發表於 11-7-22 00:32 |只看該作者

回復 1# ac917 的帖子

聽說現在比較喜歡九龍的英文小學......

5#
發表於 11-7-22 00:44 |只看該作者
聽說自行收生階段多數收九龍D英小學生, 或其他小學既優異生, 仁立 & 仁紀就等統一收生時收, 因為佢地係聯繫學校

6#
發表於 11-8-1 11:27 |只看該作者
Any chances if boy comes from Kowloon school like LS and DBSPD ?

7#
發表於 11-8-7 20:22 |只看該作者

回覆 1# csonliuson2000 的文章

My friend's son used to study in DBS Primary School and is admitted to Lam Woo Secondary School.

8#
發表於 11-8-8 11:24 |只看該作者
Wan 2010,

Does your friend's son has a greater pressure ? Because everyone including the teacher/ classmates may expect him to get a high score in every subjects. It would give me some invisble pressure.
I do not like DBSPD so would let my son to leave when after his P6.

9#
發表於 11-8-10 11:01 |只看該作者

聖公會林護紀念中學

就算係仁立 和 仁紀學生,都要成績好那批才能入林護,競爭非常大。

10#
發表於 11-8-12 11:13 |只看該作者
Wan 2010,

Can you tell me about your son's friend concerning my point ?

11#
發表於 11-8-12 21:44 |只看該作者

回覆 3# csonliuson2000 的文章

I think the boy has to perform well in DBS if he does have a rich family background.
For my friend, she even quited from her job to help the son to get to DBS P1. But now the gap in DBS between rich and poor becomes bigger and sometimes it has been over than the school result. Hence, my friend's husband made such decision and really hope to provide a study environment to the son instead of comparing the financial support only.
I personally support this and I shared the same view. And it's really a good news that he has been admitted by Lam Woo for F.1 in the coming year.

12#
發表於 11-8-13 10:36 |只看該作者

回覆 8# csonliuson2000 的文章

Students from Lam Woo come from a variety of schools.  Don't worry that teachers and other classmates will pay special attention to your boy especially if your boy starts there at F.1.  He is just one of the students.  A certain number of students may be No.1 in P.6 in their own primary schools.  Students there actually do not care which primary schools you come from and may not just play with classmates from the same primary schools as Yan Laap or Yan Laap Memorial don't dominate the seats, not like other secondary schools with their own primary schools.  Yan Laap and Yan Laap Memorial are only assoicated schools.  The principal there doesn't give particular favour to their associated schools as she has already said that the standard of two associated primary schools is not high enough for their secondary school.

In term of discipline/conduct, I think Lam Woo is much better than most boys' schools.  If your boy is a kind of "good" boy who is obedient and well-mannered, I think he'll like the school.  I appreciate that Lam Woo requires every student in F.1 to learn IPA.

[ 本帖最後由 gigivinda 於 11-8-13 11:37 編輯 ]

13#
發表於 11-8-14 09:51 |只看該作者
Does anyone know if Lam Woo is concerning about "Other Activities" besides academic?  Do they have Student Union, Sports Clubs etc.....
I am very interested in this school ( of course it is not easy to be admitted), but I am wondering if they are really Study...Study....Study...only!!!!
Would some one tell me more inside environment, please?  Thanks a lot.

14#
發表於 11-8-14 19:04 |只看該作者

回覆 13# ccl 的文章

1. if Lam Woo is concerning about "Other Activities" besides academic---YES. Especially music.

2. Do they have Student Union, Sports Clubs etc.....-----YES but their 'sports results' are relatively weak.

3.From my understanding, those top-ranked  students are also active in extracurricular activities

15#
發表於 11-8-15 10:45 |只看該作者
Thanks all  information for Lam Woo School.
Can anyone help me to answer me what is IPA ?
May be I would like to tell you more about my son in DBSPD. Of course it is my comment. It is subjective. Please do not attack me even if you do not agree.
My son is quite good in school from the academic point of view. Of course not the first 3 in the same grade but I think he can be admitted by Lam Woo if he is lucky. DBSPD has many rich students that has an intention to leave DBS in Form 2 or 3. Many examples already so these kind of rich students have  NO intention to study hard and no need. So it really affact the whole class studying environment so I have an intention to leave.
From my idea Lam Woo is a good school, not so many rich students. But I still have so concerns as many hard working students in this school and certainly it has some super class in each grade. So I guess many students would like to work hard as to enter these super class so not much students may like to attend any ex-class activities.
Please share your comment on it no matter it is good or not so good.

16#
發表於 11-8-15 17:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 csonliuson2000 於 11-8-15 10:45 發表
Thanks all  information for Lam Woo School.
Can anyone help me to answer me what is IPA ?
May be I would like to tell you more about my son in DBSPD. Of course it is my comment. It is subjective. Plea ...

What I would like to say is:  Lam Woo would put priority to study while those traditional elite schools may encourage students to skip classes just for the sake of practice.  Take the athletic team as an example, Lam Woo will have practice after school once a week starting from the beginning of the school term and give intensive training (means 2 to 3 times a week) a month before the inter-school competition.  After the inter-school competition, the training will stop as it is approaching March which is near the final exam.  In the HKCEE old days , the school discouraged all F.5 students from participating in all sorts of ECAs.

17#
發表於 11-8-16 04:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 csonliuson2000 於 11-8-8 11:24 發表
Wan 2010,

Does your friend's son has a greater pressure ? Because everyone including the teacher/ classmates may expect him to get a high score in every subjects. It would give me some invisble press ...

剛巧有朋友有兩名子女皆唸林護。林護的好處,據她說,就是老師對非精英班沒有歧視。她的兩名子女,皆在數精英(林護有一班數,一班英精英,精英班大班,有時逾四十人,非精英班則小班,大概不逾卅五。不過精英班排位競爭激烈,稍不留神,翌年就跌出精英班。可能因為情況普遍?反而縮短了精英和非精英班的心理距離?),功課壓力不算大。
朋友其中一名子女中文考級十名內,但仍然非常樂意做額外功課來改善中文(碰巧因我答應其做義務中文輔助員才得知)。而其中四的中作,有些可能高於某些大學畢業生程度,這樣也不自滿,可證學風不錯?(其英文也另找現職中學的老師輔助)

18#
發表於 11-8-19 17:40 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

19#
發表於 11-8-22 10:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 brian_cheng 於 11-8-19 17:40 發表
奇怪,一路以來D 人都話林護是超精英主義,老師給同學很大壓力。唔通而家變左?
如果我選擇,我會喜歡荃官或者安柱。荃官的學術水平與林護差不多,校風比較關愛;安柱可能學術水平稍為低一D,不過壓力肯定冇咁大。
當然,林護出左一 ...

其實我聽到的同你一樣, 真係唔知幾時變了咁關愛, 早兩年前, 我個朋友的小朋友原本選了這校, 但入唔到, 入了善德, 當時好唔開心, 但返了學兩個月後, 小學的同學仔入了林護的話入唔到精英班, 又好難適應英文教學, 但學校一d都無理佢地, 反之入了善德的那人, 她說讀得十分開心, 老師有愛心, 會幫忙佢地, 所以這個女仔就話好彩入唔到林護咋.
仲有聽到亦有人話d學生入唔到精英班, d老師係唔會理你, 總之上堂就照教, 識唔識係你地自己嘅事, 唔得就補習, 補咗都唔得亦係你自己嘅事, 所以在這個post上聽到話呢間學校會關愛d學生, 我都覺得奇怪, 我表妹現在升中三, 都係入唔到精英班, 佢我感覺亦係一樣.

20#
發表於 11-8-22 14:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 brian_cheng 於 11-8-19 17:40 發表
奇怪,一路以來D 人都話林護是超精英主義,老師給同學很大壓力。唔通而家變左?
如果我選擇,我會喜歡荃官或者安柱。荃官的學術水平與林護差不多,校風比較關愛;安柱可能學術水平稍為低一D,不過壓力肯定冇咁大。
當然,林護出左一 ...

謝謝兩位有關林護既消息。
我只係反映返林護家長既意見。我囡係林護聯繫小學既學生,但佢同我講,佢死都唔肯揀林護,我地都無可奈何。
不過,佢對林護既偏見,可能係源於我地。因為佢爸有位同事,係林護既高材生,當年年幫學校攞獎,暫取到中大,跟手去咗美國做交換生。佢屋企也很多兄弟姊妹,全家都憎死林護。咁,我地覺得一間學校做到其精英學生都唔鍾意自己學校,好失敗啫,所以由阿囡小一就冇考慮過佢。

而老公話佢新過黎既同事都係林護仔,位畢業生就隱約透露林護為保其100%入U率,有時會左右高中學生投考大學既意向。不過,老公冇詳細問落去。

都另有人有唔同既意見。有位朋友突然發現工作上談得來的同事,好多都來自林護,係比較踏實既一群。相較下,佢會話某名女校既畢業生,目標只係:嫁個有錢人……佢認為林護D非精英班畢業生亦幾OK。

據聞,林護之前既校長對分數好勢利,不過換咗好多年。但係,一校有其一校既校風,校護既家長睇分數好大,咁你可以話好,可以話唔好。好既,係分數論英雄,讀書叻既話,話之你單親公屋綜援戶,冇人會議論,只會更增光環。唔好既,亦可能係呢樣,眼界離唔開分數……
‹ 上一主題|下一主題