ESF 連in 都無得in! [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 12-1-13 18:43 |只看該作者
其實就算3xxx人報,收百幾人,即是小朋友差不多要擊倒~30個其他考生,才有機會...真系好難。
五挑一係合理機會,十選一已經好講運氣。

62#
發表於 12-1-13 23:11 |只看該作者
回復 chongnicole 的帖子

Sorry, typing mistakes, applicants for 2012 is 2xxx-3xxx, RC said, a record high.  Their interviews have to be conducted in several sessions, just like other famous local schools.  But one thing is good. The school said "you will not dump $600 application fee into deep sea coz every applicant will be granted interview but may be in different times".  Priority will be given to ESF kinder but no promise for a space due to keen competition.

63#
發表於 12-1-13 23:44 |只看該作者
回復 yuetsmum 的帖子

Well, I don't know where you got your info on RC.   The Admissions Manager said there were 9xx applications this year, record high.   Almost all applicants were interviewed on 6 and 7 Jan.

64#
發表於 12-1-14 12:45 |只看該作者
Maybe your inf is more updated. The briefing staff told us in oct last yr. She told us not to worry if we haven't received letter for interview by Dec as there will be a few interview  sessions to be conducted in Jan. Some in early Jan, some in mid Jan 2012. She said screening is necessary-too many applicants. But of course priority for interview be given to EFS & certain international kinder (she mentioned a few names of kinder but I forgot)

65#
發表於 12-2-1 16:55 |只看該作者
My girl have a play visit, but just received the email is not accept her, so sad, so just have a play visit not guard have place.

66#
發表於 12-2-1 17:14 |只看該作者
Are you talking about kindergarten?  Did they letter say they don't have a space for her at this time or reject you?

Chances are that you may still have a space later in the year.  When ESF say waiting list, they truly mean waiting list.  They will contact you when a space come up. Unlike local school they say waiting list but in reality it means no.

67#
發表於 12-2-1 20:21 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 davidgorman 於 12-2-1 20:22 編輯
Greentea3901 發表於 12-2-1 16:55
My girl have a play visit, but just received the email is not accept her, so sad, so just have a pla ...

There must be a reason to reject her. Could you post the content of the email here please?

68#
發表於 12-2-1 23:30 |只看該作者
I didn't go to the playvisit finally due to sickness.  When I thought I'd surrender, the staff member called me to enquire if I still want to have the playvisit.  So nice.

69#
發表於 12-2-2 00:27 |只看該作者
Greentea3901 發表於 12-2-1 16:55
My girl have a play visit, but just received the email is not accept her, so sad, so just have a play visit not guard have place ...
I must say I'm intrigued, here you said your child had a play visit but was unsuccessful, but on another post you said your child did not get an interview ...

Greentea3901 發表於 12-2-1 17:01
I want to know when you apply the ESF TY, the interview arrange is base on the apply date or for what?, because I apply at 1/10/11 but cant get a interview ...
http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=2353661&pid=34278430&fromuid=856558
Well, the "play visit" WAS the interview !!!

If you're interested in ESF, or any other school for that matter, it pays to do some research (like looking up their website) to find out what their admission procedures are, or you could be throwing precious chances away by not recognizing the importance of certain events.

70#
發表於 12-2-2 16:53 |只看該作者
No ar, I received a letter said TY Kindergarten have long waiting list, so recommend I transfer to WKS, I agree and have a visit in WKS, but received a e-mail from ESF, said put my girl in waiting list. I just want to confirm even have a visit place not must have a place.
And I hope to ask anyone know, the arrange interview is based on the application date? becasue I apply in their first day 1-10-2011, but also can't have a visit place in TY.

71#
發表於 12-2-2 19:57 |只看該作者
the selection for interview is by cat 1 or Cat 2, and within each according to priority critieria. can imagine how keen you were to get into esf if you sent out application in the first day of application.  you may call to WKS to ask for the reason of wait list and how long is the list.   should also try other IS as the back up.

72#
發表於 12-2-2 22:17 |只看該作者
i  emailed them, and they said its by random select, those with siblings has piority in cat1, so it's really difficult....compare to ESF Hillside, WKS or TY are better....

73#
發表於 12-2-2 22:28 |只看該作者
回復 do123alex 的帖子

hi,will they answer the questions?
I am on waiting list too after the visit, my letter mentioned that my child was successful and they wish to offer my child a place, however, applicants are more than places, therefore will contact us when place becomes available.
any chance?

74#
發表於 12-2-2 22:29 |只看該作者
回復 Greentea3901 的帖子

hi,think we are in the same situation

75#
發表於 12-2-2 23:35 |只看該作者
Greentea3901 發表於 12-2-2 16:53
No ar, I received a letter said TY Kindergarten have long waiting list, so recommend I transfer to WKS ...
Ah, I understand your situation now. pardon me for jumping to conclusions earlier. So ESF TY is no longer in the picture since your application has been transferred to ESF WKS. I'm certain the application date does not matter as long as you applied before their cut-off date (31/Oct).

Well, being placed on the waiting list of ESF WKS means they did not find your child unacceptable during the play visit, otherwise they would have subsequently rejected your application. So basically you're still in with a chance and just need to wait for some successful applicants to decline their offers and free up places.

76#
發表於 12-2-2 23:49 |只看該作者
In that case, I think ESF WKS is quite serious about selection of students.  My girl did not attend the playvisit as scheduled. A few days later, the staff called me up and arranged another timeslot for me.  I was really surprised as I thought my girl would have no chance to get into ESF due to absence for playvisit.  

77#
發表於 12-2-2 23:50 |只看該作者
In that case, I think ESF WKS is quite serious about selection of students.  My girl did not attend the playvisit as scheduled. A few days later, the staff called me up and arranged another timeslot for me.  I was really surprised as I thought my girl would have no chance to get into ESF due to absence for playvisit.  Though still not sure if my girl will be accepted up to the present moment, just think they are serious and their attitude is good.

78#
發表於 12-2-3 00:56 |只看該作者
They require all children to attend play visit but it's not for selection.... More for English proficiency and developmental screening.  They would accept reasons such as illness for absence just to be fair.

But since 1st round offers have already gone out, you would probably be on waiting list even if you pass screening.

Greentea

79#
發表於 12-2-3 00:58 |只看該作者
Greentea3901:  not too much to worry.... They are doing second rounds which means there is a v high chance that there will be a space for you!

80#
發表於 12-2-3 10:44 |只看該作者
Sorry, not too familiar with EFS WKS.  If the 1st round is full already and some are on waitlist at the 1st round, why there is second round?  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題