搜索
教育王國 討論區 約克中英文幼稚園 今日到學校取N1的書,竟然...
發新帖
查看: 5469|回覆: 19
go

今日到學校取N1的書,竟然... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-7-17 00:55 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
今日去辦理入學手續,取校服及課本等,見到N1的課本,竟然還是A for Apple, B for Boy, C for Cat....,實在有些擔心課程是否太淺,我朋友的女女PN班已經學了Letterland A-Z的發音,而且已經開始學認字,如B for basketball,我並不是比較英文字越深越長就越好,但是那些課本是我廿幾年前讀幼兒園的內容,感覺實在太淺,不知是否日後有很多工作紙或補充?

眼見現在的幼兒園課程越來越深,現在十分擔心日後孩子能否追得上,跟其他人競爭有沒有優勢?

希望現在就讀的家長分享一下,萬分感激。

是否到時一定要讀多元智能班或其他額外課程呢?

[ 本帖最後由 calbee6 於 11-7-17 00:59 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-7-17 01:39 |只看該作者
Have the same thought when I find out all books are in Chinese, not yet study the content, but only 2 books in English, but with contents with letters A to Z only, I am so surprise and shocked. Yorks is always pushy, really unbelievable that what they intend to teach them, and I won’t expect the textbooks for 2nd sem. Will be much difficult.

When I paid registration fee in May, I even asked the teacher will PN curriculum will be too hard to 2Y old baby and if there will be lots of homework; she said NO, and also for K1, but curriculum will be more difficult when it is K2 and K3. Sure now the teacher is telling the truth based on the textbooks we get today, and they start their Cambridge starter course from K2, so surely much harsher. But I think they will put more difficult ones starting from K1, otherwise how can the children suddenly catch up the harsh work in K2.

But I originally thought they will conduct the class in English and Mandarin. I am not sure they will use the Chinese textbooks and teach them in Cantonese and Mandarin, but for English, I am really disappointed, my son can speak some words, (though his progress of speaking is slow compared with other babies of the same age), but right, he can’t recognize A to Z….Oh, we originally have language classes for Spanish, Mandarin and English 3 lessons a week since Nov 2010, and thought we can drop off Mandarin and English (as English is York’s strength, right?), save $ so the course fee is quite expensive, and have private tutorial for Spanish…..now, should I go back to find private tutorials for English and Mandarin? As my husband and I always work late and too tired to teach him, though we speak to him in English and my maid speaks in Mandarin…sigh….really disappointed.

Another point is, the teacher tells me PN class will be held in York Road, that is, the place today we go for collecting uniform, school bags, name tags, etc.; and they say the area they serve parents today, is the 3 classrooms for 3 pm classes. So they won’t provide classrooms with separate rooms, but in an open space like a hall, and I see there is 3 movable partitions in the hall, and I guess they are used for dividing the area into 3 classrooms, though I am not sure how would they use the area where we collect uniform.

The overall area is so small, so as the open playground, especially with other parts of the classrooms will not be available as that part of the School (forget 8 or 10 York Road) was sold. The environment is really with poor quality, and decoration is old and I don’t feel tidy and clean, especially when you compare the Cumberland Road’s.

I pick York because my son is not smart enough to get offer from other schools, which are less pushy and allow space for children to have innovative thinking; but York is also my 2nd choice, because my son is too active, really need to try a pushy school that help him learn more and discipline, without too much freedom. Also, environment of the school is the 2nd criteria when choosing which school to go, I want more open space, big playground with various types of play equipment, so when I went for seminar by Principal at Cumberland Road, I was impressed by the environment, that’s why I pick York and give up Think.

Think is less pushy and allow children’ innovative thinking and learn to be independent. I read their textbooks designed by the School itself, really good and look interesting, with lots of English textbooks, with cartoons, in big size so fonts and pictures are big, but their play area is smaller, though not sure about the area as they have new campus. But I give up Think as I think their curriculum will be too simple that my son may not be able to catch up with P1 after completing kindergarten there….now, after reading York’s textbook, and knowing that the classroom is so “temporary” without fixed and separate classrooms, I really feel a bit regret now.

As York sold one of the campus, parents for Kindergarten don’t know where they will have the class, but I guess all of them will be stayed at Cumberland Road as I don’t think there is any more space at York Road.

Wish we need to bear with such environment and simple English textbooks (and now I worry how much time they will spent on teaching them English and Mandarin) for PN only; and will move to Cumberland Road to get at least individual classrooms for each PN groups and bigger outdoor playgroup.

Really feel a bit being cheated in this way.

3#
發表於 11-7-17 09:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 calbee6 於 11-7-17 00:55 發表
今日去辦理入學手續,取校服及課本等,見到N1的課本,竟然還是A for Apple, B for Boy, C for Cat....,實在有些擔心課程是否太淺,我朋友的女女PN班已經學了Letterland A-Z的發音,而且已經開始學認字,如B for basketball,我並不 ...
N1 的小朋友只有3歲,不讀abc 讀什麼?要知道可能班上有其他小朋友沒有讀pn,pn 和n 有重覆不出奇,要知班上可能有大細b,遲些要考核你便知頭痛了。

4#
發表於 11-7-17 10:38 |只看該作者
其實我又唔覺N1英文書淺喎,可能我小朋友英文程度一般,是0809B。
雖然我囝囝已懂A-Z,和A-Z相關的生字如Apple,並且開始自己串生字,但係如果問佢書本裏這些有關Apple的問題(TALK ABOUT),佢未必識答,反而我覺得都幾深呀!

原帖由 To_Ma 於 11-7-17 09:32 發表

[ 本帖最後由 fishballbaby 於 11-7-18 00:34 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 11-7-17 10:42 |只看該作者
喜出望外,返學有兩日陪,好開心。

但是,囝囝的課室在一樓,要行樓梯上落,有點擔心,開頭以為是搭升降機上課室的。

原帖由 fishballbaby 於 11-7-17 10:38 發表
其實我又唔覺N1英文書淺喎,可能我小朋友英文程度一般。
雖然我囝囝已懂A-Z,和相關的生字如Apple,但係如果問佢書本裏這些有關Apple的問題(Apple字下面果幾條問題),佢一定唔識答,反而我覺得都幾深呀!

6#
發表於 11-7-18 00:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 To_Ma 於 11-7-17 09:32 發表

但我相信York的PN也有教A-Z吧?

如果這樣不是重覆一年的課程,我相信不會吧!

我不是說學ABC太簡單,只是我見到N1的課本跟其他學校PN的教材都好像有些距離,所以有這個擔心。

當然,每間學校編排課程的進度不一樣,所以很想知道在讀過PN、N1等家長講來聽下課程是否比較緊迫或是輕鬆? Thanks!

7#
發表於 11-7-18 01:19 |只看該作者

回覆 2# fishballbaby 的文章

乜今年N1可以陪2日呀?上年返時冇得陪呀!

8#
發表於 11-7-18 09:40 |只看該作者

回復 2# calbee6 的帖子

PN 最主要是訓練小朋友的自理能力,開始同其他不同的小朋友相處,外加簡單的課程ABC。
N 是 開始有字例如apple,  car etc.,即使是英文字母亦有大小之分,讓小朋友慢慢習慣。
揀得york 便要對佢有信心,如果唔係點解間間幼稚園都係教abc,有些是名校其他卻不?

9#
發表於 11-7-18 09:54 |只看該作者
有呀!8、9號都有得陪,返個幾鐘。

原帖由 babycreamy 於 11-7-18 01:19 發表
乜今年N1可以陪2日呀?上年返時冇得陪呀!

10#
發表於 11-7-18 12:24 |只看該作者
以我所知, 其他學校都係K1先教ABC, 同埋我地揀得YORK應該對呢間學校有信心, 我就係鐘意佢教英文好先讀, 同埋有時教得太深對小朋友未必係好事

11#
發表於 11-7-19 10:24 |只看該作者
我大仔今年是L2-> U3, 細仔是n1 at Coming Aug.

我覺得n1課程是輕鬆, 沒有壓迫感, 大仔上學時很開心, 學校活動也比較多, 課程是循序漸進.

英文,n1主要是教phonis A-Z, 而認字(大小楷)是同時教的, 聽和講英文是在n1時中最重要的吸收.....而 抄寫會在下學期開始, 不算多.....
L2時, 重頭戲開始, starter試會在L2 下學期頭考第一次, 小朋友要串1xx個生字, 但因為n1學phonis時 已經有一定的底子, 所以串字對他們說不太辛苦, 還要識解題目, 答問題....so far 大仔都應付得到, 不用擔心

呢個星期六, 會在學校考第二次starter, 而今次準備的確充足了, 信心也多了....希望會有更好的成績啦!

12#
發表於 11-7-19 11:37 |只看該作者
小女係 N1 升 L2, 無錯, york N1 係學 a for apple, 不過如果我無記錯, 佢應該仲會有教 red apple, green apple, 又會教 a 既 letter sound, 咁小朋友讀 apple 時, 就會識得係 a 字開始.

13#
發表於 11-7-19 13:57 |只看該作者
請問大家,每班(國際班)有幾多人呀?

另外,我只擔心阿囝考包尾,哈哈!希望阿囝應付到約克的課程。

14#
發表於 11-7-21 04:57 |只看該作者
不用担心課程淺,小兒今年上p2,他說p1的課程在york L2時已學過,(他所讀的小學P1是用P2書的)只要小朋友吸收得好,無問題

15#
發表於 11-7-21 17:15 |只看該作者

回覆 2# fishballbaby 的文章

大仔L2國際班有30人
班中只有頭1-10先才有排名
10之外就沒有, 所以不太大壓力的

16#
發表於 11-7-21 17:24 |只看該作者
頭10名才有名次,咁都好d。

你細仔讀邊班呀?我囝囝係yellow pm,會是同學仔嗎?

原帖由 PEGGYP 於 11-7-21 17:15 發表
大仔L2國際班有30人
班中只有頭1-10先才有排名
10之外就沒有, 所以不太大壓力的

17#
發表於 11-7-21 18:44 |只看該作者
York的K1書也有教A-Z,兒子升K2我反而擔心他追不上來,聽講K2 (L2)課程緊密而且幾深!兒子升L2國際班

K1的英文程度我好滿意,我想您去過他們的家長會就會放心及明白!小朋友都很喜歡上英文課及NET的老師!英文課程是YORK的強項,您如果見過科主任就知(年資長而且很有耐性的老師)。

以我所知york 的英文程度是是名校中較深的一間!
大家要對佢有信心,如果唔係佢點能夠用英文來作賣點呢!

(註:兒子本來的英文程度已不是K1,他讀了YORK3個月,之前的Kinder 英文太淺了。)

過去3個月(K1)見他進步了,懂串很多英文單字,看見不懂的字會試讀,有邊讀邊!最近還略懂拼音及會自行看英文故事書!我本來都以為他比人高水平,點知一山還有一山高,英文獎都無份!都唔明D同學點解有D咁叻既??(當然亦有普普通通的)校車有2個小朋友,因程度追不上,他們的媽媽說可能要轉校,怕小朋友壓力太大!

不要以為只有英文強,中文亦不容易,K1已經要寫"朋友",我為了前排的中文考試準備了一個月,兒子才在中文科拿FULL MARK!老師說對於一個新生真不易,所以本來校方不打算發成績表,但兒子成績很好,便發了! 收到很開心,因有很多A同FULLMARK呢,還有兒子親手做的試卷!知道他那些不懂回答呢....所以努力是有收穫的......

英語堂是全英語的環境,配套十足,英文怎能不好呢? 大家努力,放心讀啦!3個星期後開始要準備打仗了,追課程我就要早點放工教仔做功課!

18#
發表於 11-7-21 22:04 |只看該作者

回覆 1# cowboy2007 的文章

我又多口答下,k3 英文要學tense 了,e.g. present, past ~

19#
發表於 11-7-22 11:24 |只看該作者

回復 3# fishballbaby 的帖子

細仔讀n1 Yellow (am)
雖然唔係同學, 但會共用課室的!哈哈

20#
發表於 11-7-22 11:47 |只看該作者
My son will be your son's classmate. Nice to meet you! Glad to know that you sent both of your kids to York!

原帖由 PEGGYP 於 11-7-22 11:24 發表
細仔讀n1 Yellow (am)
雖然唔係同學, 但會共用課室的!哈哈
‹ 上一主題|下一主題