用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際英文幼稚園 K3 this year, almost all private school accept!
樓主: sutent
go

K3 this year, almost all private school accept!   [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-2-16 14:34 |只看該作者
回復 sutent 的帖子

My girl will enter ST. Cat K1 in Sep 2012.

May I know which ballet school did you take? Do you think ballet is useful for P1 interview? And what competition or certificate did you take? My girl has learnt ballet sine 2.5 years old. Time is limited, I just want to choose 2-3 activities for her.

22#
發表於 12-2-16 14:35 |只看該作者
Between, do you know the result of other students?

23#
發表於 12-2-16 17:43 |只看該作者
回復 Cavebaby 的帖子

When you are in Lower Class, SC would have talk invite all Lower Class Parents, and introduce the result of the P1 admission of last year. You will have a better picture during that time.

24#
發表於 12-2-16 22:21 |只看該作者

回覆:bb@wonderland 的帖子

我很滿意st cath及女女表現!現有6閒私校收,仲未計無去註冊的二線私小,現等大抽獎,而真他同學都好叻,個個都有一兩間在手,所以羅福道st  cath真不錯!

25#
發表於 12-2-16 23:35 |只看該作者
congraduations !

26#
發表於 12-2-17 10:10 |只看該作者
dear sutent,
  WHich story & poem you join? I am interested in it too! Thanks!!

27#
發表於 12-2-21 14:34 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 joeyxlma 於 12-2-24 22:44 編輯

回復 Cavebaby 的帖子

My girl is also studying in SC K3 (EP class), I think most of the SC K3 students are not bad,

My girl is now registered with APS, KTS, HK True Light (with some others turned down by us). Actually I'm quite pround of her in all the interviews because she is emotionally stable and remainded happy in all her interview.  It is not easy for a kid of 5-6.  

As of results, she got in all 2nd rounds (whenever there is, including DGJS, for info we did not attend SPCC) and just have 2 failures: DGJS and GT (well, GT is the first school she interviewed...).  So I believe she is academically sound.

My girl did attended some extracirculmum activities but not too much. For academic side, she is studying English, enopi maths, for others, she is doing French and gymnestic.  She also attended PTH speech competition.for 3 years.
In her profile, she has: English public exam results (Trinity and Cambridge), PTH speech competition prizes, some other prize or public exam certificates for French and gym.

The above are some facts that I'd like to share in order to help the fellow SC parents to understand SC student performance and do some early preparation.

As of opinion:
1. I could not say it is all contributed by SC but SC definately helps, especially the English listening and conversation skills. She definately build up her PTH skills in SC as she is at PE class.
2. Other English course and maths course helps her to enhance her academic confidendence (to prepare for tough questions)
3. Frankly, for competitions, prize, certifcates etc, - I cannot see much direct help in the interviews.  
But certain of them such as speach competitions have help very much to build up her confidendce, and the gymatic exercise help her to build up her indenpence and physical condition of course.

28#
發表於 12-2-22 09:48 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing joeyxlma,

Confidendce and indenpence are very imporant for kids, May I know where can I find those courses??

Thank you

29#
發表於 12-2-22 13:21 |只看該作者
Congrats!  So did you help your girl to apply for any "direct funding" school? What's the result?

30#
發表於 12-2-23 12:43 |只看該作者
回復 sutent 的帖子

請問可否pm europi(maths)  的電話給我, 因為上網也找不到, thank you.

31#
發表於 12-2-23 13:57 |只看該作者
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

Hi joeyxlma,

May I know where your kid attended the english course ?  I would like to enroll english course for my son.  Thanks.

32#
發表於 12-2-23 15:11 |只看該作者
KT1028 發表於 12-2-23 12:43
回復 sutent 的帖子

請問可否pm europi(maths)  的電話給我, 因為上網也找不到, thank you.

For Enopi Hong Kong: you can click:  http://www.enopi.com/Main/Main_Local.aspx?CountryCd=HongKong

There are many Enopi learning centre in Hong Kong, you can find a near one from the above link.

33#
發表於 12-2-23 17:26 |只看該作者
THX A LOT, bb@wonderland

34#
發表於 12-2-23 22:34 |只看該作者
primrose_bb 發表於 12-2-22 13:21
Congrats!  So did you help your girl to apply for any "direct funding" school? What's the result?

Yes. Accepted by 2 (but I turned them down), waiting for 1.

35#
發表於 12-2-24 00:02 |只看該作者
In my last post, I just list out some facts.  Today I'd like to share more.

Firstly, I'd like to explain why I list out as much fact I could. I use this approach because as a BK fans (especially in K3 interview time), I found that there is a problem in doing research and seeking opinion on BK. It is becasue I find that quite a number of parents will answer your questions or share their feeling/ opinion but you never know their answers are based on what kind of expectations.  For example, if one said XXX school or class that is "good", it is not easy to know if it is really good, or just because that parent has different expectation with mine. (Remember there are always many parents with different expectation with you on BK so it is a very important point that you have to pay attention to.)

Frankly in the process of K3 interviews, I always wonder if my kid is well-prepared enough?  It is because I cannot train her to be "smart" but at least I get her well-prepared, especially academically. I believe this is also a topic that fellow SC parents may be interested - what academic level that my kid has to achieve to prepare for the interviews?

My sharing is not going to give an answer, but at least you got an real life example that one kid achieve XXX academic result, the interview results is YYY.  Hope that more BK parents can share their experience on this basis which will make comparison more objective.

For additional information,
1. As to English level: She has done Cambridge starter at 15 shields and Trinity level 2 distinction.
2. As to Maths: she is doing level 10 e.nopi maths.
3. Very confidence in Eng listening and speaking - no problem with SC kids, I suppose.

I think she is quite well-prepared with her English and Maths level for her interviews.

Hope the abvoe can help.

點評

maomaofifi  just pass by when I start doing the research. thanks for your sharing. it helps a lot!   發表於 13-8-29 11:58

36#
發表於 12-2-24 11:36 |只看該作者
sutent 發表於 12-2-7 19:29
My daughter attend many story & poem competition,also got some champions.
And she learn piano , bal ...

Hi Sutent,

Could you pls share more information about RWI?

Thanks

37#
發表於 12-2-24 13:00 |只看該作者

回覆:ac917 的帖子

It's very good in phonics, ABC pathways, Q Q club & one more company had. Standard price in all centre !

38#
發表於 12-2-26 10:39 |只看該作者

回覆:sutent 的帖子

My daughter also Trinity grade 1&2 distinction ,enopi grade 10 but no others.

39#
發表於 12-2-27 20:49 |只看該作者
回復 sutent 的帖子

Yes yes i also heard that this year the admission result at St. Cat is very good. Your daughter is so so so smart.

40#
發表於 12-2-28 09:54 |只看該作者
joeyxlma 發表於 12-2-24 00:02
In my last post, I just list out some facts.  Today I'd like to share more.

Firstly, I'd like to ex ...
Your daughter is really smart ! Did your daughter take any cambridge course before exam ? Also, did she attend any Mandarin speech course before attending the competition ? If yes, can you advise the learning centres ? My boy is very shy, I don't expect he can get any prizes in the competition but just want to train up his confidence so that he can speak more loudly in front of others.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題