ym403 寫道:
如果不喜歡 MCS, 就不會在自行分配學位時選它。
但為甚麼最後會放棄?是不是有更好的選擇?
聽說學位最後給了後補的SC學生。

3#
發表於 04-12-8 09:45 |只看該作者

Re: 聽說有人放棄 MCS 自行分配的學位

ym403,

I am not sure whether you are talking about my case. My daughter did got accept by MCS in the 1st round but finally we didn't register. However, the  school we registered is not DGJS.

4#
發表於 04-12-8 10:41 |只看該作者

有架。

有人會怕小六達唔到全級80名內怕上唔到中學會選直資

亦有怕讀傳統教學會去選讀國際school或新式學校
Msma

5#
發表於 04-12-8 10:54 |只看該作者

WaWamom,

So which school you have registered then?  I believe it would be a private or DSS ?

6#
發表於 04-12-8 11:36 |只看該作者

WaWaMom

Pls let us know the reasons why you give up? Thanks for sharing?

7#
發表於 04-12-8 13:30 |只看該作者

First of all, I have to state that MCS is a good school.

Reason to apply:
I wer told that if you don't submit P1 allocation form to a public school in the 1st round, your kid is not qualified get into the 2nd round. That's why I have to submit the form in case there is no private or DSS school accept my daughter, just for safe. Choosing MCS because it is a Catholic school (my husband's family is Catholic for 3 generations) with a nice campus and quite close to where we live.

Reason to reject:
My daughter got accepted by a DSS which some parents may not think it is a good one.  We haven't even thought about high school issue yet as no one know when will be the policy changed after a few years.

Like most parents, my hubby and I did analyse our daughter's character and target several private and DSS schools that fit her the most (for sure, no school is 100% fitted a kd). Moreover,we discussed with many of our friends (some teachers, some are parents of MCS and parents of the schools we targeted) and get general pictures of each school's pros and cons.

On Nov 15, we were happy to know that the DSS accepted our daughter. We didn't even borther to check the result of MCS. Until my friend (whose daughter is currently a P1 MCS student) told me that our daughter got a seat in MCS. My hubby insisted the DSS. Me, as a female, begun to struggle when people keep saying something like you are so silly giving up MCS/your daughter is so lucky accepted by MCS. That couple days were a hard time for me. Finally, made up my mind after my husband asked me the following questions:

1. What kind of school life do you think it would fit our daughter? Which one do you think your daughter would enjoy and benefit the most?
2. MCS is a dream school of most HK parents = a dream school of our daughter?
3. Since MCS has pretty high expectation for their students, are you sure you won't force our daughter to achieve it and we are still able to keep a harmonic parents-child relationship.

Up to now, I can't tell whether we have made a right choice. Let see.

8#
發表於 04-12-8 13:53 |只看該作者

WaWaMom

Thanks for your sharing.

To me and my family, MCS is our dream school. We like it more than DGS. That's why I feel very surprised that someone would give up the MCS seat. All of us would give the best for our children. To me, MCS is the best; to you, your DSS would be the best (or most suitable) for your girl.

On the another side, I guess the parents (whose girl gets your MCS seat) would be extremely happy.

王國長老

9#
發表於 04-12-8 14:24 |只看該作者

大家真的要了解什麼適合自己的子女,因為父母應該最清楚自己孩子的能力及對學校的適應度。不要盲目追逐入讀名校,我覺得wawamom的先生在這方面的堅持是對的。
我仔學校有同學將會退學,聽說是媽媽及孩子都受不了....我兒子沒什麼問題,很開心、很喜歡上學去。我不是說那孩子有問題,只是各人的適應能力不同,傳統學校可能不是真的適合每個小朋友,孩子真的不會好受...

10#
發表於 04-12-8 14:29 |只看該作者

WaWaMom,

真是好父母,你們的女兒真有福.

11#
發表於 04-12-8 15:24 |只看該作者

WaWamom,
You're a great mom.     

12#
發表於 04-12-9 00:06 |只看該作者

十分尊重!尤其同意

> 2. MCS is a dream school of most HK parents = a
> dream school of our daughter?

13#
發表於 04-12-9 12:40 |只看該作者

WaWaMom,

我諗你搞錯左喇, 唔參加第一階段一樣可以參加統一派位架.

如果淨係申請第二階段"統一派位", 只須於2004年9月13日至2005年1月14日期間, 將填好既申請表交回"教育統籌局學位分配組", 學位分配組會於 2005年1月份發信俾只為子女申請統一派位的家長, 通知佢地係指定日期內去所屬網內既收發中心, 辦理選校手續參加統一派位.

其實唔清楚/唔肯定既, 應該打去教統局問問, 或上網瀏覽都好方便.

14#
發表於 04-12-9 12:54 |只看該作者

My friend turned down the acceptance of MCS(mother is a old girl) & St. Paul.    His daughter got into 寶血會xxx near their home because they don't want much pressure.   

Not this year,  2 years ago !!

15#
發表於 04-12-9 13:07 |只看該作者

Thanks Jessica. I got the brochure which is distributed by my daughter's kg and it did state what you said.

However, when I called Education and Manpower Bureau, the lady told me I have to enter the 1st round if I want to go the 2nd round. So, finally, I had to take a day off and went to Home Affair Bureau to get the form (as I didn't know where I put the form that was given by the kg) and submitted to MCS. Maybe there is a misunderstanding between me and her.

Anyway, I agree that it is my fault and I should check it carefully before proceeding.

16#
發表於 04-12-9 13:21 |只看該作者

Thanks for the support. I think every parents would try to give the best to their child.

If you were I, what would you answer?
(D=my daughter, M=myself)
D: Mummy, why I have to copy the same word so many times for homework?
M: That's a way to learn and it ensures that you won't forget in the further.
D: In other words, if I copy the word once and can remember for many years, is that mean I don't have to copy so many times then?
M: Am... you are partially right. However, teacher doesn't know who should copy once and who should copy many times. So, to make sure all students remember the word, everyone copy the word many times.
D: You better call up the teacher as it is unreasonable. If I copy each word just once, then, I can learn more words. Now, I spend so much time just to learn one word. What is the purpose of going to school? To learn or to copy?
M:......

17#
發表於 04-12-9 14:57 |只看該作者

WaWa Mon

You are a really great mum and your husband is a great dad.
[img align=left]http://www.fx-word.com/img1/20070115/1168850504I.gif[/img]

18#
發表於 04-12-9 15:02 |只看該作者

wawamon,

excuse me, would you kindly to let me know what school of your daughter "DSS", sorry for my simple question.

123mama

19#
發表於 04-12-9 15:32 |只看該作者

WaWaMom:
聰明又可愛的女兒!
很好奇妳之前替她選了什麼類型的幼稚園, 現在又替她選了什麼樣的小學呢?!
在某些學習上的確會有如此令人困擾的情形出現. 女兒正學習鋼琴, 對她而言, 現階段的簡單曲子她已會彈了 (這時的曲子的確單調又無趣), 但學習上要求的可能不只是看譜及拍子掌握, 在做到這些之後, 老師會更進一步要求 "手勢"... 無非都是想打好基礎, 不過對女兒而言, 她可能一點成就感也沒有, 只覺得被要求是因她彈得不好, 對於要重覆練那些單調的曲子也開始顯得興趣不大! 但其實她音感很好, 也喜歡天馬行空彈琴的...
在學習上, 我想是要取一個平衡的, 機械式的默背抄寫不可取, 但根據神經細胞的刺激連繫理論, 三、四遍的 "刺激" 對大部分的人保持較長久的記憶應該是必要的
我仍在思考怎麼樣的小學才是適合女兒的, 希望日後可看到更多如妳般的家長的意見

20#
發表於 04-12-9 15:53 |只看該作者

WaWaMom,

原來係俾"教統局"d人誤導, 佢地可能費事煩啦, 多做多錯少做少錯卦, 我朋友同我提過, 佢係選校前有d事唔清楚, 都打過電話去查詢, 但朋友話聽電話個人問非所答, 答唔到想佢知清楚既事, 朋友話自己睇本小一入學指南好過, 教統局既人都唔清楚, 都唔知政府請佢地返黎做乜  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題