密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Chance of local stream K2 to IS, e.g. SIS PY1
查看: 4150|回覆: 27
go

Chance of local stream K2 to IS, e.g. SIS PY1 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-8-31 11:50 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My daughter is studying at Victoria. She will be K2 (4 yrs old) this September, I would like to send her to IS so I need to apply for her this year. (yep, my mind changes after she has studied at Victoria for 2 yrs, I hope it is not too late)

My girl's English is not strong enough compare to those kids from real international kg (e.g. Anfield, ESF). But I still want her to try. Of course, I have already enrolled her to intensive English class.

Can anyone give me some advise? Is the chance very low for this kind of K2 kids?

SIS is one of my target as I heard that they can keep high Chinese standard.  My other targets are RC/ JIS/ BHS.

Thanks.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-9-1 15:14 |只看該作者
有無小朋友都係讀local stream 幼稚園既媽咪, 响K2 幫佢地報IS  Year 1 又收左呢? 係咪要英文好勁? 可以分享一下嗎?

3#
發表於 11-9-1 17:10 |只看該作者
我見到victoria既primary allocation list有小朋友入左SIS

4#
發表於 11-9-1 17:51 |只看該作者
Like other international schools, competition into SIS intensified for entry into this academic year. I guess it will even be more competitive for next year. Language whether it is English/Mandarin/ or both is the most important differentiating factor. I hope it helps.

:)

5#
發表於 11-9-1 17:54 |只看該作者

回覆 3# cherrieyan 的文章

No problem!
My boy and his classmates applied IS and they all got offers (SIS,SJS, BHS & RC) We're in year 3 now.

6#
發表於 11-9-6 23:03 |只看該作者
sorry, 呢幾日開學加報名, 而家先得閒上黎.
iamworkingmama: 以我所知victoria 個primary list只係show K3 升上P1既名單,如果由K2 上IS 既list 我好似未見過. 我諗果個小朋友一定係好叻而且出面有好多補習先考到.因為維記裏面大部份時間都係講中文.

Radiomama, 可以分享一下你仔仔的經驗嗎? 你仔仔係讀local stream kg? 有無出去再補英文?

7#
發表於 11-9-7 00:06 |只看該作者
我囝囝前年曾經係Victoria, K1 bilingual class 的學生,K2就無讀去咗SIS 讀PY1.  由於SIS interview 只係見我囝囝,我都唔知佢問乜野(我個囝乜都話唔知)。不過我囝囝之前讀的playgroup 同 N班都唔係Victoria, 而係其他幼稚園的International stream, 班入面一半以上都係外國人,所以說英語係無問題,其次係我有請private tutor教佢英文。

8#
發表於 11-9-7 13:03 |只看該作者

回覆 7# debby1328 的文章

Debby1328, thank you for your sharing. Oh I think I've put wrong entry year in the heading. My girl should apply PY2 of SIS next year or P1 for other IS.
But no matter which, I understand that it is very competitive to get an offer If I am not enroll since K1.
Still thinking whether or not to apply SIS thought this is one of my targets....if it is too difficult or almost no chance to get in, don't want to waste that high application fee.

Dear Mamis, do you think I should change a school (to int'l kg) for my girl immediately, so that she will have higher chance to get offer from IS? Will it be a high risk?

9#
發表於 11-9-7 14:33 |只看該作者
Debby1328,

請問你囝囝上Victoria 的bilingual class, 係咪Eng/PTH? 如果係, 請問佢係咪以英語為主而唔會講廣東話?

10#
發表於 11-9-7 15:23 |只看該作者

回覆 8# cherrieyan 的文章

其實IS主要係用英文為溝通語言,我覺得佢哋最大的考慮係小朋友的英語能力而唔係國際又或者本地幼稚園。丨

11#
發表於 11-9-7 15:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 cherrieyan 於 11-9-7 13:03 發表
Debby1328, thank you for your sharing. Oh I think I've put wrong entry year in the heading. My girl should apply PY2 of SIS next year or P1 for other IS.
But no matter which, I understand that it is v ...

If i were u, i would not consider changing school now.
RC may grant you an Year 1 interview offer. DC and ESF primary - almost 0% if you are non-Cat 1, non-silbling and non-ESF kindergarten.
SIS, JIS - no idea.

I have never thought that those application fee were "wasted" because it is the rule of this game.
Even if you get all offers you applied, most application fee are "wasted" because u can only choose one school.
Good Luck!

12#
發表於 11-9-7 15:30 |只看該作者

回覆 9# iamworkingmama 的文章

佢地係課堂上以普通話+英語爲主,唔會講廣東話,但係大部份小朋友都係講廣東話,所以我個囝講廣東話都好咗!

13#
發表於 11-9-7 15:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 debby1328 於 11-9-7 07:30 發表
佢地係課堂上以普通話+英語爲主,唔會講廣東話,但係大部份小朋友都係講廣東話,所以我個囝講廣東話都好咗!

因為我比較緊victoria既英普班同tutor time邊間好, 我想為bb 既英文打好根基去考IS既K1

我係屋企同佢講廣東話架, 所以呢方面我唔擔心

14#
發表於 11-9-7 23:53 |只看該作者

回覆 10# debby1328 的文章

yes, you are right. 但無可否認國際幼稚園可以提供一個較佳既英語應用環境比小朋友,對小朋友既英文溝通能力有一定幫助.

15#
發表於 11-9-8 00:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 11-9-7 15:28 發表

If i were u, i would not consider changing school now.
RC may grant you an Year 1 interview offer. DC and ESF primary - almost 0% if you are non-Cat 1, non-silbling and non-ESF kindergarten.
SIS, JI ...

because the application fee for SIS is relatively high....My girl is very shy,that makes me worry so much about her performance in an interview, even I think she is smart....she can understand English very well, she can even speak very fluent but only to those she is very familiar, not even her school teacher...so...quite worry.

16#
發表於 11-9-8 00:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 iamworkingmama 於 11-9-7 15:49 發表

因為我比較緊victoria既英普班同tutor time邊間好, 我想為bb 既英文打好根基去考IS既K1

我係屋企同佢講廣東話架, 所以呢方面我唔擔心

我個女返維記返得好開心,不過裏面有90%以上既小朋友係講cantonese,遊戲時間,搭校巴,茶點時間,小朋友之間都係用中文.如果小朋友母語唔係英文,又或者無出去再補,我個人覺得唔夠上IS囉.
tutortime 就唔知.

17#
發表於 11-9-8 08:30 |只看該作者
I guess it is quite difficult to get into PY2..  Not that many student will quit, except the expatriate of Singaporean go back to their country. However, the vacany will be given to the queue of Singaporean. Maybe you can call them to understand the chance. If not good, apply in P1, the class size will be increased by 2, with some will be transferred to other IS. At least 10 avaliable.  But the interview is tough, with Chi, Eng and Math paper exam and interview with the teachers for at least 1 hour.  Hope this information can help you. Sometimes, I think you never try, you never know. Good luck.

18#
發表於 11-9-8 10:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 cherrieyan 於 11-9-8 00:06 發表

because the application fee for SIS is relatively high....My girl is very shy,that makes me worry so much about her performance in an interview, even I think she is smart....she can understand Engli ...

95% children are shy in front of strangers.
U have to believe that teachers are professional.
There is nothing you can do and Worried does not help.
What you need now is a chance of interview. Step one is submitting an application form.
You may not be called for an interview in 2 or 3 years (or never) for those famous school but everything can be done should be done if you strive for IS education.
Studying in IS in Hong Kong is never a easy route for local parents. Good Luck.

19#
發表於 11-9-8 10:44 |只看該作者
我仔由n班到k2都係讀THINK international,但係好多人話佢係假的international,因為佢有最高%的本地人讀.咁算唔算?佢入左cais的k3.
is我地只考過cais及rc,其實is主要考小朋友英文,個人覺得性格活潑的入esf的學校較有優勢.
我仔能仔細講出兩校interview的過程,rc考的是模擬堂,有個老師講故事,講完開始兩個小朋友兩個小朋友的問返故事內容問題,其餘小朋友玩其他玩具.到我個仔時是最後果pair.期間得一個老師問問題,同時觀察其他小朋友玩玩具.
我問個仔咁除左問問題時有同你講野,仲有冇其他機會同你講野,佢話冇.
我覺得可能在玩的過程中佢會計分好多,但我仔好乖好守規矩的,咁樣考佢可能冇其他人咁突出,因為佢冇咁活潑囉.最後考唔到rc,入左cais.

20#
發表於 11-9-8 11:08 |只看該作者
Thank you for your sharing everyone. I totally understand that English is the main factor for IS.

So, apart from submitting application form, will look into the chance of transfering her to other IS kinder. btw, she will have an interview in this week
‹ 上一主題|下一主題