用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 what is the admission ticket to CIS?
發新帖
查看: 4949|回覆: 19
go

what is the admission ticket to CIS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-5-5 11:24 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi, I saw lots of parents here agree with that ESF kinder is an admission ticket to ESF primary. Here comes my question, what is the admission ticket to CIS?

parents here didn't mention CIS quite often. So I bring my question up here.

We live in Hung Hom. And my son was born in March 2009. most of the time, he speaks mandrin, and knows a little bit about English, words and simple sentences.

Now he's in an int'l pre-school, led by a NET and an assistant  teacher (local). my boy has totally no reponse to Cantonese.

So, if my goal is to put my son into CIS, what should be the route? Is there any admission ticket existing?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-5-5 21:39 |只看該作者
My daughter will be going to the reception class this Aug. I think they are very fair as I don't have any debenture nor know anyone/siblings there. I think they really see you as a parents how you will suit them and seems like they prefer more 'steady' kids. They don't mind if your kid speaks whatever language but your kid has to be outstanding in that language. My tip is: don't interview in Eng. as there are thousands of kids who use Eng as their interviews, not unless your kid is really outstanding amongst others.

3#
發表於 11-5-5 23:36 |只看該作者
Marinachira,

I will submit the application later this year.  Can I have your advice on the followings?

1) Cantonese is our first language though my son could also master Eng and mandarin.  So based on your experience, should I choose Cantonese as the interview language as this is our best language?  

2)  How do they conduct the group interview?  Would it be something like, the head /main teacher uses English to give instruction and the 1-1 chat will be conducted in the chosen language?

Many thanks.

原帖由 marinachira 於 11-5-5 21:39 發表
My daughter will be going to the reception class this Aug. I think they are very fair as I don't have any debenture nor know anyone/siblings there. I think they really see you as a parents how you wil ...

4#
發表於 11-5-6 00:45 |只看該作者

回覆 1# meipo28 的文章

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

5#
發表於 11-5-6 09:43 |只看該作者
對不起,不太明白何謂"等左四年"?

原帖由 dearjackwong 於 11-5-6 00:45 發表
我等左四年, 只係每年寄回條返去CIS話俾佢地聽繼續等,所以(站)時乜都唔使諗

6#
發表於 11-5-6 18:34 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 11-5-7 23:17 |只看該作者
1) Cantonese is our first language though my son could also master Eng and mandarin.  So based on your experience, should I choose Cantonese as the interview language as this is our best language?  

Ans: I would definitely choose Cantonese in this case. May I know where your kid goes to school now? Is it a local or an int'l one? If local, use Cantonese la. One more thing, I think they really evaluate us (parents), too. If you n your husband can speak Eng/Putonghua fluent, they will think you suit them more.

2)  How do they conduct the group interview?  Would it be something like, the head /main teacher uses English to give instruction and the 1-1 chat will be conducted in the chosen language?

Ans: According to my daughter, they went in a group of 5. They hv to know how to put on/off their socks n shoes as they will be playing balance beam. For this instructions, they use Eng (since the 5 kids speak diff. 1st languages). Then they will ask my daughter individually some questions in all 3 languages (although I chose Cantonese). Then they play a small puzzles w/in a few minutes. Lastly, while they dismissed, they will ask them to run (my daughter ran the last though). My daughter told me that among them, one of them didn't take off his socks nor his shoes, and the other one didn't take off his socks. So be able to listen to the instructions (focus) is sth. they would test your kid. Hope it helps.

8#
發表於 11-5-7 23:20 |只看該作者
One more thing, i think they prefer "big son/daughter" = born in Sep - Dec

9#
發表於 11-5-9 11:16 |只看該作者
Thank you veeeeeeeeeery much for all your sharing! It really does help!

from your replies, may I conclude it as that CIS is picking some MATURE students from all candidates?

原帖由 marinachira 於 11-5-7 23:20 發表
One more thing, i think they prefer "big son/daughter" = born in Sep - Dec

10#
發表於 11-5-9 22:34 |只看該作者
Yes, absolutely. Actually ALL schools like more mature/focus/independent students, otherwise, y would they rather choose big boys/girls over small ones, right? good luck! We just had an orientation n the principle reminded us to toilet train the student  and tidy up after playing during this summer holiday cuz they will not train them anymore at reception class.

11#
發表於 11-5-11 10:22 |只看該作者
wish everything doing great with your daughter!

could u also share how you do the toilet training?

原帖由 marinachira 於 11-5-9 22:34 發表
Yes, absolutely. Actually ALL schools like more mature/focus/independent students, otherwise, y would they rather choose big boys/girls over small ones, right? good luck! We just had an orientation n  ...

12#
發表於 11-5-11 10:32 |只看該作者
marinachira,

Thanks for your detail reply.  

My son is is now studying in Victoria Eng/Mandarin class.  At home, I mostly speak with him in Cantonese. Sometimes, say for a few days, he loves to speak in Eng and for a few days he loves to speak Mandarin. But for sure his best language is cantonese. So I think I will take your advice to choose Cantonese as the interview language.

My next worry is the parents interview.  We are ok in English but in terms of mandarin.... .  I think we need more practice, not my son!!

13#
發表於 11-5-11 10:40 |只看該作者
when are u going to apply CIS for your son?

原帖由 meipo28 於 11-5-11 10:32 發表
marinachira,

Thanks for your detail reply.  

My son is is now studying in Victoria Eng/Mandarin class.  At home, I mostly speak with him in Cantonese. Sometimes, say for a few days, he loves to spea ...

14#
發表於 11-5-12 09:43 |只看該作者
Nov this year.

原帖由 cty77 於 11-5-11 10:40 發表
when are u going to apply CIS for your son?

15#
發表於 11-5-12 20:58 |只看該作者
meipo28,
originally my daughter was about to go to Victoria Eng/Mandarin, too. which campus does your kid go to? anyway, u know what language your kid is the best in. So, good luck. About the parents interview, try to let them hv the feeling that you hv passion about CIS that this is your school, no other choice. Feel relax, no pressure cuz they said they don't actually 'count' as the interview (although I think they really consider how as a parent we can contribute to the school), it's definitely a bonus.

16#
發表於 11-5-13 10:45 |只看該作者
Marinachira, please check PM.

原帖由 marinachira 於 11-5-12 20:58 發表
meipo28,
originally my daughter was about to go to Victoria Eng/Mandarin, too. which campus does your kid go to? anyway, u know what language your kid is the best in. So, good luck. About the parents  ...

17#
發表於 11-5-21 23:33 |只看該作者
any comments of CIS? i want to apply Reception class to my son next year, but i lived in kowloon tong, 你地覺得返學會唔會太遠呀?

18#
發表於 11-5-23 11:17 |只看該作者
I don't know if there's a school bus from your place to the school. or you can check with the school.

but I really heard of someone used to study in CIS, now still living in Tai Po, taking 1 hr & a half for school every single day.

原帖由 chappiebb 於 11-5-21 23:33 發表
any comments of CIS? i want to apply Reception class to my son next year, but i lived in kowloon tong, 你地覺得返學會唔會太遠呀?

19#
發表於 11-6-4 13:10 |只看該作者

回覆 2# marinachira 的文章

hi Marinachira,

while i am interested in CIS too, i would like to know what language you chose for your kid during interview? my daughter is borned in Oct 09, and they replied me that i should apply next year for year 2014 which is long time after now, but i want to get her prepared and do you think there is an advantage of being a super big B?
thanks a lot!

20#
發表於 11-6-17 19:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 chappiebb 於 11-5-21 23:33 發表

Chappiebb,

There is a CIS school bus picking up students at Kowloon Tong MTR at 7am
‹ 上一主題|下一主題