搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 choice of talent class
發新帖
查看: 2126|回覆: 13
go

choice of talent class

發表於 11-9-2 22:01 |顯示全部帖子
hi all!
I got a form about Brazilian Soccer today. It seems the course would be the at the same schedule as the talent class. So, if the students choose joining that team, it means they won't go to the talent class?! And would it be a continuous courses?

Will we have other choices other than this soccer team?
Is the normal talent class free of charge?

Thanks!

發表於 11-9-3 11:46 |顯示全部帖子
My son joined the normal talent class (free of charge) in P1.  There were about 5 classes for each type of activities and they can be all very different - fencing, basketing ball, martial art, chinese opera, chinese painting etc..  You cannot choose the activities but your child can get a taste of all of them..   For my son, he didn't like the arrangment cos 5 classes are just too short for the activities that he likes but too long for those he doesn't enjoy at all.

He joined Brazilian soccer in P2 and he likes it a lot.  It's a continuous course all through the school year (pay 2 times a year) and up till P6.  Brazilian soccer has an annual soccer tounament.  It was held at SMC last year - SMC students competed with other International school students and it was real fun.

You won't be able to join the free talent class if you opt for Brazilian soccer.

發表於 11-9-3 22:04 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your info, CPLA,
Perhaps I should allow my girl to join the talent class first. She would love to try different activities. She always wants to learn fencing!
Will the talent classes be taught by the school teachers?
Are there a lot of girls joining the  soccer team?? I don't mind if my daughter wants to join it as she always likes boy activities and likes playing with boys. However, I am worried that she would be the only one and feel lonely if there are only boys around (not many boys would like to play with girls) in the future.

原帖由 CPLA 於 11-9-3 11:46 發表
My son joined the normal talent class (free of charge) in P1.  There were about 5 classes for each type of activities and they can be all very different - fencing, basketing ball, martial art, chinese ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-9-4 11:59 |顯示全部帖子
cpcog,
my girld said she also wanted to try soccer this year. . .  she's still struggling between taking talent class or not coz there may be chance she would have magic or rope skipping lesson this year.  She said it "an extremely hard decision".  She have not made up her mind yet :>

發表於 11-9-4 12:49 |顯示全部帖子
Laputa,
When should your daughter make the decision? It must be a hard choice for her.
Can students choose to have soccer once only and then go back to talent class??
It means some girls love soccer too.  :) However, will the competition divided into boy and girl groups?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-9-4 15:03 |顯示全部帖子
CPCOG,
I ask her to make up her mind tonight.  Since the soccer program last for Sept to Dec only, I think they should be able to go back to normal talent class.  I have no other info as to the soccer team, though.

發表於 11-9-4 15:45 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cpcog,

we didnt hv this form......i wonder why?  are u p1?

發表於 11-9-4 21:28 |顯示全部帖子
Laputa,
When can the students know what they are going to have for talent class in that term? I think they should know it first before making the decision about joining the soccer or not.
Anyway, I hope she would enjoy her choice at last! :)

原帖由 Laputa 於 11-9-4 15:03 發表
CPCOG,
I ask her to make up her mind tonight.  Since the soccer program last for Sept to Dec only, I think they should be able to go back to normal talent class.  I have no other info as to the socce ...

發表於 11-9-4 21:29 |顯示全部帖子

回復 7# suewong 的帖子

We got the form on Friday, Suewong. You are right that my daughter is in P1. Maybe your will get the form on MOnday.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-9-4 21:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cpcog 於 11-9-4 21:28 發表
Laputa,
When can the students know what they are going to have for talent class in that term? I think they should know it first before making the decision about joining the soccer or not.
Anyway, I ho ...

I forgot when it's out last year.  You better ask General office to see schedule this year.

發表於 11-9-4 21:38 |顯示全部帖子

回復 10# Laputa 的帖子

Is it able to have the answer from them??
Anyway, I think we won't join the soccer this year.

發表於 11-9-7 08:57 |顯示全部帖子
I also let my son to attend the free talent classes, and find his favourite.

發表於 12-7-10 15:58 |顯示全部帖子
There are girls soccer team ??

點評

Web  無. 因為唔係咁多女仔揀"巴西足球".  發表於 12-7-10 16:09

發表於 12-7-10 16:14 |顯示全部帖子
What a pity