密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 SFA vs Good Hope
樓主: angeljojo
go

SFA vs Good Hope [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 11-11-16 23:30 |只看該作者
In DGJS, only selected stds can attend the speech festival. Certainly, you can join through some centres outside by yourself. In SPCC, even you are selected, you need to have training outside by yourself. For SFA, my friend's son have no duty in the class even requested due to chance for  gifted std mainly , so now change to YWS, very happy and bright, more chances for him to learn.

22#
發表於 11-11-16 23:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 WCYH 於 11-11-16 23:30 發表
In DGJS, only selected stds can attend the speech festival. Certainly, you can join through some centres outside by yourself. In SPCC, even you are selected, you need to have training outside by yourself. For SFA, my friend's son have no duty in the class even requested due to chance for  gifted std mainly , so now change to YWS, very happy and bright, more chances for him to learn.

Change to YWS just because no duty in class? 唔係馬?
Studying at SFA and GHS can be happy and bright too.
By the way, the academic levels of SFA and GHS are certainly much higher than YWS.

23#
發表於 11-11-17 01:10 |只看該作者
If your child is  neglected in the class due to not the gifted std, all parents will be upset. I believe all children have their potential but may not be explored. I am the 伯樂 of my child, so she has chance to develop strength and become confident.

24#
發表於 11-11-17 12:36 |只看該作者
My friend of Education Bureau who has worked with SFA before. She told me SFA is an outstanding school in Hong Kong. Though the academic level is guite high, teachers teach students with love. She commented that students there can develop their full potential.

25#
發表於 11-11-17 15:57 |只看該作者
I think no need to argue. GHS & SFA have the supporters. just sharing the info here not competing. SFA is a good school because their teachers are putting a lot of effort in teaching the kids. GHS is also with high std but as told, not all students are allowed to join the outside competition and the teachers will selected those they think it is good enough to attend. as a parent, I think winning or not important but at least we should let our kids have the right to join if they want to.

26#
發表於 11-11-18 00:00 |只看該作者

回復 25# bau 的帖子

i agree. I think school should not reject a child from joining any competitions. It will do more harm than losing in a competition because this means teachers think you will definitely perform badly from the beginning. If you were the child, how would you feel. Teachers should give courage by telling that if you really want to join the competition, you should work especially harder as you are not speaking loud enough or you should pay extra attention to your pronunication. A shy child can become brave and more confident if he can learn from speaking in front of others. I don't mind training my child by myself but I do mind if a school reject my application. My son is studying at DBSPD. The children are welcome to join any competitions.

27#
發表於 11-11-18 10:21 |只看該作者

回復 26# tko-parent 的帖子

this is also why my friend think GHS is not as good as SFA. Kids need encouragement not discouragement. Winning or not is not the most important thing but we need to encourage them to join and build up their confidence. Even they loss, we can still teach them to accept losing because it will happens all the time when they grow. Today kids cannot afford to loss, we should train them this is not big deal and we should overcome it and take it easy. The main point is to try their best and take every opportunity.

28#
發表於 11-11-18 11:05 |只看該作者
非常非常贊成妳的看法!

29#
發表於 11-11-18 11:10 |只看該作者
If the school reject my child to join competition, I will join it through other centres. If she can win, I believe the teacher will choose her next year. If cannot win, just for build up the confidence, nothing to loss. Which school is better? No one can tell you. You will meet the caring teacher if you are lucky even not in the top school.

30#
發表於 11-11-18 11:51 |只看該作者
如果代表學校參加才得學校蓋章, 又可以理解喎, 學校無理由叫D麻麻地嘅出去代表學校比賽架!

如果真係想參加,咪自己報囉, 無mud問題啫, 無需要唔開心。

31#
發表於 11-11-18 13:04 |只看該作者
冇得選又煩.有得選仲煩.
如果淨比較小學及小朋友係讀書型同父母是有心有時間栽培型, 我傾向sfa .. 男女校,程度高.. 學費合理 .. 小朋友家庭背及理念相若
如果你唔怕六年後"再戰江湖', 就選sfa
否則, gh吧 !都是令人有信心保證的學校,好評劣評其實不用太在意 ...

我識幾個同事囝囡係sfa畢業,對學校有讚冇彈但强調no pain no gain ..我都相信 no free lunch

32#
發表於 11-11-18 15:20 |只看該作者
no pain, no gain
好pain唔一定好gain

路過搭嘴, 不是指某一間學校.

33#
發表於 11-11-18 15:32 |只看該作者
Youma,
It's not the problem of cost to stamp a chop to the application form to let GHS girls to join the speech festival but the limitation of time for those Chinese subject class teachers to give practise and advice to their students.  
If the school let all the girls to join so it will put great burden to the subject teachers. The teachers are impossible to give practise to all students within school time.
If you're not very familiar with the policy of GHS pls don't give too much comments to the school unless you've a girl study in GHS.

34#
發表於 11-11-18 17:09 |只看該作者

兩間都有Interview

小女兩間都有In, GH令我有點反感, 學校安排沒有顧及家長感受, 學校禮堂那麼大, 卻要家長在外面 "乾蒸", 小女考6間小學(St Margaret, CKY, KTS, KRS, SFA, Tak Nga) , 覺得蔡繼有, SFA, KTS安排都很好, 我的女兒面試後說, 最喜歡KTS, SFA的老師! 最後我選了SFA !!
BoBoWing

35#
發表於 11-11-18 21:58 |只看該作者

回復 33# menmen 的帖子

In SFA, they will send you a circular and notify you there are the speech or music festivals and you can enroll it through school, actually you will not count as absent if you enroll through them. My girl didn't get any training in school, it will not a burden to the school because you need to train yourself and the main pt is they encourage every student to join different kinds of competition as they know it is good for them to get the experience to speak out loud in front of a group of people. they are not asking you must win but they hope you can participate and learn from it even you get no prize

36#
發表於 11-11-18 22:22 |只看該作者

回復 1# bau 的帖子

if the school does not offer training to every participants and only offer to those "selected ones", then parents will complain too. Unless the school is fair to everyone ... i.e. no training to all!

37#
發表於 11-11-18 23:38 |只看該作者

回復 3# bobowing 的帖子

I remember GH set some tables for parents to fill in the questionnaire, did they ask u go away after fill in it?  

u pick SFA finally, is that meant GH also accepted your girl?  if not from GH kindergarten, you are very lucky.

38#
發表於 11-11-19 09:29 |只看該作者
it was few years ago and at that time no GH kinder. many people hold the seats until lucky draw and will release it because the school fee is quite expensive.

39#
發表於 11-11-19 10:39 |只看該作者
I appreciate SFA to provide great opportunities for students. During 2 times of interview, we met many present students to be helpers like giving no. cards for parents, giving announcement with 3 different languages, sharing school curriculum/ activities from English/ Mardarin Embassadors. I have never seen like this in other schools. SFA provided the practise and learning platform for students to meet other outsiders and parents. Those students are confident and polite to interact with us. I trust the school is a good school.

40#
發表於 11-11-19 23:47 |只看該作者

回復 16# homuimui 的帖子

just 路過,但真太不認同ED對香港教育所做的一切,所以.......

有感而發,SFA 對一些家長來説是比其他一般小學教得深,教得比人快,香港人精神:快人一步,理想達到.就像其他沒有中學的小學一樣(包括官小),一定非常吹谷學生來keep著成績,為增取入到band 1中學為己任,否則就沒有市場價值,甚至被殺校。

認識一些SFA家長,他們都是不停為子女孝插班到其他一條龍官津或私校或直資,我想學生和家長在小學幾年裡所受的壓力也不少。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題