用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 WKS ESF kinder Vs Anfield!
發新帖
查看: 5240|回覆: 13
go

WKS ESF kinder Vs Anfield! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-9-20 12:26 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
any WKS ESF kinder or anfield parents can tell more about both kinders? my friend sent her boy to WKS ESF just now and consider to transfer him to anfield due to some reason, since my child is not even K1 yet so i cant give advice to her, can anyone help?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-9-20 19:21 |只看該作者
if your friend's target is Shatin Junior or RC, then she better stay at WKS ESF.  If your friend's target is KJS, it's no difference.  As no cat 2 in WKS has interview chance in KJS last year except those with siblings in KJS.

3#
發表於 11-9-20 19:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 bbirene 於 11-9-20 19:21 發表
if your friend's target is Shatin Junior or RC, then she better stay at WKS ESF.  If your friend's target is KJS, it's no difference.  As no cat 2 in WKS has interview chance in KJS last year except t ...

bbirene,

How about BHS?  Any WKS Cat 2 students got interview last year? Thank you for sharing.

4#
發表於 11-9-20 19:41 |只看該作者
Sorry I don't know.  But so far I didn't hear anyone has offer in BHS as most people in WKS are in the zone of SJS. So they will only need to choose SJS or RC.  As I know, only a few people got the offer in KJS and Clearwater bay cos they have siblings there.  In my son's class (WKS), 98% got the offer in SJS or RC last year.  That's only my experience, I just want to share and I don't have any bias in WKS or Anfield.

5#
發表於 11-9-20 20:01 |只看該作者

回復 4# bbirene 的帖子

bbirene,

Thanks for your reply.  Coz my child is in K1 of WKS this year and we belong to the BHS' catchment so would like to know.

6#
發表於 11-9-20 20:30 |只看該作者
If ur target is ESF primary, better stay in WKS

7#
發表於 11-9-21 01:28 |只看該作者
my friend told me her son seems to behave less discipline at home after he went to WKS, so she is thinking if this is due to the long free play there... buts sounds good if 98% of WKS students can go to ESF or their PIS primary!!

8#
發表於 11-9-21 10:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 ramen 於 11-9-20 20:01 發表
bbirene,

Thanks for your reply.  Coz my child is in K1 of WKS this year and we belong to the BHS' catchment so would like to know.

i can say that most (or all?) Cat.2 non-silbiling ESF kinder children got "waitlist interview" in BHS last year.

9#
發表於 11-9-21 10:17 |只看該作者
My girl is now in K1 of WKS, she loves the school much and enjoys the class everyday.
She is more independent than before and I don't see her less discipline.
My girl studied in local international nursery school before, that's why I can see the differences and her progress.

10#
發表於 11-9-22 22:11 |只看該作者
My friend is now considering to let her boy to stay for a term and see how it goes.... as i heard from school tour that ESF primary will send someone to first screen the applicants before offering the playdate interview, do anyone know that if anfield still have such arrangement from ESF? since i heard from my friends that in previous years, ESF primary do send someone to first screen applicants at anfield as well as KBCK!!

11#
發表於 11-9-23 09:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 suzanlai 於 11-9-22 22:11 發表
My friend is now considering to let her boy to stay for a term and see how it goes.... as i heard from school tour that ESF primary will send someone to first screen the applicants before offering the ...

Yes. Years ago they did.
I learnt that as long as there are enough applicants from a kindergarten, ESF primary and PIS will plan a visit there.
But please note that, visiting the kindergarten does not mean that u will have a higher chance for granting an interview offer.
For example, u are in Cat. 2 non-ESF silbling applicant (from any kindergarten, ESF or non-ESF kinder) applying a ESF primary. U will be asked to join the so-called "pre-screening session" at school when BHS teachers coming to your school. But end up you will not be granted an interview offer just because most Cat. 2 non-ESF silbling & non-ESF kinder applicants are at the end of the admission queue.
ESF primary and PIS strictly follows their admission priority stating in their website.

12#
發表於 11-9-23 16:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 suzanlai 於 11-9-22 22:11 發表
My friend is now considering to let her boy to stay for a term and see how it goes.... as i heard from school tour that ESF primary will send someone to first screen the applicants before offering the ...

According to what the ESF ppl claim.... if there are more than 12 applications from a kindergarten to a particular school, they would send someone to the school for classroom observation.

13#
發表於 11-10-6 16:57 |只看該作者
yes.  i also have the same feeling that my daughter behaves less discipline after she goes to ESF WKS this Sep.  But it is very obvious that her english improves a lot!

14#
發表於 11-10-12 01:10 |只看該作者
my friend told me that her son claimed that he is feeling unhappy at home and he rather go to school full day becoz he can play whatever he like and teachers will not forbid him from doing this and doing that, and will not instruct him doing this and doing that .... (as my friend does not allow him to watch TV over an hour and requires him to tidy up his lego after playing)
as i am attending playgroup with my girl at anfield, seems like anfield is more structured and discipline than ESF kinder, anyone comment?
i just dont want to draw any conclusion to affect my friend's decision of switching to another kinder!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題