密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局陳守仁小學 Cambridge PET Exam
查看: 7096|回覆: 53
go

Cambridge PET Exam

發表於 11-4-15 12:45 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all classmate's parents,

Re: [簡體字書]Cambridge PET Practice Tests (Teacher's Book)
劍橋初級英語考試教程(教師用書)

Are there anyone has got this book? Or know where can I buy it, I've try"Kwok fung tong" & Net book shop but both of them out of stock! We  urgent need it for May exam!

發表於 11-4-16 13:10 |顯示全部帖子
You may buy the similar Pet practice book from British council bookshop.  Call them, they have mail order / courier order service.

The below is another book to prepare for Pet exam:
Preliminary English test for Schools 1 by Cambridge University Press

發表於 11-4-17 14:12 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 2# TINGMUM 的文章

Thanks Tingmum,

I've bought it already, it's a good book to prepare the exam, but I think my daughter needs some more practise. I bought the [簡體字書]"KET Practice Tests" for prepare the KET exam, this book also by Cambridge University Press, I found it's useful and cheap, so I want to buy the 'PET' one also.

[ 本帖最後由 daydreamer11 於 11-4-17 06:16 編輯 ]

發表於 11-4-20 10:28 |顯示全部帖子
吾好意思, 剛岩收到學校考 cambridge 既資料, 我想問下係吾係要讀過先可以考架?  tks!

發表於 11-4-20 10:38 |顯示全部帖子
luiling,

Not necessarily.

You can either download the sample papers from British Council's website or buy some exercise books from bookstores to make your child familiar with the format before the test.

原帖由 luiling 於 11-4-20 10:28 發表

吾好意思, 剛岩收到學校考 cambridge 既資料, 我想問下係吾係要讀過先可以考架?  tks!

發表於 11-4-20 11:41 |顯示全部帖子
唔使擔心, 我女只做了一份TEST PAPER,考pet都有90幾分, 同佢一齊去考的同學都是90分以上.  佢地話份卷內容己在學校教程學左, 所以大家算是考得輕鬆. 班中亦有同學考左FCE. 而且考得唔錯. 如果有時間, 你地可以考埋FCE.
今年學校有得考pet, 你地太幸福了, 唔使花時間出去應試.

發表於 11-4-20 14:43 |顯示全部帖子
principle & TINGMUM, tks! 我仲想請教下考 cambridge 有咩作用架?  係吾係要一級一級咁考? 可吾可以等到五.六年班時先考?

發表於 11-4-20 18:19 |顯示全部帖子
luiling,

I guess the main purpose of joining such tests is to keep a few more certificates in our children’s portfolios when it comes to application of secondary schools.  
I think only some of the secondary schools may look at those certificates in addition to interviews and academic results when screening out applicants.

Personally, I think certificates obtained from P4 to P6 are more important as most secondary schools will request applicants to fill in details of the certificates or awards obtained in these 3 years.
For junior grades, perhaps you may just let your child sit for those tests if you don’t mind to pay for the costs.

Lastly, you can join any English tests you want, not necessarily to go from one grade to another.
Some talented kids may skip one and join the higher ones if they think they can do well.

原帖由 luiling 於 11-4-20 14:43 發表

principle & TINGMUM, tks! 我仲想請教下考 cambridge 有咩作用架?  係吾係要一級一級咁考? 可吾可以等到五.六年班時先考?

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 11-4-20 18:20 編輯 ]

發表於 11-4-20 19:28 |顯示全部帖子
I called Ms Ng this morning about such test too.  Now, I just let my kid take a try and relax.  I will not do any past papers as teacher said they are able to handle it and I don't want to give any pressure as well.  Ms Ng also mentioned as kids are going to do the test in school, they would be more relax, so parents really no need to worry about whether they are familiar with the test format or not.  They would just treat it as part of the school activities or daily games. It sounds good!

原帖由 principal 於 11-4-20 18:19 發表
luiling,

I guess the main purpose of joining such tests is to keep a few more certificates in our children’s portfolios when it comes to application of secondary schools.  
I think only s ...

發表於 11-4-21 12:35 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 principal 於 11-4-20 18:19 發表
luiling,

I think only s ...

Exactly !!

But I would suggest that the kids do some past papers before sitting the real exam, to get to know the requirements and the format of questions and to be mentally prepared.

Much better to attend such tests in own school than having to go to another school.

If any kid is in P5, pls let them take KET at least.  Forget about Starters / Movers / Flyers.  Too easy for them + save your bullets for other things.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 11-4-21 12:36 編輯 ]

發表於 11-4-21 12:55 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter took starters and movers in P.1 and P.2 respectively, and she got 14 shields in both tests, I'm thinking of whether let her take flyers or KET or PET?? any suggestions??

發表於 11-4-21 13:04 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# 婥蔚媽咪 的文章

You should know your kid's standards better than anybody else.

Go to the Cambridge Tests website, download some Q from Flyers and some from PET / KET, let you kid try it out, then decide which level you should apply for.

發表於 11-4-21 13:13 |顯示全部帖子
個人認為陳守仁學生嘅英語水平都應該唔錯, 唔少中學都幾鍾意收陳守仁嘅學生, 如果校內成績好(當然係包括英文), 報考 Cambridge 與否對考入中學相信沒有必然或太大優勢.

另一方面睇, 報考 Cambridge 可以知道自己子女在同級小朋友(包括其他學校)的英文程度去到那個水平, 亦無不可, 但前提係要家長同小朋友都唔好有壓力.

我亦認同上述所講, 就算俾小朋友參加, 亦可以在小四或小五才開始, 太早報都係浪費金錢.

發表於 11-4-21 17:08 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# DaddyCool 的文章

Tks, DaddyCool.  咁我等遲d先俾佢考啦因為都幾貴.

發表於 11-4-21 17:59 |顯示全部帖子
上年呀仔考STARTER冇做過PAST PAPER都有15盾, 所以我唸呢個TEST對TSL學生黎講都幾易。

我打算聽日見到老師的話會問下佢意見, 睇下比唔比呀仔考FLYER, 如果老師覺得佢OK先考。否則都係留返D錢好過了...哈哈!

發表於 11-4-21 21:50 |顯示全部帖子
認同中學不太注重這張證書. 不過升上小五小六, 升中競爭又大, 特別是成績麻麻,證書又唔多的小朋友, 考多張證書都好, 叫人有我有,多D證書比人睇, 讓家長同小朋友心安D.

初小如果小朋友想考, 家長又願意花幾百蚊考下都好, 好似考琴試咁, 可以一TICK過考8級, 不過小朋友提前習慣下的FORMAT同要求, 相信到遲D考KET,PET或FCE都會有幫助.

發表於 11-4-22 12:21 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 TINGMUM 於 11-4-21 21:50 發表
認同中學不太注重這張證書. 不過升上小五小六, 升中競爭又大, 特別是成績麻麻,證書又唔多的小朋友, 考多張證書都好, 叫人有我有,多D證書比人睇, 讓家長同小朋友心安D.

初小如果小朋友想考, 家長又願意花幾百蚊考下 ...

認同你的講法.

個人經驗加意見, 如果有機會的話, 亦可以儘量俾小朋友參加校隊, 因為我呀女面試所得經驗, 中學似乎都幾留意小朋友的課外活動表現及參與度. 以小女為例, 因為曾經參加學校籃球和排球校隊, 期間更曾經攞過西九龍區冠軍及亞軍, 面試時候的兩位老師對此表示相當欣賞 (雖然小女只是隊中後備, 但獎狀內亦有名字), 記得小女單獨面試完之後要去另一個房間再面試 (包括家長), 途中負責帶路的中學生已經細聲同我講, 你呀女面試好高分, 應該冇問題 (但小女校內成績非常極度一般), 而負責 in 我地兩公婆嘅老師都有問過呢樣野.

發表於 11-4-28 11:56 |顯示全部帖子
岩岩旅行返來睇到daddycool的分享有同感.  我都覺得有公開獎對升中真係好有用. 另外, 學校教我地做的portfoilo格式好好, 將成績,音樂同體育獎分類方便中學查閱.

一樣, 呀女校內成績都係一般, 係in中學時, 我地卻有驚喜. 數間中學有當面讚女女英文好,口音好,有自信. 有的讚埋佢活動發展均衡. 有間學校在in完後問女女來自邊間小學,(原來in的外籍老師手上有小女的資料都沒有睇過),聽完校名後對方說, 你讀緊一間好小學, 你的英文唔單只好, 係非常好. 你的面試己得分, gon hei 你!

我地的校譽很好, 小朋友出到外面比人讚得多, 自信心都大左, 對學校亦更有歸屬感! 希望我地的分享對小五的家長有用!

發表於 11-4-28 12:24 |顯示全部帖子
tingmum

多謝你和daddycool的分享...對我們這班小師弟妹, 真的是好大鼓舞^^

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 11-4-28 11:56 發表
岩岩旅行返來睇到daddycool的分享有同感.  我都覺得有公開獎對升中真係好有用. 另外, 學校教我地做的portfoilo格式好好, 將成績,音樂同體育獎分類方便中學查閱.

一樣, 呀女校內成績都係一般, 係in中學時, 我地卻有 ...

發表於 11-4-28 12:38 |顯示全部帖子
TINGMUM,

Thanks for putting "a pile of cash" in my pocket.

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 11-4-28 11:56 發表

我地的校譽很好, 小朋友出到外面比人讚得多, 自信心都大左, 對學校亦更有歸屬感! 希望我地的分享對小五的家長有用!