搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 由本地學校轉往國際學校後的轉變
查看: 15119|回覆: 43
go

由本地學校轉往國際學校後的轉變 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-9-27 09:47 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本地學校學習方式:
1. 要死記很多東西 / 在短時間內背誦很多東西, 例如親戚/家人之間的關係, 抽象得很!
2. 數學教得太快, 沒有透徹理解一概念下, 便,要跳到另一概念!
3. 中文要寫的東西很多, 要學的也很多, 很多時太重視死記了!! 較少應用!!

孩子轉了國際學校後變化很大:
1. 愉快學習
2. 學習沒有壓力
3. 在生活中學習

孩子常常要寫東西, 但沒有壓力下寫JOURNAL 或DAIARY, 他很享受, 也很生活化. 功課成為樂事!

數學方面: 概念分析得很細小, 每星期一個小概念, 容易掌握.

本地教學和國際學校真的大不同. 請有興趣的家長分享一下
   4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-9-27 17:49 |只看該作者

回復 1# scl227 的帖子

似乎你也变成一个轻松愉快的妈妈, 恭喜!

3#
發表於 11-9-28 02:56 |只看該作者
請問你轉左變間?學費一年要多少,我女女都要搵小一好頭痛

4#
發表於 11-9-28 04:25 |只看該作者
sleepless..

P1 admission is a torture for parents in HK

5#
發表於 11-9-28 04:25 |只看該作者
where is your kid studying now?

6#
發表於 11-9-30 12:27 |只看該作者
korean international school,

一年八萬,

雜費不多,

但有心理預備, 孩子所學到的東西要細心一點才能見到, 但很適合我的孩子.

最喜歡是在日常生活中學習, 要學的東西, 在不知不覺間已學習了.

7#
發表於 11-10-8 01:26 |只看該作者
would u mind to share your reason of such change?
:-D :-?

8#
發表於 11-10-8 10:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 scl227 於 11-9-27 09:47 發表
本地學校學習方式:
1. 要死記很多東西 / 在短時間內背誦很多東西, 例如親戚/家人之間的關係, 抽象得很!
2. 數學教得太快, 沒有透徹理解一概念下, 便,要跳到另一概念!
3. 中文要寫的東西很多, 要學的也很多, 很多 ...

如果本來是小二,咁在適應上€會有困難嗎?

9#
發表於 11-10-9 22:28 |只看該作者
I think it really depends on the kid himself/herself.

My girl has changed from a competitive local school to an international school.  So far, I can see is:

Pros:

- She is more independent (perhaps she likes the autonomy of being a secondary student).
- She is happy to do charity (of her own accord).

Cons:

- She spends too much time on the computer and I cannot control at all as it's a means of communication used by the school and she has to do research, do homework etc.  However, I know she will turn to her facebook and skype when I am away from her desk.

- She does not take "assessment" as seriously as before and therefore does not study hard (or even did not study at all).  She says quizz, assessment etc are not formal tests and no need to be serious. She used to have 7,8 pages in one test with time limit of say 45 min to 1 hour and she just told me today that she felt bored now since she finished her assessment early and had to wait for a long long time.......

On and off I do have moments wondering whether I have made a wrong decision.  I really have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that at present it's the period for her and for me to adapt to a new system.

10#
發表於 11-10-10 08:46 |只看該作者

回復 9# Chole 的帖子

I have the same feeling as you since my son joined the International School in (Shek Kep Mei).  I was planning to send my son to UK/USvery soon, that's why I wanted to help my son to adjust the learning environment before going to UK/US.   He recently finished an entrance test in learning center for those kids would like to apply for UK or US for further study. His scores were much much lower than before when he studying at the his local school.  Honestly the teachers and the kids at our International school also n

[ 本帖最後由 mattmame 於 11-10-10 08:55 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 11-10-10 09:03 |只看該作者
not good, the teacher using mobile phone and playing Facebook all time! I am still on the waiting list of other IS, I am worrying whether he can get the place or not if he has no improvement!  I am planning to add extra lessons to improve his English and Math standard!  Too much money to spend!!!!

12#
發表於 11-10-10 16:49 |只看該作者
  1. mattmame,
  2. Could you please pm me which school your son is studying now? I am also considering to switch my son to an international school in the same district.  I was wondering if I would make a wrong choice.  Many thanks.
複製代碼

13#
發表於 11-10-29 03:00 |只看該作者
My daughter changed to sc1227 son's school this year from local school too. She looks more happy and wants to go to school everyday.
In the local school, she didn't want to do homework everyday. She always cry in school and home. Once she said none want to play with her. I try to ask teacher in parents day, the teacher reply me that "your daughter writing, pick up, doing the test paper... did anything so slow, so none want to play with her is normal! Did you prefer your friend working very slow's or working very fast?"

In that moment....I want to XXXYYYZZZ her but I haven't. I only went to look another school for my daughter because I know she will not happy in her coming 6 years.

Although she still work not too fast but she can finished all the homework in joy.

I'm so happy, she just came back from 3 days camp today, she looks much happy in these 3 days with her classmates and teachers.
Thank you this school and the teachers gave my daughter these wonderful school life!

14#
發表於 11-10-29 13:28 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

15#
發表於 11-11-2 00:26 |只看該作者

回復 1# iseult 的帖子

Totally agree to iseult.
Will you apply your elder daughter to your little daughter's school because I want to move my son to my daughter's school but I don't want to give up my son's school (almost like your situation.) Do you have anything share? Thank you!

16#
發表於 12-1-10 16:03 |只看該作者
Hi everyone, I am now struggling whether I should send my son to international school.  Thanks for all your sharing so that I can have some ideas on what the change will bring.

My son is now in a very competitive DSS, Pr. 3.  I totally agree with all your views that we do not have any family time, not even in long holidays, such as Christmas or Easter, since assessments are always scheduled after those holidays.  More importantly, I found that he is getting problems in catching up with the curriculum now.  Recently, I found that he may have some learning deficiencies, which makes him even difficult to catch up with the intense work load of local schools.  As we planned to send him overseas for higher secondary education, we're thinking may be we should send him to international schools earlier to let him get familier with the system, and may be he could study more comfortably in such environment with his deficiency.

I just wonder how long did your child take to get used to the learning environment?  Do you know whether it will be more difficult to adapt if he entered IS in the middle of the primary school years?  Both hubby and myself were from local primary schools and we do not have much experience in IS.  Would much appreciate if anyone could advise.  Thanks.

17#
發表於 12-1-10 16:35 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 WYmom 於 12-1-10 16:36 編輯

回復 EllieTo 的帖子

From my experience of my kid - My child switched from Grade 3 of local school to Year 5 of IS many years ago.  She took about half a year to adjust.  No problem in Maths, but need to do a lot of reading to catch up with the English standard.  Studying in IS is a lot more interesting for her than in local school, particularly in Science, as IS teaches Science in a much more practical and interesting way, no need to memorise anything hardly and no need to go through tests and exams all the time in primary school.
If your child get accepted by the IS, he should have no problem in adjusting to it, only parents may have problems as you have to let go more and allow the child to do things more independently.

18#
發表於 12-1-10 18:00 |只看該作者
回復 WYmom 的帖子

WYmom,

Thanks for your reply.  6 months is not too bad.  I'm now trying to make applications to some IS.  I don't know the chance of getting in and if they did accept my son, it will be a very big change for our whole family, as studying in IS has never cross our mind since we put him to KG education.  I just hope that our life could become easier, and my son could build up self-confidence from such a change.

19#
發表於 12-1-10 18:24 |只看該作者
回復 EllieTo 的帖子

Wish you good luck.  Yet also remind you that workload in IS secondary school will be much increased if compared to IS primary.  Same as in local school, they have to study over 10 subjects in secondary and also have tests and exams... and they also have to join different activities etc.  The most important thing is that your child enjoy school life and improve himself based on self-assessment rather than comparison with others.

20#
發表於 12-1-11 23:08 |只看該作者
YuisumMum 發表於 11-10-29 03:00
My daughter changed to sc1227 son's school this year from local school too. She looks more happy and ...
Wow that local school teacher definitely deserved you "XXXXYYYZZZ" her with that kind of attitude and comment! What has some teachers come to?? They really shouldn't be in education.. actually shouldn't have that attitude at all in the first place.

Anyway yeah, as someone who went to a local primary school, then an international secondary school, I totally understand what your kids are going through and the change is quite big. All the "pros and cons" you all listed are all true to some extent. I did find it much enjoyable after the switch and made me more outgoing, but at the same time there was a lot of distractions, so some discipline's needed.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題