搜索
教育王國 討論區 啟思小學 Creative Primary School
發新帖
查看: 8429|回覆: 6
go

Creative Primary School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-12-14 22:09 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Just got offer by Creative Primary School for 2012/2013.  Seems their way of teaching is different from normal schools and seems that not difficult to get into that school.  $6800/month of school fee.  Just wanna know what kind of education the school can provide as the teachers cannot explain clearly at the parents' talk.
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-12-15 12:24 |只看該作者
I can share some of the first hand experience:

1) The Chinese subject teaching is excellent, with kids learning PTH and step by step language learning, readings. Kid progress very well in terms of reading and speaking PTH.  The Chinese is taught in PTH, both PTH teachers and Chinese teachers + curriculum are very good.. The teaching materials are good.

2) The maths teaching is on conceptual learning, foundation learning, step by step, to me, this is very good way of learning. Teachers are good at teaching maths.

3) General studies - they changed to enquiry based learning, with a requirement to involve parents to assist the child to explore social science issues (community or organizations, family, school etc), science or biolog.. issues (e.g. animals), develop students' self-learning and enquiry mind, as well as presentation skills. So far, the kid learn step by step through this teaching style, gradually tuning in. I saw my child doing quite good at the presentation. Quite interesting ways of learning, the outcome is positive.

Hope this will help.

3#
發表於 11-12-15 13:05 |只看該作者
Thanks, Motherotk.  Very informative.  Thanks a lot.  
May I know about the teaching of English please as the staff said there will be two Eng teachers , 1 is a Chi teacher who will teach grammar, 1 is a NET who will teach phonics.   This approach is quite strange to me (sorry for using "strange") as kids will not be exposed on full English environment?

They also said all subjects (except Eng) will be taught in Cantonese.  Any effect on kids' learning english please?

Really thanks.

4#
發表於 11-12-15 14:19 |只看該作者
You do ask very good questions. Since I am new to the school, the more experienced parents here may have better positions to answer your questions. I am still observing my kid's progress. You better talk to those P4 P5 or P6 parents. Thier ideas or pictures will be more comprehensive.

5#
發表於 11-12-15 22:29 |只看該作者
I looked at its website, it seems it has not fixed admission timelines, and is still taking applications.  Am I correct?

6#
發表於 11-12-16 09:43 |只看該作者

回復 1# 2012P1 的帖子

Yes, I think so.  For my girl, I submitted application in Nov-miss the normal application time (Oct).

7#
發表於 11-12-16 23:03 |只看該作者

回復 4# yuetsmum 的帖子

啟思的課程的確與一般學校不一樣。
他們著重培養孩子獨立思考和主動學習,有EQ堂,注重德育。
"每個孩子是獨特的"在學校網頁和校長講話時常看見,聽到。在日常的學校生活中,我真的體會到學校的團隊是有這個信念,而且有實踐。孩子可在充滿愛心和豉勵的校園成長。
只是,最好的課程都不可能滿足每一位家長的期望,我個人就喜歡現在課程的大方向。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題