教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 其實St. Cat是否真的好嗎???
樓主: kcheng1328
go

其實St. Cat是否真的好嗎??? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 12-2-17 11:46 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bb@wonderland 於 12-2-17 11:48 編輯

Hi momo627,
For K1, you do not need to be too worry about the courses (academic related) to join after class. Of course, you can take some interest classes, as it is good for kid to explore their interests: such as drawing, swimming, music-related etc.

If you want to strengthen his language, you can start learing PTH in K1, mainly focus in conversation.

For Cambridge starter, you need to reach age of 5 in order to take the exam in Hong Kong. So even your kid is a big kid, it will be K2 things to consider.

For Enopi Maths, suggest start at K2, when your kid  can manage writing and counting numbers.

Do more reading with your kid, both Chinese and English, it helps a lot.

Enjoy the time in K1.

If you want to discuss in details, you can pm me.

momo627 發表於 12-2-9 00:29
Finally my hb picks SC. But I am headache on the playgroups

My son is accepted by St. Catherine pm  ...

42#
發表於 12-2-18 01:29 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 momo627 於 12-2-18 01:39 編輯

Hi, bb@wondertand

thanks a lot for giving me advice and I have pm you my questions.
Thanks again for your sharing and please pm me your advice and experience and share with me. Thanks a lot.

43#
發表於 12-2-18 01:38 |只看該作者
hi, HiPi, thanks for your advice.

I am not worry about English as it is heard that students studing in SC is good.

Just The Cambrdge test, but you mention it is easy. So do you mean SC's teaching menthod or textbook is more difficult?

and you mentioned"數學因出去學 Enopi 所以不是跟學校的程度", I don't know hwat is Enopi, is it another type of system that does not match with SC's teaching so we have to learn outside.

So we have to spend a lot for leanring extra cost. Would you mind letting me know how about around for your extracurriucular activities inclduing some academice one. Also please recommend me some good school so that I can take a look and see and don't miss the enrollment date.

44#
發表於 12-2-18 08:11 |只看該作者
momo627 發表於 12-2-18 01:38
hi, HiPi, thanks for your advice.

I am not worry about English as it is heard that students studing in SC is good.

Just The Cambrdge test, but you mention it is easy. So do you mean SC's teaching menthod or textbook is more difficult?

and you mentioned"數學因出去學 Enopi 所以不是跟學校的程度", I don't know hwat is Enopi, is it another type of system that does not match with SC's teaching so we have to learn outside.

So we have to spend a lot for leanring extra cost. Would you mind letting me know how about around for your extracurriucular activities inclduing some academice one. Also please recommend me some good school so that I can take a look and see and don't miss the enrollment date. ...
hi momo627

SC's teaching method  / textbook are not difficult, I think they encorage the students to learn English on activity based.  The kids have more chance to use English in their studies and daily life.  If kids want to take Cambridge exam, parents still need to help the kids to do spelling.

For Maths, I think SC kids will like E.nopi (the system is originated from Korea) more than Kumon.  Exercises are more interesting as the exercise book use colour print with comics and cartoons.  But like Kumon, E.nopi will require kids do a lot of maths exercise in a progressive way.

Extracurriucular activities are not a must, depend on what do you want your child to achieve, or what primary school you want he/she to study.  The final decision is up to parents.

Finally, rather than give you suggestions on school selection, I think you should be the one know your child, worth to do some work and drill on the school background, parent comments and philiosophy, then select the school you think right for your kid.   

45#
發表於 12-2-18 20:38 |只看該作者
回復 momo627 的帖子

agreed with SCKnight,

SC's English "text book" is not deep at all, basiclally only oxford reading tree, which I think most of the kids already can read that before teach, but the other activities / worksheet  will help them to familar with English communication.  Eg,  today is the parents day, some of the kids back to school with parents, in the classroom I saw them talk in English / PHT alternatively whereever they like.  That is quite natural and many of them are native speaker (parents are English speakers)

I believe cambridge test somehow can reflected a kids ability in English, but the Starter Level  is quite simple, u can learn more when u check fm the related website.  I think the most difficult part is about the spelling, which need time for kids to familar.  Additional course for this test seems not so attractive..

Enopi Math, as SCKnight explained, is just another math course.  Kids can learn at their own speed so sometimes kids can learn a bit faster than kinder's course.  But Enopi and SC's math are similar, both are in English.   On the other hand, I start to worry a bit by use to English Math, if those primary are teaching
Math in Chinese, then will need some time to adjust in this summer.  

46#
發表於 12-2-19 01:24 |只看該作者
SCnight. thank you so much for your comment.

sorry I am not quite sure about the Maths one, you mean the E.nopi is the maths system used in SC, no need to go to other school ? or there are school outside for K,nop? Why is it important? Is it also essential and good for students and provide certificate to show one's abiltiy. I know understand Kumon is too hard for student and give them pressure by doing too much exercise, thank so much. but everyday I see many kids having classes there (as there is one branch near my home).

Thanks a lot again.

47#
發表於 12-2-19 01:40 |只看該作者
HiYI, thanks also for your comments, which is really useful. So they used to talk in Englsih /Pht in normally daytime when met in school? As we are in Eng/Cantonese class, just worry about PHT so wonder if we need training.

Fof cambridge test, I am really stuipd in computer so I know every litte website and my friends all haven't do this kind of "exercise", so I only ask one friend who is serious with her daughter's training and that's why I only know ABC Pathways. Any tips for other good school?

Spelling, so the school will let student read the words from cards or books or talk when chatting so they know how to use and its meaning but they won't request them spell the word. Is it really that some parents said there are not much homework and exercise even for K2 and K3. How would you do? will you do more courses for him or do you think what is taught in the school is adequate.
Enopi Math, so no need to worry but yet need other school to train it up fo this system, right? but will the kid mix up the 2 system used here and in schoo>

I am too old so at my age all course expect Chinese, Ethics are taught in English. So many primary schools use Cantonese or Eng as media for teaching? Oh, my god, even I used to use Eng, my Eng is not good enough So the govt policy for using mother language is not good. I really had hard time in P1 and cried when doing homework and test for Chinese course and books in school. But Eng and Maths are super easy.

Please let me know more about SC as I really have no information found in BK and really can't find SC's student moms to share their experience with me, and thanks a lot.

Also, how do you and your kids feeling about the school, the teacher, his/her confidence in acdemic studies, etc? I wish my son will have happy school life but as he is a naught and active boy, sometimes my hb thinks we shouls stay in York so as to force him to folow instruction (it is our headache), and SC sounds more relaxing, but let kids to have space to have innovative and t creative thinking. And York will do all Cambridge Eng test, math test training during school time and additional courses in school so no need to find school outside and he can finish all clasess inside its campas and back to home by school bus (take pm school bus), so really a hearache to choose. But all parents tell me I must chooce SC as it is good, but no one can tell me how good, in what way, which acdemic field, ethics?

Sorry asking too much, Thanks once again

48#
發表於 12-2-20 12:27 |只看該作者
HiYI, thanks also for your comments, which is really useful. So they used to talk in Englsih /Pht in normally daytime when met in school? As we are in Eng/Cantonese class, just worry about PHT so wonder if we need training.
>>>As I know Eng/Can class hv some PTH time, but detail better check with school,

Fof cambridge test, I am really stuipd in computer so I know every litte website and my friends all haven't do this kind of "exercise", so I only ask one friend who is serious with her daughter's training and that's why I only know ABC Pathways. Any tips for other good school? >>>  u can check the normal book store , there hv some cambridge exercise / mock test, so u can hv more idea of that test before finding a center if needed.

Spelling, so the school will let student read the words from cards or books or talk when chatting so they know how to use and its meaning but they won't request them spell the word. => school hv some cards / worksheets to let them to, I think the way SC taught is not like primary school, they are in more relax way.  

Is it really that some parents said there are not much homework and exercise even for K2 and K3. How would you do? will you do more courses for him or do you think what is taught in the school is adequate. >>>compare wtih KV / Keenmind SC hv less writting job I think, parents will go for diff course outside , try to polish, like Speech in PTH / ENG , in order to win some prize. That is very common in each kinder, not only limited to SC I think.   My son also hv additional class in English outside, basically for grammer stuff, he hv class with primary students (P1-P2 kids).  
Enopi Math, so no need to worry but yet need other school to train it up fo this system, right? but will the kid mix up the 2 system used here and in schoo>>>   No, Enopi just like Kumon, but without too much repeat work as Kumon, there of course hv other Math System u can learn, but Enopi / Kumon are quite popular in HK I think.   SC 's math is not Enopi (Licensed), but the content is more less similar, if u want your kids to learn faster than school level, may choose other additional Math course outside.  Otherwise SC's math is ok for primary I think.

Also, how do you and your kids feeling about the school, the teacher, his/her confidence in acdemic studies, etc? I wish my son will have happy school life but as he is a naught and active boy, sometimes my hb thinks we shouls stay in York so as to force him to folow instruction (it is our headache), and SC sounds more relaxing, but let kids to have space to have innovative and t creative thinking. And York will do all Cambridge Eng test, math test training during school time and additional courses in school so no need to find school outside and he can finish all clasess inside its campas and back to home by school bus (take pm school bus), so really a hearache to choose. But all parents tell me I must chooce SC as it is good, but no one can tell me how good, in what way, which acdemic field, ethics?  >>> My son love his school like most of the kids do, he is super active too, but can get OK performace in most of the assessment, so I think the school is rather tolerate to him.. ha ha.. SC don't hv much extra course (unless some paid course in Sat, but we didn't join as no time),  I hv arranged most of the extra cost at spare time after school as most of the mom do.  But I am not demanding, just hope he can enjoy diff activities like swim / ball games etc.   Hope that help.  

49#
發表於 12-2-21 07:29 |只看該作者
really thanks for your detail explanation. thanks again

50#
發表於 12-2-22 09:59 |只看該作者
想請問SC家長, 你地覺得SC課程深嗎? 我一直覺得KV會深過SC很多, 不過有朋友對我說她比較兩者, 覺得SC同KV一樣, 功課量KV比SC多一點點, 所以我想上來問問SC家長!

多問一句, 你地覺得小朋友在學校學過既野洗唔洗番屋企溫先至識? 定係學校已經教到小朋友好入腦? 希望唔好意思我咁樣問, 謝謝!

51#
發表於 12-2-22 11:00 |只看該作者
porporchi 發表於 12-2-22 09:59
想請問SC家長, 你地覺得SC課程深嗎? 我一直覺得KV會深過SC很多, 不過有朋友對我說她比較兩者, 覺得SC同KV一 ...

多問一句, 你地覺得小朋友在學校學過既野洗唔洗番屋企溫先至識? 定係學校已經教到小朋友好入腦? 希望唔好意思我咁樣問, 謝謝! >>>

This depends on children's learning ability and whether they concentrate in the class or not. Also, if you are attending course outside or not.

52#
發表於 12-2-22 22:14 |只看該作者
porporchi 發表於 12-2-22 09:59
想請問SC家長, 你地覺得SC課程深嗎? 我一直覺得KV會深過SC很多, 不過有朋友對我說她比較兩者, 覺得SC同KV一樣, 功課量KV比SC多一點點, 所以我想上來問問SC家長!

多問一句, 你地覺得小朋友在學校學過既野洗唔洗番屋企溫先至識? 定係學校已經教到小朋友好入腦? 希望唔好意思我咁樣問, 謝謝! ...
個人覺得KV操得好勁。中文學嘅嘢KV會比SC深。雖然週末數目兩間都差不多,但平日功課量SC拍馬都追唔上。

除非小朋友天資聰敏,否則絕對有需要同小朋友溫書。尤其係中文。

我都想小朋友喺學校已經學晒啲嘢入腦,但係喺三個多小時嘅上課,仲要有大部份嘅時間係活動,我唔會咁樂觀相信番到屋企唔駛溫書。

53#
發表於 12-2-23 12:41 |只看該作者
KV K2 都寫好多字, 小朋友寫得好好.    SC K2唔覺, 識寫不過不會好特出.   所以中文一定是KV 學得快些多些,   K3的中文我就不覺SC 是特淺, 都有長句子同些較深/ 少用些的字要識 (識讀, 不是全部要求識寫) .   

數學就未必,, KV 我都識不少人讀公文 , 同SC 多人讀Enopi 一樣.      

SC 要成績好 (評估 5分都取) 中文如 SCKnight 說要溫. 我都有, 不過不會用太多時間.    英文/ 數學我就冇咩同佢溫過, 一般都可以有5分.. 不過唔覺SC 有排名, 大家都係睇番自已的上下學期評估為主.     KV 聽說是有的.  

我覺得KV 小學化, 對小朋友的要求較嚴 如校車不可以談話, 女孩子冬天不可穿襪褲等, 聽話的小朋友比較好些, 我有教過KV 的小朋友, 佢地會等老師的指示一步步去做, 且做得好. 感覺是受教的多.        不過好似我個d 好自主的小朋友在SC 的發揮會在SC 好些.  比較少規範, 老師介紹左一些主題, 小朋友通常樣樣都想試下, 不排除有時都會做多錯多, 只要家長不是太介意, 亦是好事.  感覺 KV / SC 家長大家的要求不太一樣.

54#
發表於 12-2-26 17:01 |只看該作者
Let's me share with my experience.  My girl went to SC, and now she is studying in one of the top traditional school in Kowloon.
The work load in SC is reasonable, which does not make the kid hate to learn, whereas, my girl loves to learn and to dig the knowledge herself.  I meant not " the canned learning".  I was also very worried when she was in P.1 when dictation came, yes, she needed some time to adapt.  The most important thing I would say, she understands and can absorb well what is taught in class.  
I had never let my girl to take any math or English course outside, except in summer.  She can quite easily pick up the Eng math and Eng GS in P1.
However, I admit that you need to learn and know a lot of thing when having the P.1 battle.  The kids have to learn well advance to gain the advantage.  It is very painful for the kids and parents.  Most of these "knowledge" are indeed are taught in primary school.  Our school is using the English text book one year ahead, but most of her classmates from SC do not have
problem.
In short, I am pleased with SC curriculum and happy learning environment.  The kids love to learn and are not being pushed too hard, unlike other school, they needs to write very neatly even tough their little muscle are not well developed.  I believe the principle that the learning path is long term, not 揠苗助長 和殺雞取卵

55#
發表於 12-3-1 05:54 |只看該作者
wow, thank you so much for mummys' sharing, we understand more about SC and know what we should do and most important thing is: my boy will enjoy his school life.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題