搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SWCK or Rightmind?
發新帖
查看: 3372|回覆: 9
go

SWCK or Rightmind? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-4-30 12:01 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I'm planning to send my girl to SWCK for K1 and K2, later ISF for Foundation Year until Grade 12.
Could any parents please kindly help for the following questions? Thank you so much.
1) My husband has suggested another kinder that's Rightmind Kindergarten, there's Mandarin lesson and their Chinese shandard seem to be high; while SWCK doesn't have Mandarin or Chinese lesson. Since SWCK is an English-medium school, is it ok if I'll teach her some simple Chinese characters and speak Chinese with her after school to improve her Chinese standard? Our final target is to get her into ISF successfully, so which one, SWCK or Rightmind should we choose?
2) May I know when can I apply ISF Foundation Year for my girl, one year before or two years before?
3) If my girl failed in the ISF interview, what other school(s) is/are suggested? We want to offer her a bilingual environment (from primary to secondary) with a through-train secondary school to study in, I've heard about RCHK, is it suitable in this case?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-5-1 01:24 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

3#
發表於 11-5-2 22:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 caramom 於 11-4-30 12:01 發表
I'm planning to send my girl to SWCK for K1 and K2, later ISF for Foundation Year until Grade 12.
Could any parents please kindly help for the following questions? Thank you so much.
1) My husband has ...

SWCK is a very good school. And heard that they are going to provide primary education starting from next academic year.

But SWCK will be relatively weak in Chinese.

If your first priority is bilingual environment with stronger Chinese, you may consider :-

1. ISF, as you said
2. KCIS
3. Victoria kindergarten -> Victoria Shanghai Academy

4#
發表於 11-5-3 12:44 |只看該作者
如果你target 係isf, 我suggest kinder 都係雙語的幼稚園, 不一定是rightmind.  不要只選全英文的幼稚園啦.

原帖由 caramom 於 11-4-30 12:01 發表
1) My husband has ...

5#
發表於 11-5-3 17:25 |只看該作者
Thank you for all of your useful information and suggestions, I've never heard about this news about Rightmind, we'll not consider it anymore.
Yes, I've discussed with my husband, we think that bilingual kinder is more suitable than English-medium kinder in our case.
Comparing Singapore International School (Preparatory Years) and Kingston International Kindergarten, which one would be better?
Apart from these two schools, do you parents have any other suggestions in bilingual kinder?
Thank you for helping me so much.

6#
發表於 11-5-3 17:47 |只看該作者
Hi Cara,

1) I have recommended SWCK for more than a dozen families for the pass 9 years.  Everyone is very appreciate for their dedication in educations, especially all their kids love books.

2) ISF is very very strong in Mandarin and Chinese.  In case you're planning to move to it later, it's not an issue to attend other bilingual kinder at age 3-4.

3) ISF is expanding swiftly.  They have 10 classess in year one now.  The chance is very slim to be failure in interview.  No need to worry.

4) call ISF for admission details.  They are very helpful to provide personal visit at anytime convenient to your family.

Good luck.

Annie

7#
發表於 11-5-3 23:48 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

8#
發表於 11-5-3 23:49 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

9#
發表於 11-5-4 09:40 |只看該作者
Yes, I've heard lots of good comments from my friends and their kids are currently studying in SWCK, some of them finished K2 and went to other primary school already. Most (almost all) of them were satisfied with their great education.
SWCK will be definitely our first coice of kinder. Is interview needed if we apply K1?

10#
發表於 11-5-4 15:45 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題