搜索
教育王國 討論區 升中派位 Queens vs La Salle
發新帖
查看: 5129|回覆: 14
go

Queens vs La Salle [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-8-19 17:02 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Can anyone advise what the admission criterion for these schools? Any requirements for academic achievements, sports, music etc? Personal interviews very important? My boy may be marginal, being quite top at a DSS school, but maybe not too competitive in case of fierce competition for entry for these schools. Any advice to share?
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-8-20 05:42 |只看該作者
皇仁書院今年收取的學生之中,除成績好之外,九成以上都參加過奧數比賽,或一些全港數學比賽而獲得獎項的同學。其餘一成都是一些於較冷門的項目於校際或全港賽的獲獎同學,例如跆拳道,劍擊等。今年灣仔區共收了六十多名同學,跟皇仁提供給此區學額相約,而軒少上下午校共佔去40名學生。即是皇仁於自行收生方面是傾向不選本區學生,盡收外區精英。外區收生方面,以單一學校計算,今年田灣始南小學都算大豐收,共5名學生進入皇仁。僅後於本區的軒小,聖雅各和華仁。跟據李校長透露,皇仁書院是傾向選取各校的頭一、二、三名的學生,再經面試後取錄。但有學校考第一的會不被取錄,所以面試時之表現十分重要。
面試方面,由於時間短,所以小朋友要盡量要在短短5分鐘之內表現出來。佢地會要求小朋友看圖用英語說故事,中文簡單的閱讀理解,看完後由老師發問,最後用中文問你一些身邊會發生的事情。但千萬千萬記住,一定要有禮貌,其他都係標準面試時的要求,例如笑容,自信心,盡量講多d,老師都係睇你有沒有表現。臨走就記得講goodbye。(舊年我都花了很多時間在練習一些以為會問的問題,例如,介紹自己,點解揀你地間學校呀,大個想做乜呀,理想係乜呀,等等.....,點知一條都冇問過)
今年將軍澳區都有應該係5個同學仔入皇仁,所以不論那區,如果同學在學校成績好好,加一些數學比賽或體育比賽的獎項,面試有信心的,不妨在自行階段試一試。(如果是一般學校,留意有沒有其他同學會有相同選擇,因為好多時會兩個只能活一個,我們不是要知己知彼嗎!)
至於喇沙書院,由於不清楚喇沙的情況,還是留待其他人作答吧。
祝你們好運!

3#
發表於 11-8-21 12:19 |只看該作者

回覆 1# fallenleaf 的文章

Very useful information and thank you for sharing.

4#
發表於 11-8-21 23:45 |只看該作者
喇沙主要取錄兩類人:
1. 在校考頭三名,英和數要特別好, 面試要表現大方.
2. 體育要全港比賽頭三名, 同時喇小又剛巧沒有這項目的頭三甲精英. 通常喇沙會透過總會教練推薦.

若果只是樂器勁, 其他一般, 應考dbs; 喇小近年來音樂方面已突飛猛進, 連年報捷, 人材鼎盛, 中學可以不假外求.

[ 本帖最後由 youma 於 11-8-23 22:32 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 11-8-22 14:55 |只看該作者
very useful info, thx for your sharing.  
都好難入喎. 如果最後連面試都無機會, 咁咪浪費咗個自行位囉?

原帖由 fallenleaf 於 11-8-20 05:42 發表
皇仁書院今年收取的學生之中,除成績好之外,九成以上都參加過奧數比賽,或一些全港數學比賽而獲得獎項的同學。其餘一成都是一些於較冷門的項目於校際或全港賽的獲獎同學,例如跆拳道,劍擊等。今年灣仔區共收了六十多名同學,跟 ...

6#
發表於 11-8-23 19:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 fallenleaf 於 11-8-20 05:42 發表
皇仁書院今年收取的學生之中,除成績好之外,九成以上都參加過奧數比賽,或一些全港數學比賽而獲得獎項的同學。其餘一成都是一些於較冷門的項目於校際或全港賽的獲獎同學,例如跆拳道,劍擊等。今年灣仔區共收了六十多名同學,跟 ...

fallenleaf, looks like your son is going to F.2. How do you and your son like QC?

7#
發表於 11-8-25 19:26 |只看該作者
兒子今年升中一。原本兒子是有點抗拒的,因懼怕在競爭激烈的環境下同學會變得自私和自我。但上年我們參觀了好多學校的開放日,兒子發覺QC的學生在某程度上較為主動和自由,同學間玩得好開心,所以較喜歡這種生活。
另方面我都要多謝隔離皇仁中學交流版的家長,佢地提供了第一手的學校資訊,以日記形式記述了學校生活的點滴,亦間接令兒子由懼怕變為喜歡!

8#
發表於 11-8-26 11:46 |只看該作者
恭喜你.
可否講講貴公子如何入到qc, 如等第x, 貴校有多少人到qc, 課外活動, 音樂奬, 數學奬......等.
謝謝.

原帖由 fallenleaf 於 11-8-25 19:26 發表
兒子今年升中一。原本兒子是有點抗拒的,因懼怕在競爭激烈的環境下同學會變得自私和自我。但上年我們參觀了好多學校的開放日,兒子發覺QC的學生在某程度上較為主動和自由,同學間玩得好開心,所以較喜歡這種生活。
另方面我 ...

9#
發表於 11-8-26 19:03 |只看該作者

回覆 4# youma 的文章

Surprise me, many LS boys claimed their talents are home grown..... why they still admit sports and music talents like DBS, of course, DBS also has some home grown talents.

So LS and DBS are the same.......
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

10#
發表於 11-8-26 23:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-8-26 19:03 發表
Surprise me, many LS boys claimed their talents are home grown..... why they still admit sports and music talents like DBS, of course, DBS also has some home grown talents.

So LS and DBS are the same ...

Not the same.

LS rarely admits pure music talents.
For sports, some (not all) of brilliant sportsmen in LS come from outside and who are top in HK.
Almost all brilliant sportsmen in DBS come from outside.

11#
發表於 11-8-27 00:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 youma 於 11-8-26 23:32 發表

Not the same.

LS rarely admits pure music talents.
For sports, some (not all) of brilliant sportsmen in LS come from outside and who are top in HK.
Almost all brilliant sportsmen in DBS come from ...

How to check the sportsmen come from which primary school or secondary schools in HK?
How come you are so sure about "For sports, some (not all) of brilliant sportsmen in LS come from outside and who are top in HK.
Almost all brilliant sportsmen in DBS come from ..."

12#
發表於 11-8-27 01:28 |只看該作者
Hardly the same. La Salle never admits athletes from other secondary school. They train their students from Form 1 and that's why they claim their athletes are home grown. However, DBS poaches athletes from other secondary schools at ALL A, B & C grades. Sure they did have their own home grown athletes too, but without the poached talents who are among the top in their sports, I wonder if they can capture the Bauhinia Bowl for years.

原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-8-26 19:03 發表

So LS and DBS are the same ...

13#
發表於 11-8-27 10:01 |只看該作者

回覆 12# siufu 的文章

Thanks for your detail explanation. I saw DBS admitted most sports talents at F1 or G7 level, I think not many from other secondary schools, I know Law Yi Ting..... Can you share any other talents proached in secondary school?

I listen to the unheard. DBS has sportsmen came from other secondary schools other than F1 admission, wild guess 3-5 out of ~1400 students. LS is none ....... So how many LS sportsman came from other primary schools at F1? If none, I respect LS even more .......

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 11-8-27 10:17 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 11-8-27 10:22 |只看該作者
Education is education, not sports and music. I will pick QC as both are no need to pay school fee, QC marginally better than LS academically.

If your kids have other talents and will be needed by LS (below F2 level, because of home grown reason), go to LS.

15#
發表於 11-8-27 16:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-8-27 00:38 發表

How to check the sportsmen come from which primary school or secondary schools in HK?
How come you are so sure about "For sports, some (not all) of brilliant sportsmen in LS come from outside and w ...

Public information. You can ask any one LS boy.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題