用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF CAT2 K2學生會否落第ESF Primary?
樓主: lovelyteresa
go

ESF CAT2 K2學生會否落第ESF Primary? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 11-11-18 23:00 |只看該作者
But, when I read the newsletter, it's mentioned it's the 1st round interview, so do all applicants get replied letter next week?  Or it may happen with no replies?

42#
發表於 11-11-18 23:03 |只看該作者

回復 39# glorylove 的帖子

Does it apply to all esf primary schools?  Did the email sent out from primary school or ESF admission centre?

43#
發表於 11-11-18 23:15 |只看該作者

回復 1# karenchan99 的帖子

The email was sent from the admission center. I thought it would be the same to all ...or may be not. Don't worry, you will sooner or later get a email notification from the admission center, it might be a good one.

44#
發表於 11-11-18 23:20 |只看該作者

回復 4# glorylove 的帖子

yes, they place my child on a waiting list.

45#
發表於 11-11-18 23:37 |只看該作者
Did you apply RC or DC? Any news from that two PIS, I heard ESF will only give one interview offer, even you apply 1ESF + 2PIS.

46#
發表於 11-11-18 23:46 |只看該作者

回復 1# karenchan99 的帖子

yes, got email notification from RC that they have started sending out letters by post today (didnt mention the content in that letter is in their email though) and anyone that don't receive the letter by Nov 25 should let them know by email and they will call you right away. But again, I am not sure if every applicant has received such notification.

47#
發表於 11-11-18 23:55 |只看該作者
Good luck, hope you get a good new from RC soon.

48#
發表於 11-11-19 09:37 |只看該作者
I got an email that was sent out by BHS, not the central admission office.  And another email from RC saying literally the same thing.  A letter is mailed to us informing us regarding status of application / interview.  We also applied to DC but heard nothing from them.

I guess they were sending out letters yesterday.

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 11-11-19 13:59 編輯 ]

49#
發表於 11-11-19 09:38 |只看該作者

回復 45# karenchan99 的帖子

That's not true.  ESF n PIS are independent of each other.  So a child can actually be fortunate enough to have 3 interviews

50#
發表於 11-11-19 10:39 |只看該作者
BHS is also heavy oversubscribed this year?  My friend's kid was in other kinder, but got an offer from BHS last yr.

原帖由 lottieclee 於 11-11-19 09:37 發表
I got an email that was sent out by BHS, not the central admission office.  And another email from RC saying literally the same thing.  A letter is mailed to us informing us regarding status of interv ...

51#
發表於 11-11-19 10:40 |只看該作者

回復 49# lottieclee 的帖子

Yes, you are right...

52#
發表於 11-11-19 14:02 |只看該作者
原帖由 karenchan99 於 11-11-19 10:39 發表
BHS is also heavy oversubscribed this year?  My friend's kid was in other kinder, but got an offer from BHS last yr.

I am not sure whether BHS is oversubscribed this year or not.  The situation may be just as bad because it covers most of the K2 students from ESF TY.

I haven't had a chance to take a look at my mailbox to see if the letter has arrived yet.  I am trying to play it cool :-|.  But I agree that it's difficult sometimes.

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 11-11-19 14:19 編輯 ]

53#
發表於 11-11-21 14:53 |只看該作者
I hope the ESF primary such mom can answer my doubt regarding the cat 1 and cat 2.
Now my son is at  ESF K1 and he cannot understand Cantonese at all because I grow up in Singapore and both my husband and I talked to him in Eng. But he cannot get a Singapore passport and now he is a HKSAR passport holder. So is he in Cat 1 or Cat 2? actually I want to ask the prinicipal, but just don't know whether it's a stupid question.

Anyone can help? Thanks a lot.

54#
發表於 11-11-21 15:51 |只看該作者
I want to know how to identify the Cat1 or Cat 2, my son is studying in WKS ESF K1 now. My husband is born in UK and work in HK for long time, so he can speak some catonese too and I am from HK. And my son will talk to us in Eng most of the time.
Of course I hope he can study in SJS, but I know the chance is quite low. So how about RC(Ma On Shan), is it also difficult to get in?

55#
發表於 11-11-21 17:02 |只看該作者
CoP 18-5
Admissions Policy and Procedure

The Head of Student Support provided an update on the ESF admissions policy and procedure to members. Current prioritisations include applicants’:

• whose parent is an ESF teacher;
  • whose sibling is an ESF student;
  • who attended an ESF international kindergarten;
  • whose parent is an ESF employee;
  • whose parent is an alumnus/a; and then
  • other applicants within each category.
The Corporate Surety Scheme allows companies to reserve a place for the child of an employee through making a payment equivalent to up to six months’ fees. This scheme applies only to children newly entering Hong Kong from overseas at the beginning of the school year.

Members asked how the decision was made as to whether a child was Category 1 or 2. The Head of Student Support said that this was done the basis of the statement about the language spoken at home made by the parent on the application form as there was no way to effectively test an applicant’s primary language. In light of press reports, members were concerned that false declarations were being made by parents during the application process, however it was argued that there was no evidence to prove so. If there was good reason to doubt a parent’s statement, follow-up action could be taken to revise a child’s category and this did sometimes happen.

It was suggested that the applicant’s parents should sign a document stating that all the information they provided was truthful. If it could be proved that there was false information provided, applicants would immediately be removed from the waiting list.

It was pointed out that Board members are aware of the controversy regarding the lack of spaces within ESF schools and that the application process would be reviewed during the subvention process. It would be for Board members to decide whether changes should be made to the policy, but it was the officials’ ambition to eventually remove the category system altogether.

Statistics on the number of students who were permanent residents versus non-permanent residents were provided. Permanent residents were defined as children with one parent in the family holding a permanent Hong Kong ID card. Across ESF schools, the numbers varied, but on average, 68% were permanent residents and 32% were non-permanent residents.

Private independent schools do not currently have a category system in place, but permanent resident status is considered during the application process. It was questioned as to whether ESF primary and secondary schools could consider the system used by the private independent schools, as an alternative to categorisation.

It was clarified that ESF’s ordinance states that it exists to educate children in the medium of English who can benefit from such an education, and does not discriminate based on ethnicity.

It was pointed out that the category system was in place to simplify the admissions policy and it was questioned whether the interview process could be enhanced in order to validate the information that was provided.

It was noted that the problem with enhancing the interview process is the logistics of time as the interview process is quite extensive and requires the participation of teachers which may remove them from the classroom.

Members agreed that the current admission policy and category system would need to be redefined as there were problems with the system’s validity and workability. It would be desirable to remove the categories. Members agreed that one solution would be to enhance the interview process.

56#
發表於 11-11-21 22:39 |只看該作者
Mind you... I think they do test the categories declared by parents during the interview.  They said if they found out the parent lie on the application form, the child would be put at the end of the waiting list even if he passes the interview.

I don't know how they test the child though.

57#
發表於 11-11-21 22:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 jamhappybobo 於 11-11-21 14:53 發表
I hope the ESF primary such mom can answer my doubt regarding the cat 1 and cat 2.
Now my son is at  ESF K1 and he cannot understand Cantonese at all because I grow up in Singapore and both my husband ...

For your case, he should be in Cat 1, just go and ask the school, moreover, I learnt from a K2 mom that the kinder do test the kids whether they know Cantonese or not in the beginning of K2 this year.

58#
發表於 11-11-22 11:49 |只看該作者

回復 57# 蜜蜜 的帖子

Thank you for your reply.
But do u know how do they test ?  Because I think he might know some simple comment since he has a Chinese face , and other people around us do talk to him in cantonese.e.g have u eaten? And good morning etc. Usually he will just ignore them and sometimes he will  tell them " u need to speak English"

59#
發表於 11-11-22 12:03 |只看該作者

回覆 58# jamhappybobo 的文章

Seems that they simply ask the kids "do u know Cantonese?" and if your kid can respond like "you have to speak in English." then it is good enough.

60#
發表於 11-11-22 12:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 lottieclee 於 11-11-21 22:39 發表
Mind you... I think they do test the categories declared by parents during the interview.  They said if they found out the parent lie on the application form, the child would be put at the end of the  ...

Just want to share my case. My kid is in ESF K2 now and she is trilingual kid (includingenglish+cantonese) kid. Teacher told us that we must report truly that she can speak cantonese . I followed and i got 3 interview letters(including 2 DC+RC)just now.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題