搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 小學local school中學IS有冇人收?
發新帖
查看: 2075|回覆: 10
go

小學local school中學IS有冇人收? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-6-29 19:56 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
我仔升小四,成績唔錯,但當佢可始大我覺得local school思維唔夠廣闊,但好既IS又好重皮,不過我都開始心大心細想轉校……

我唔熟IS,請問大家可以介紹一些比我再去收集資料嗎?Thanks~~
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-6-29 19:56 |只看該作者
我住九龍

3#
發表於 11-6-30 10:42 |只看該作者

回復 2# VKwan 的帖子

To be honest, children in IS come and go all the time, it's hard to predict whether it's easy to get a place when it comes to you wanting your child to go into grade 7.  However here are some hints:

1. Apply anyways & apply early.  There are usually long waiting lists.  You can then decide whether to send your child to the school when time comes that they offer you a place.

2. Almost all schools look at english proficiencies.  Make sure your child can communicate effectively in english.  I would say that is your key to almost ALL IS.

3. You know your child best, you would have to make sure that you accept the way IS teach children.  You would also need to make sure that your child can adapt to the teaching and learning environment.  There are a few families in my husband's company who has switched their children from LS to IS at a late stage and neither the parent nor the child enjoyed it.  1 was lucky that the child could switch back to local school, the others were pretty much stuck.

4#
發表於 11-6-30 10:43 |只看該作者
There are quite a few schools you can consider:

RC
ESF
AISHK
CAIS
JIS
KIS

Do a google search on international schools, it's not difficult to find info.  It would be best that you read the pages, book school tours to see which school you and your child like best

5#
發表於 11-6-30 11:20 |只看該作者
I do not recommend you make a move.   Reason:

1)  Expensive School Fee
2)  You kid may feel like a stranger in  the class

If you pick an IS with many foreigners, it is bit late for your kid to get along with them.     The IS kids mostly study overseas after high shcool.  For local parents , the cost of studying oversea is huge.

6#
發表於 11-6-30 12:36 |只看該作者

回復 5# KY_Lo 的帖子

I'm afraid I do not agree.
It is now fairly common for local parents to send their kids abroad at secondary school level & most of the kids adapt well.
Switching to IS should be a lot easier than moving abroad.

7#
發表於 11-6-30 15:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 peter_pan 於 11-6-30 12:36 發表
I'm afraid I do not agree.
It is now fairly common for local parents to send their kids abroad at secondary school level & most of the kids adapt well.
Switching to IS should be a lot easier than movi ...
查實我就係諗去外國讀大學,個唔捨得個仔太早過去,咪諗住讀下IS適應下英文,同埋諗住個public exam/學制又接到軌……
唔知我諗法可行嗎?

8#
發表於 11-6-30 19:04 |只看該作者

回復 3# lottieclee 的帖子

Hi, lottieclee,

May I know why you switch your child back to local school?

9#
發表於 11-6-30 23:12 |只看該作者

回復 8# VKwan 的帖子

如果要轉,入紙等好,因也不是一定有位的。

10#
發表於 11-6-30 23:32 |只看該作者

回復 8# pianopiano 的帖子

No I didn't...  I am very for IS cuz I went to IS myself.

What I said was that some of my husband's colleages switched their children to IS and they ended up wanting to switch their children back to LS.  1 was successful but the other 2 were stuck.  They were not happy at their IS, because the child felt estranged.

I guess what I mean is... when it comes to choosing schools, whether local or IS is a very personal experience and decision.  IS is a very broad term (e.g. the teaching style is very different at ESF, ISF and CDNIS...and again... just an example).  Parents and children should look for a school that suits their culture, believes and goals, but not just go blindly to throw yourself to any one school because people say that particular school is good.  Visiting the schools and talking to teachers at schools are crucial steps in choosing a school, particularly when you are switching from LS to IS.

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 11-6-30 23:38 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 11-7-3 17:32 |只看該作者
Hi, lottieclee,

Thankx for sharing.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題