on the primary school eng standard. pls check it out if this is still the case now.

發表於 12-3-1 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
My son and my daughter are both study at Boxhill K2 and Nursery. I can only said my son got interviewed with RC this year but didn't get offer a place.  RC Claimed that both Boxhill and ESF don't have any connection with them, and based on the result and it seems that they did offer places for those who did well during the interview.  this year around 1500 applicants, only 700 got interview, and around 150 offers, and a lot waiting list.

發表於 12-3-5 11:35 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Max1130 的帖子

Hi Max1130, thanks for your information. My kid is now studying in Boxhill FoTan Nursery class and just got the K1 offer from ESF WKS. I discussed the K1 issue with the headmistress recently. She is so nice that to share her information with me openly. Originally I decided to move to ESF in K1 but after I talked with her and searched the information on this forum and school websites. I think I'd better keep my son in Boxhill .... The main thing is because it seems that studying in ESF kindy doesn't have any advantage when applying RC and RC only concern the interview performance. Also, I like boxhill. It's really a good school.

發表於 12-3-22 10:37 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 winnietingting 於 12-3-22 10:38 編輯
Max1130 發表於 12-3-1 17:51
My son and my daughter are both study at Boxhill K2 and Nursery. I can only said my son got intervie ...

The chance to RC is so slim (only 10%)!!! Then, which primary school will Boxhill student take most?   Thanks a lot.

發表於 12-3-22 16:40 |顯示全部帖子
回復 cowebi 的帖子

Yes. Miss Iris also discuss w/ me about the current situation. I also like Boxhill so much! However, since it is more competitive in RC recently, my son will change to study another IS kindergarten which has primary school.

發表於 12-3-22 22:25 |顯示全部帖子

引用:回復+cowebi+的帖子 Yes.+Miss+Iris+also+

原帖由 vinvillalee 於 12-03-22 發表
回復 cowebi 的帖子

Yes. Miss Iris also discuss w/ me about the current situation. I also like Boxhi ...
介唔介意講將會去邊間is學校?

謝謝。

發表於 12-3-23 12:15 |顯示全部帖子
回復 winnietingting 的帖子

My boy will change to study NIS

發表於 12-4-22 16:46 |顯示全部帖子
So is that mean the teacher at WKS are not nice? I've read from the msg here and most of them are saying the teacher are not nice and they dont care much about the kids?

發表於 12-4-23 08:08 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 12-4-24 23:45 |顯示全部帖子
So ESF WKS is not a good kinda?

發表於 12-5-1 00:01 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter and my son are in MOS boxhill now.  Before WKS school was founded, it's almost 100% in-take from box hill to RC.  However, with WKS as well as the increasing number of applicants this year, the rate has dropped to 70%.  Mrs. King said that it's hard to predict as of this point.

I attended the RC parents session and I remember they said that RC will not have preference over ESF as this is a private individual school.      

I also have friends who are in WKS but also didn't get into any ESF Primary school.    My point is that there is no guarantee or relatively higher chances for RC these days.

I would suggest you to think about the contingency in case your kid doesn't get into international school. The key reason why we decided to stay in Boxhill is that it does offer Chinese language and K3.   In case we didn't get into RC, we have a backup. (which is what happening right now)

發表於 12-5-3 09:36 |顯示全部帖子
yuenru, how do you see the Chinese language teaching at Boxhill? My daughter will attend their nursery class in the coming August and I am actually not aiming at international primary schools in the meantime, do you think their chinese teaching is sufficient for a child to attend local primary schools?

發表於 12-5-3 17:34 |顯示全部帖子
I think as there are more kids / Bs in the coming years and there will be more competitions.  So, don't think there are any guarantees as to what KG they goto will have a higher chance of getting into ESF / RC.  For RC, I think it largely depends on your kids' performance during the interview and for ESF... if you are CAT 2, maybe more due to luck / chances (even if your kid has high standards of English)....  Like what others have already said... better to have contingency plans....

發表於 12-5-10 00:54 |顯示全部帖子
My son is in Mos Boxhill K3 this year. We turned down the offer of ESF Wks when he was K1 considering the back up in case he didn't get any offer from RC. This year, I can see that the Chinese teachers put in a lot of effort in brushing the children's Chinese though the standard is yet to be comparable, I must agree that the chinese standard is pretty high. I was quite surprised by that when I saw his homework recently. For parents aiming at RC, I think you needn't compare too much against Wks for the past 2 years cos this is a pretty new school n there weren't that many cat 1 kids when it launched n most of the kids were local. They went in at age of K2 still given a chance to interview which is unusual for ESF. That's why only around 60+% of the kids from Wks were accepted that year. A very low % indeed. it got slightly better last year n it didn't really affect the situation in box hill. This year should really be the year for comparison. Category doesn't really affect that much in RC cos they take in around 70% locals if I am still updated.

發表於 12-5-11 17:01 |顯示全部帖子
回復 mienmien 的帖子

My son is also going to MOS BH this year but I have another offer in MOS Greenfield which will start the registration before end-May. So I need to make the decision shortly.

When you say chinese, are they teaching "Traditional Chinese" or "SimpleChinese" and the spoken chinese is Mandarin or Cantonese?

Can you also advise the proportion of Chinese and English lesson each day in terms of no. of hours? I understand in N1, each week would have two days having Mandarin or Cantonese learning time.

In K1-K3, do all the students study in PM classes? I was given a PM offer but I really want to transfer to AM.

發表於 12-5-14 14:50 |顯示全部帖子
If I have twins, do you think is it possible for RC to accept both of them? Should I apply seperately? Or maybe they will turn down both of them.  My twins will go to Boxhill MOS this August.