搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Unsettled emotion
查看: 14943|回覆: 107
go

Unsettled emotion [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-10-17 10:01 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
This is the most difficult part - WAITING
I  check with this page if not every minute then its every other minute. Hoping to hear the news of someone getting 2nd in letter/ call. its a tough time for the mommies ..... I am telling myself to calm down already... : (
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-10-17 10:09 |只看該作者
SFA明天會收到第二次面試資料, 小兒第一次有面試結果, 好緊張

3#
發表於 11-10-17 10:32 |只看該作者
Same feeling.  And the other difficult part is try to not reflect the emotion to the kids...

4#
發表於 11-10-17 10:37 |只看該作者
mmjchung, very true. whenever I looked at my daughter, my mind would think "where will she be going next year?"

5#
發表於 11-10-17 11:06 |只看該作者
Share so much with your thoughts.

6#
發表於 11-10-17 11:07 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 11-10-17 11:12 |只看該作者
They know that we are worried too. My daughter told me yesterday that she was ready to go for other interviews since she didn't like the ones she'd been.

Sigh..... I thought "only if one of them accepts you..." but I said "will see"

8#
發表於 11-10-17 11:36 |只看該作者
我的分享, 其實大家唔需要太緊張, 影響小朋友最唔值得. 讀到 '名校' 果 D 真係好多都唔係咁叻既咋.  人生既路咁長, 幾百個英文生字或者計多幾條數又點, 到某個階段終於大家拉平, 都係識咁多, 早 D 遲 D 因人而異.  個人認為除非個小朋友有 學習障礙要特別處理, 五歲人仔好似大人咁幾 rounds 去面試競爭, 唔係好 make sense, 只不過既然個 game 係咁玩就照玩啦, 盡左力就只要平常心好了.  最可惜就係如果學野變成考試工具, 咁細個就 kill 左學習既樂趣, 真係得不償失架.

細路仔自幼培養信心同自尊, 重有解難既能力, 至係最重要.  我識好多傳統名校出黎既人, 咪又係咁...可以重因為背左呢個包袱, 以為要識既野前半生學晒, 出黎做野經唔起挫折.  講彈性韌力, 比一般人可以重低.

純屬個人意見.  總之祝大家如願以償, 小朋友個個開開心心.

9#
發表於 11-10-17 12:52 |只看該作者
yes, my son also little bit worry and ask me that is there 2 school not accept him?  
i said yes, then he keep silent.  anyway, i will tell me that don't be mind.   

Because I also think that my son is clever one and this is just a little time interview and cannot say he is success or not in future.

10#
發表於 11-10-17 12:54 |只看該作者
Totally agree with eugenebb!

11#
發表於 11-10-17 14:51 |只看該作者
same here, i took 3 weeks of annual leave just becos i want to attend all the interviews with him, plus school exams are coming up... i check the mail box every afternoon! even the security guard downstairs knows that i am expecting for letters, and he will ask the postman each day for me , if there are any registered mail....he is so kind...!! i was just talking with my relative yesterday, and i asked them, do u think other mothers are the same like me, so paranoid and nervous , worrying everyday... thanks for putting up this post, so i know that i am not the only one and i am still normal....haha

12#
發表於 11-10-17 15:46 |只看該作者
Wallpaper: I am glad I am not the only one. A burden shared is a burden halved.

After looking at other responds, I am persuading myself to stay calm for this week since it will be the end of October that the schools will send out 2nd interview mail.

If there is any news, I will definitely let you know!!! Good luck!

13#
發表於 11-10-17 15:51 |只看該作者
yes, it's easy said then done, everyone says things like that, no need to worry, relax, they are being nice, but it's not so easily done...maybe i am generally the nervous type , adrenaline rushes all the time... haha

14#
發表於 11-10-17 16:23 |只看該作者
Same thoughts here.  I have many preparations before hand just to find out there are so many smart children outside.   I think every candidate is smart.  I started to think of getting the top school now to an average one.   Recently I am just asking for a school

15#
發表於 11-10-17 16:28 |只看該作者
yup,not greedy. Just any ONE of them accept him is enough for me...hhehehe

16#
發表於 11-10-17 16:31 |只看該作者
Its scary to see how much the other kids remember about their interviews and mine just named a few contents. I am hoping to get her to a not very competitive school however its already very competitive just want to get a space!!!

17#
發表於 11-10-17 16:37 |只看該作者
i don't know any one school that is not competitive nowadays, all the private and DSS school has so much applicants, the birth rate is at it's peak!  honestly, we, mothers are the greatest, we are the stress absorber... and we try not to pass it to our kids...we should pat each others on the back and give ourselves credit for the good work that we have done...!!

18#
發表於 11-10-17 16:53 |只看該作者
I am thinking about 聖士提反書院附屬小學. Hearing that their environment is very warm and acceptance. However, reading their posting just now, applicants actually have to copy words from white board, then I know my daughter won't get it. She is supposed to have eye glasses but she hasn't get used to wearing it yet!!!

19#
發表於 11-10-17 17:08 |只看該作者
b4 the interviews kicked off, my assessment about my son was.."He is quite ok.  At least compared to myself when I was below 5 yr-old.  He knows tons more than I did.  He speaks English and Mandarin though not fluently.  He can read simple English books with words such as "snif", "dinosaurs", "get", "want", "happy", "seabed", "friends" etc.. What did I know when I was 5?  Nothing comparable than what he knows today! Yet after a series of interviews, I now know what he knows is really nothing compared to what other kids know!! So, yes guys, "scary" is the right word to describe the current situation.

20#
發表於 11-10-17 17:14 |只看該作者

回覆 19# 度峰山 的文章

exactly here.  I thought my son was ok.  should be at least have a place for second round if purely look at the school academic, but he is a very 慢熱 person, very 被動.  He can not show any outstanding performance during such 30 minutes interview.  He has gotten all reject result so far.  He does not have any feeling on reject or accept, he does not even care the result, he is just a kid.  but for parents? we are very sad and disappointed.  Always thinks why the education systems like this?  why their chance of getting these famous schools are just depending on such short interview.  :(
‹ 上一主題|下一主題