搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖若望英文書院(小學部) Got Offer by St Johannes
發新帖
查看: 4427|回覆: 15
go

Got Offer by St Johannes [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-11-30 12:51 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Just got accepted by SJS.  Mixed feelings.  Any mama can share please.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-12-1 11:08 |只看該作者
Depend on how many options on your hand now? What made you have mixed feeling?

My girl is studying at SJC K3 now will keep going on their P1 in coming 2012 academic year.

3#
發表於 11-12-2 16:38 |只看該作者

回覆 1# Chewy 的文章

Tks for your reply. I like this school though no friends hv ever studied here. Teachers are nice during the interview.  My girl said she likes it also.

Mixed feelings...coz seems the school is not that open-not much inf on their teaching method, repots etc, not even disclosed at edu dept... Plus many negative comments last years...

4#
發表於 11-12-2 17:03 |只看該作者
My son also received the offer. Hope we can exchange information in the future.

5#
發表於 11-12-3 23:14 |只看該作者

回復 1# HQYUEN 的帖子

Yes, keep in touch

6#
發表於 11-12-5 11:23 |只看該作者
Hi all,
me too, please keep contact for exchange information.

7#
發表於 11-12-5 16:02 |只看該作者
hi, all, yes yes.

8#
發表於 11-12-7 11:55 |只看該作者
Hi, 你地有無擔心學校上年咁多負面新聞?
對學校感覺係咪好神秘? 唔知有無d 開放日, 介紹會比我地d 準學生, 可以多了解>...

原帖由 HQYUEN 於 11-12-2 17:03 發表
My son also received the offer. Hope we can exchange information in the future.

9#
發表於 11-12-8 13:16 |只看該作者
Worries -yes, but their reputation is not bad before (I mean before last year).  Their students' standard of English is outstanding and it is an English primary school.  Since my girl is educated in an English kindergarten in Kln Tong right now (even Maths is taught in Eng), that's why I want to find an Eng Primary school for her so that she can catch up subjects easily.  

I've been to many admission interviews and found that the teachers there are nice and friendly also-willing to talk to the applicants.  I've been calling the working staff a few times for enquiries-so far they are helpful...

Worries -definite yes.  Agreed that if the school can provide more information to us, they can relieve our worries.

10#
發表於 11-12-19 00:56 |只看該作者
You may refer to my some comments posted under other topics. Be very careful and alert, I believe there are quite a few people purposely bad-mouthing this school, which I want to fight against, as my sons are studying at this school and all the lovely kids currently studying at this school are innocent, I won't allow these people to do their revenge to this school by sacrifying these kids' benefits!

11#
發表於 11-12-19 01:19 |只看該作者
I noticed that all the negative comments, make-up stories emerged after the 政治风波, I couldn't help wondering whether someone is leveraging this website to do revenge to this school, since this will impair my sons' and many other kids' benefit, I definitely will stand up and voice out. The school has good sides and issues like all other schools, You may search the old newspaper, this school was a top private school back in 2007 and earlier, now honestly it is really not as good as it was in the past lar (due to lost of experienced teachers), but most of its text books and worksheets are still being used (one year earlier than other school, e.g. P2 students learn P3 math/English books),overall 校风ok.

12#
發表於 11-12-19 13:15 |只看該作者
JoJo99, I agree with you.  If people want to bad-mouth a school , it is very easy.

A lot of people just keep asking which schools are good, however, they don't even go to the school and check it out.

My girl is studying in another pre-nursery, and she will study in SJC next year for kindergarten.  I like this school very much starting from interview day, then I keep reading all the posts in EK , and found many bad comments.

I called the school and talked to one of the teachers in K2, and she spent almost 20 minutes to explain the current situation, the way of teaching to me.  Of course, I called them during non-busy hours.

Then I personally went to the school with my husband at 3pm (the time they get off from school), watched how the kids behave, and how the teachers treat the kids.....and talked to a real parent.

Everything is good to me, so I have no more questions and I am happy to send my girl to this school.

For me, I would not trust everything in EK, a lot of things are not true.  

13#
發表於 11-12-20 11:45 |只看該作者
thank you all for your advice.  Yes, I agree that "see from our eyes" is more fair , and communication with the teachers and school staff is very important.  

I accidentally walked past  SJS a month ago and saw kids went to school happily...

I enquired about the route of the school bus by email and the staff member answered me quickly, providing me with the contact number of the school bus so that I can talk to the person-in-charge directly.  

Will try to visit the school again.

14#
發表於 12-12-5 10:15 |只看該作者
Dear Yuetsmum and all,

How is your kid life with STJ since Sept 2011? my son got an offer for next Sept 2013-2014, as your feeling last year this time"mixed"
Thanks
MiaoMiao

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 12-12-10 23:21 |只看該作者
我30/11/2012都無去註冊~太多負面新聞,學校老師亦不推介~

16#
發表於 12-12-11 13:25 |只看該作者
天! 這麼嚴重!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題