教育王國 討論區 幼教雜談 ESF Summer Camp
發新帖
查看: 3269|回覆: 3
go

ESF Summer Camp [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-5-9 14:16 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi,

I am planning to let my girl (4 year's old) join the ESF Summar camp this year and will go to Kowloon Junior School (Rose Street).   Anybody has comment on the camp?  Also, I aim at providing an English environment to my girl.  But am afraid of Kowloon campus, compared to HK Islands campus which should have more foreign kids to join, may not be able to provide such environment as they might speak Cantonese between kids.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-5-9 22:49 |只看該作者
I just wonder, the summer camp won't have too much "foreign kids"? Because native english speaking kids no need to join camps with the aim to "learn english"?

Any parents know the situation?

3#
發表於 11-5-12 07:06 |只看該作者
My two sons joined for 2 years (Perth), quite depends on the objective.

You are right, may be got 1 or no forigner at all.  For last yr, got a mix of Taiwanese, Korean, Japanese.

So the chance for you to mingle with forign kids to learn English is rare.

But to stay in the campus for 3 hours a day can help a bit anyway

If kids are of less exposure to English communication before, to take the chance for them to practice oral may not be sufficient enough as the class is still big, around 1: 1x  though they got 1 teacher and 1 assistant ,  for class visit, I found some kids are shy and reluctant to speak, teacher may not have time to motivate and take care of him/her.

Hope this help.

原帖由 siden 於 11-5-9 22:49 發表
I just wonder, the summer camp won't have too much "foreign kids"? Because native english speaking kids no need to join camps with the aim to "learn english"?

Any parents know the situation?

4#
發表於 11-5-13 19:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 JJandSS 於 11-5-12 07:06 發表
My two sons joined for 2 years (Perth), quite depends on the objective.

You are right, may be got 1 or no forigner at all.  For last yr, got a mix of Taiwanese, Korean, Japanese.

So the chance for y ...

Agree.

I also join this year.

I do not expect any improvement in spoken english for shy kid, like mine. As some other parents had said, the kids may communicate in cantonese by themselves and the teacher may not know or stop because the class size is not small.

However, I do think it will be useful to let the child be exposed to and listen to more english. Afterall, most other schools' classes are equally expensive and the teacher:student ration is not much less.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題