密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 兩 大 推 非 聯 招 優 先 取 錄
查看: 10201|回覆: 38
go

兩 大 推 非 聯 招 優 先 取 錄 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-12-8 11:47 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
 (星島日報報道)應屆中七高考生的大學聯招日前截止,昨日的立法會會議上,議員何鍾泰向教育局提出書面質詢,要求當局提交有關資料,解釋香港大學及中文大學首度通過非聯招途徑,於本年底優先取錄持有國際預科文憑(IB)和英國普通教育文憑高級程度考試(GCE A-level)學歷的學生資料。

教育局局長孫明揚以書面回應指,以二○一○學年為例,持IB及GCE A-level學歷入大學的非聯招本地生申請人約一千名,佔整體收生人數的百分之七,而非聯招的非本地生則約有一千九百人,佔百分之十三。他又指,一二學年的非聯招收生程序之中,兩所大學的做法與海外大學相似,中大稱為「提前錄取」,港大則稱為「加快取錄」。

「優先取錄的安排由個別院校自行推出,以便在正常的申請周期內提前處理申請,讓學生可盡早準備及計畫各學士學位課程的申請,同時讓院校有充分時間考慮及評審所有申請。所有申請計畫的學生,必須在入學前符合所有入學要求,不能提早一年入讀大學。」

孫明揚指,大學教育資助委員會沒有就聯招及非聯招入學的學生定立比例,收生事宜由個別院校自行處理,而近年聯招錄取人數與核准收生學額的比例保持平穩,新增的非本地生是通過在核准學額以外超收錄取,不會與本地生構成直接競爭。

中大發言人表示,明年持IB及GCE A-level學歷入學的學生,將可於三年內完成學士課程,而一三年入學的學生,最多可獲二十四個學分豁免。至於優先取錄計畫的申請及取錄人數,中大及港大發言人均拒絕透露有關數字
2011-12-08
   0    0    0    0
孩子需要鼓勵, 適當的稱讚和鼓勵,
會使他更努力去完成任務, 對自己更有自信.
在小朋友的學習過程中,父母的啟發與鼓勵是十分重要。

2#
發表於 11-12-8 12:30 |只看該作者
In many overseas universities, they will admit students by conditional offers earlier based on predicted exam results... so it is very normal for HKU and CUHK to do the same, why need to be questioned??

3#
發表於 11-12-8 14:43 |只看該作者
原帖由 WYmom 於 11-12-8 12:30 發表
In many overseas universities, they will admit students by conditional offers earlier based on predicted exam results... so it is very normal for HKU and CUHK to do the same, why need to be questioned ...

One of my friend(whose daughter is studying in UK for A level) went to CU & HKU Admission Talk for non-Jupas in Oct. According to her, universities will give firm offers (not conditional offers) to those non-Jupas applicants based on their GCSE and UK AS level results earlier next year (well before release of their A Level results). It seems that the policy is similar to that of Early Admission Scheme for HKCEE.

Not sure whether this scheme is applicable to non-Jupas IB applicants. If yes, how can the universities assess their academic performance before release of the IB results?? Base on predicted grades given by teachers?

4#
發表於 11-12-8 15:12 |只看該作者

回復 3# JP 的帖子

Not sure whether this scheme is applicable to non-Jupas IB applicants. If yes, how can the universities assess their academic performance before release of the IB results?? Base on predicted grades given by teachers?

Yes.

My son's senior use PG of Year 1 to apply Non-JUPAS of HKU & CUHK via Fast Track and Early Admission, they all got interviews, now wait for firm offers which will be announced in Jan 2010. If no firm offers then will go to main round for general admission.

You may ask how can HKU & CUHK  trust the PG from the teachers. I guess they will consider ESF, IS, DBS with benchmark from their previous either IB or other exam results. For newly accredited DSS IB schools, they may discount some of their grades or not offer firm offers, conditional offers instead.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

5#
發表於 11-12-8 15:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-12-8 15:12 發表
My son's senior use PG of Year 1 to apply Non-JUPAS of HKU & CUHK via Fast Track and Early Admission, they all got interviews, now wait for firm offers which will be announced in Jan 2010. If no firm offers then will go to main round for general admission.

Thanks for sharing!

If I were議員何鍾泰, I would follow up and ask why such Fast Track and Early Admission does not apply to HKDSE based on teachers' predicted grades?

6#
發表於 11-12-8 15:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 JP 於 11-12-8 15:26 發表

Thanks for sharing!

If I were議員何鍾泰, I would follow up and ask why such Fast Track and Early Admission does not apply to HKDSE based on teachers' predicted grades?   

IB and GCSE & GCE AL are not new matters and IBO also modulated the standard of accredited schools.

But our parents and educators requested to cut public exams even cut short TSA.... our HKDSE students are zero track record and internal examinations not modulated. How can you compare DGS, SPCC, DBS, LS, MCS with other schools' A? Very soon, more parents will force their kids to sit GCSE....... Then, why cut HKCEE?

From my limited info, the Big 3 also invited the elite schools' principals to nominate their top students to participate Fast Track and Early Admission, may not all schools. Universities seem to focus on schools have EAS record as reference.

7#
發表於 11-12-8 16:50 |只看該作者

回復 1# ANChan59 的帖子

ANChan59,

See your points!
But I don't think the Big 3 will give any firm offers to those elite schools' top students who are invited for early interviews without even a promise for any conditional offers.
One of my friend's son will sit for UK AS/AL next year while studying HKDSE in HK. I guess more people will follow this route--Fast Track and Early Admission!!

8#
發表於 11-12-8 18:43 |只看該作者
用IB 校內成績再加SAT會唔會好D?

9#
發表於 11-12-8 21:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 kym 於 11-12-8 18:43 發表
用IB 校內成績再加SAT會唔會好D?

In local universities, professors may prefer IB >>> SAT, unless the PG is not promising.

10#
發表於 11-12-8 21:50 |只看該作者
During the HKU admission talk, the speaker has confirmed that those students invited for interviews with good performance will have additional marks only.  There will not be any conditional offer for DSE students.  Now, it seems that taking Non-Jupas route  is a better choice.  But who knows, after one or two years, the universities may change their policies. A headache to all parents.:igiveup:

11#
發表於 11-12-8 22:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 eschung 於 11-12-8 21:50 發表
During the HKU admission talk, the speaker has confirmed that those students invited for interviews with good performance will have additional marks only.  There will not be any conditional offer for  ...

You are absolutely right, after 1-2 years, universities may offer conditional offers and then firm offers for some schools and students.....

As HKDSE standard is below IB, so universities feel more comfortable to accept IB PG...

12#
發表於 12-1-16 00:14 |只看該作者
In my son's school, NSS students had interview may have some interview score, but no offers yet.

But most IB students got offers from HKU & CUHK, medicine (42-43 included bonus; QFin 38, BBA (Law) 42.......)

13#
發表於 12-1-16 19:26 |只看該作者
Any offer from HKU LLB currently known together with the PG/conditional score?
ANChan59 發表於 12-1-16 00:14
In my son's school, NSS students had interview may have some interview score, but no offers yet.

But most IB students got offers from HKU & CUHK, medicine (42-43 included bonus; QFin 38, BBA (Law) 42.......)

14#
發表於 12-1-17 11:46 |只看該作者
回復 slamai 的帖子

I need to check.
My gut feeling is similar to BBA & Law, or a bit lower as LLB has more seats.

15#
發表於 12-1-17 13:11 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Hi ANChan59,

It seems to me that 42-43 is a very high score.
Is a conditional offer of 42-43 helpful or does it make a big difference?
Unlike unconditional offer, student still needs to bear the risk of public exam and have to strive and work very hard to achieve the score.

There is another query.
For UCAS tariff, 7 in IB HL gets 130 points but SL only max 70 points.
Max points for IB is 720.
While for HKDSE, 5* is 130 points, max could be 130 x 7 = 910.
For those planning for UK, would HKDSE be a better choice?

16#
發表於 12-1-17 13:50 |只看該作者
For hot program's, no matter JUPAS, non-JUPAS are competitive. When we are talking medicine, reasonable standard. For enilginerring, unconditional offer may be 30 or below, for HKUST, 30 is the min.

About UCAS, we should also consider % of students achieve that, and using an extreme example may lead to wrong conclusion. Moreover, I guess we don't expect all kids and families are the same.

We can view the issue in another angle, how many % from 40-45, cf equivalent in HKDSE (its a question mark right mow) If very low % in HKDSE, the impact is minimal. My assumption of IB better than HKDSE may valid for the first 2-3 years. Later, I can't tell..... That's the best I can respond to a speculative question. I also highly recommend you to view the Expert Report of HKDSE in UCAS, if my memory don't fool me, some subjects may not count and core Mathis only count half, we shouldnt double count M1 or M2. More time, read the similar report of IB.

IB may work for my son, may be HKDSE more suitable for other equal talented kids. No right or wrong, just best fit.

Sorry, my notebook was dead, I can respond in mobile phone, my logic or explanation not do good. In case, some point may upset you, pls accept my apology in advance.

17#
發表於 12-1-18 12:21 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Dear ANChan59,

May I ask why you said "HKDSE standard is below IB"? As I know, except English and Chinese, it seems students will learn less in IB then in HKDSE.

18#
發表於 12-1-18 12:46 |只看該作者
I just observed from UCAS' expert reports, you can compare HKDSE vs GCE AL; then IBDP vs GCE AL. I strongly recommend parents to read the HKDSE expert report personally, you will see how UK universties grade M1 vs M2...... Dont just listen to the propagenda from the SAR Government.

According to Lab reports, essays and commentaries in other subjects, I observed that it's standard much demanding compared with NSS in terms of quality, self learning, motivation of study..... May be some subjects like Geography, the coverage of HKDSE/NSS may be wider than IB & GCE.

If you just refer to examination results and syllabus on paper, may be you are right in certain subjects at HL.  You may be correct, I need to distinguish between the standard of NSS and or HKDSE. HKDSE should be compared with IBDP, NSS vs IB respectively.

BTW, I always shared here, HKDSE/NSS should follow IBDP/IB to classify subjects in Elementary and Advance levels similar to Maths, Core + Extended Modules, so that the students can have better exam performance and reflect their standard. Even in HKCEE, 7-8k students got "Zero", if the paper and syllabus even more advance compare with HKCEE, so the exam system create more victims or failures. If less students score "Zero", then I doubt the qualification of HKDSE.

HKDSE still takes time to reflect the actual standard, as a HK citizen, I cordially wish it flies as HKALE in the past. As my son is the second batch of NSS, I doubt the standing of HKDSE in the first few batches; I recommend him to "jump ship" to take IB and also I prefer a more effective learning method and better student teacher ratio when I can afford.

I hope I answer your good question.

點評

ch1970  記憶中HKDSE邀請英國/澳洲進行benchmark鑑別的成績是不錯的, 課程質素與英國OCR很接近,這也是港府有膽向海外學府推銷的原因。  發表於 12-1-21 00:40

19#
發表於 12-2-20 17:44 |只看該作者
ch1970

Pls refer to my replies carefully, I cited the expert report of OCR under UCAS as reference.

20#
發表於 12-2-21 01:52 |只看該作者
ANChan59 發表於 12-2-20 17:44
ch1970

Pls refer to my replies carefully, I cited the expert report of OCR under UCAS as reference. ...
是我大意過頭了。我當時只看過英文科的課程評鑑
‹ 上一主題|下一主題