教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 請問有讀寫困難小朋友的家長
發新帖
查看: 2269|回覆: 12
go

[讀障] 請問有讀寫困難小朋友的家長 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-2-4 22:41 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本帖最後由 preciousstone 於 12-2-5 00:37 編輯

請問你們小朋友在最初學習英文字母時會否比一般小朋友慢? 我小朋友今年3歲, 她的同學仔大部份都已能認得英文字母, 但我囡囡學來學去都唔識, 今天我只教她A,B,C三個英文字母, 她學來學去都唔識,  我覺得囡囡學其他東西沒有問題. 智力應該正常. 我很擔心這是讀障的先兆. 你們可否告訴我你們小朋友最初學英文字母時的表現是怎樣的? 謝謝!
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-2-10 14:40 |只看該作者
It's too young to decide. Usually the test will be conducted at age 6.5 at P1..

3#
發表於 12-2-10 22:53 |只看該作者
I know it may be to young to judge. However, would like to know whether there is any indication when they are very young.

4#
發表於 12-2-14 08:28 |只看該作者
睇下呢套片就知讀障有乜特徵:

http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1

5#
發表於 12-2-16 09:10 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 motherotk 於 12-2-16 09:18 編輯

回復 preciousstone 的帖子

a lots of signs for my girl when she is four or five

1) fine motor skill not very good; 2) reading is ok in sentences, but if separate in words, then will have difficulties; 3) difficulties in space when writing; 4) difficulties to process the words or phonics; 5) short term memories only, learned, but forget very quickly; 6) affect her self-confidence if teachers not understand and if peers not supportive.

I have trained her in the following ways:

1) I found all tutorial classes in group not useful , waste of money/time, and sometimes even very damaging to the child, so I strongly opposed kids with special learning needs sending to the tutorial classes, So I rule out all tutorial classes

2) I teach her major subjects in the following strategies:
a) Maths - concepts, using games, and worksheet with simple concepts, then repeat and repeat every day. It is useful for her to grasp, don't push her to under new concepts when the old concepts not grounded. So you need to have lots of patience and understanding.

b) Chinese - teach her the basics, mandarin phonic, then writing structures (Heep Hong society good Occupational Therapy session is really helpful on this), read a book every day with simple levels, do not give her books with too many words that she don't know, don;t compare with other kids' reading ability, that's not fair to her and unrealistic to the mother. I like the serioes of "Ching Tien" reading books, very good Chinese reading starting from K2.
In P1, I have her read three chapters of school books every day in Mandarin, and doing the same exercises througout 1-2 weeks, build up her reading confidence and interest, and to recognize the Mandarin phonics (simple way). Then I copy some of the words in computer separately, ask her to read single words, after she recognize all these words, I teach her to write the words structures. It's good that her school's dictation requirement is not heavy, so choosing school suitable for her is an important decision for me. I found now she has more space to learn and with good support from teachers and curriculum.  She make a good progress in Chinese learning.

c) English - learn phonics as basics, difficult for her, but insist and persist and repeated. Some progress now, but still need to be insisted and persisted.  Read computer books with increased level of complications every day, two books every day, reading loud and point to the words.  At least now she feel more confident to read and feel interested in book readings through computer.  Writing simple sentences with pictures and worksheets, I design my own worksheets for her, to suit her needs and cognitive level.

So, that's it, I am still learning and struggleing on how to handle, but so far seems work to her at this time. My experience with my girl:

To be understanding, to be realistic, to focus on how to help her improve based on her ability, know how difficult for her to process information, different from other kids in learning. Know about her and use the right ways to teacher her, to encourage and maintain learning motivation, to be happy and emotionally stable..

Don't compare with other kids without this difficulties. They are different in learning and they need "intensive" support to get through their learning! Other than learning, they are smart and happy kid!

6#
發表於 12-2-16 13:58 |只看該作者
motherotk 發表於 12-2-16 09:10
回復 preciousstone 的帖子

a lots of signs for my girl when she is four or five

motherrotk, thank you for your detail reply. Very useful tips. You are a great mum. At what age was your kid able to recognize english letters and numbers?

7#
發表於 12-2-16 21:22 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 motherotk 於 12-2-17 00:50 編輯

A gradual process. If using the right ways, her improvement is more obvious, if using the wrong ways or without good curriculum or teachers' understanding, the improvement will be limited. Most obvious improvement is three months after P1 as she has adjusted to the school teachers (they are key persons, I talked to the teachers strategically), she trusts the teachers and enjoyed the peers and loved school, then her motivation to learn grows. The english teacher is not that responsive and quite "distant", the learning progress is slower. The maths and chinese teachers are very good and communicate closely with me, her progresses in these subjects improved a lot.

8#
發表於 12-2-17 22:34 |只看該作者
motherotk 發表於 12-2-16 21:22
A gradual process. If using the right ways, her improvement is more obvious, if using the wrong ways ...
Yes, good teachers are so important for kid's development.

When did you find out that your daughter has the problem? What signs did you notice when she was in K1 or K2?

9#
發表於 12-2-17 22:35 |只看該作者
pandabonita 發表於 12-2-14 08:28
睇下呢套片就知讀障有乜特徵:

http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2346525&extra=p ...
This film is really good. Thank you for recommendation.

10#
發表於 12-2-18 10:51 |只看該作者
cannot follow teachers' instruction
dreaming all the time when other kids are doing their work in class
cannot catch up with the tasks with more fine motor skills requirements
phonic - really difficult for her to follow the logic..
maths - really difficult, even for counting, + -...all difficult

Good - reading words and memorizing the whole readings, but sepate words  seemed meaningless to her. But it's a good way to maintain her confidence in reading, I encourage her to read simple story or Chinese poems and she can memorize it quickly and feel good about that

11#
發表於 12-2-18 13:05 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 pandabonita 於 12-2-18 14:11 編輯

回復 preciousstone 的帖子

in the movie, the boy said he saw the alphabets dance.  try to ask your daughter if she has any other problems when she looks at words / letters (for 3 yrs old, it might be difficult for her to describe her problem in detail though so showing patience, understanding and support is important).  also in the movie, the teacher used a lot of diff techniques to help the boy w dyslexia, eg, play doh, writing w finger, phonics, etc.  you might want to try to see if any of these could help ur daugther.  if your daughter not ready to learn alphabets yet, I would just help her improve her vocabulary (on the listening and speaking side, not reading / spelling).

12#
發表於 12-2-18 19:22 |只看該作者
If my age 3 girl
- has long attention span (better then her 6 yrs sister)
- can follow multiple instructions (better then her 6 yrs sister)
- is self-disciplined (better then her 6 yrs sister)
- can count up to 30
- has excellent fine motor skills
- physical development is far advance then kids of same age
but just is not able to recognise letters and numbers

does this mean that the chance of having dyslexia is rare?

13#
發表於 12-2-28 04:56 |只看該作者
There are lots of combinations of kid's learning, e.g, High IQ + dyslexia; Average IQ +  dyslexia + ADHD; or other types of child development issues.. need to find out and target their issues to train them.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題