用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 就讀香港中學的"名氣"對報英國中學有影響嗎? ...
發新帖
查看: 2819|回覆: 9
go

就讀香港中學的"名氣"對報英國中學有影響嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-10-7 11:29 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
兒子讀名氣不算很高的直資新校, 有朋友說如果打算送他到外國升學,應轉他到傳統名校, 那些 St.乜乜 比較好, 因為在海外比較出名,校長較喜歡收,是真的嗎? 有沒有家長可分享經驗? Thanks
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-10-7 14:15 |只看該作者
是真的, 某些英國學校是會看你在香港讀什麼學校的

3#
發表於 11-10-8 12:48 |只看該作者
這樣的英國學校比例多嗎?值得為這在港轉校嗎?

4#
發表於 11-10-8 14:21 |只看該作者
ranking 高的私校,会想收香港名校生,以保障gcse and a-level 的成續.
曾經幫阿女的學校 在香港招生及考試時做义工,英國老師問我考生名單的學校是 否名校,---有名校亦有中文中學學生.
不過最重要是學生本身的成續,如果學生成續好,做入學試題時不差,加上面試時表現好,考到機会便大一些

teresat

5#
發表於 11-10-8 19:54 |只看該作者
According to my experience, most top notch traditional HK schools teach very little both in academic and ethic terms and the philosophy of these schools just let the students studying by themselves.

These traditional schools run as like as success businesses which only praise elite students with outstanding performance either in academics, music or sports. For average students, these schools don’t put effort in teaching them at all or even imply that these average students should not be admitted by them. So I don’t think worthwhile for your child changing to some traditional famous schools unless your kid has an outstanding academic performance in the present school.

For UK top notch schools, their rankings are based on public exam results. So it is very worthwhile to send your kid there by all means in order for your kid standing higher chance to be admitted to the top notch U.

However, I don’t think that studying famous school in HK stands higher chance in getting into famous schools in UK. My friends’ kids studying in the famous traditional schools like Dxx or Lxsxx even do not have chance to sit for the entrance exams of famous UK schools since they do not have the good school reports or academic results in HK.

原帖由 teresat 於 11-10-8 14:21 發表
ranking 高的私校,会想收香港名校生,以保障gcse and a-level 的成續.

不過最重要是學生本身的成續,如 ...

6#
發表於 11-10-9 21:49 |只看該作者

回復 5# CPU1995 的帖子

My friends’ kids studying in the famous traditional schools like Dxx or Lxsxx even do not have chance to sit for the entrance exams of famous UK schools since they do not have the good school reports or academic results in HK.

As devil advocate, how about students with excellent academic results plus ECA from those elite schools?

I attended an admission seminar in a local elite school conducted by Cambridge University in 2009. The admission officers told us that he planned to visit 10 schools in HK, they are elite schools, IS and LPC.

I asked him why? They have track record of those index schools ..........

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 11-10-9 21:55 編輯 ]
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

7#
發表於 11-10-9 23:09 |只看該作者

回復 1# ANChan59 的帖子

Personally, I don’t admire the teaching method of most local elite traditional schools. The teaching method of these schools are more suitable for the elite students rather than the average ones.

For Oxbridge and the elite boarding schools, they would admit the elite students from the elite local schools but not the average one.

8#
發表於 11-10-9 23:15 |只看該作者

回復 7# CPU1995 的帖子

You don't like their teaching methods, that's fair enough. But you can't use another end of to spectrum to justify your argument. That's my point.

Elite schools more for elites, average studnts stick to local good schools may perform much better in elite schools.

If an average student apply a top notch UK schools or universities..... Wrong matches again.

9#
發表於 11-10-10 11:47 |只看該作者
It is absolutely true that certain top English schools favor students from certain top Hong Kong schools (this applies not just to local schools but international schools as well).
However, it doesn't mean that they will accept just anyone from those schools.
For example, Cheltenham Ladies' have been accepting many DGS girls for years but it doesn't mean that any DGS girls can get in - CLC will still only choose the best ones.
I guess it is perfectly reasonable that if DGS girls have done well at CLC in the past, then CLC will look upon future applicants from DGS more favorably.
But the name DGS on its own is not enough, the applicant herself will still need to perform well to be accepted.

10#
發表於 11-10-10 12:19 |只看該作者

回復 9# peter_pan 的帖子

Peter

Pls reread, CPU1995's initial post. I just highlight his conclusion is questionable. Using an average student as example to draw his conclusion.

I used Index Schools in HKU, CUHK & HKUST admissions as example. Why not every schools, it's unfair to other students? Think about it....

ANChan59
‹ 上一主題|下一主題