用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 anyone went to Creative's interview today?
發新帖
查看: 866|回覆: 16
go

anyone went to Creative's interview today? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-11-27 20:15 |只看該作者

anyone went to Creative's interview today?

anyone went to Creative's interview today, want to share how you feel about this kinder?

I like the environment, the teachers seemed friendly but 'unreal', not much interviewing the child but very hard-sell its kinder. What do you think?
wbmom

2#
發表於 04-11-27 23:12 |只看該作者

Re: anyone went to Creative's interview today?

The teacher interviewed my son is very patient. She didn't hard sell the school but just answered my questions. She said there're no exams in K1-K3, just weekly evaluation forming the year-end evalution.

I feel good during the whole process. My son did well too. Because he warmed up already when waiting downstairs and later, in the interview, the teacher let him choose which toy to start with.

I'm quite sure that they'll offer him  a place and so I told her I prefer an am class.

3#
發表於 04-11-28 00:32 |只看該作者

I agreed with wbmom.
Though kids played happily in the nice playground, we waited for almost 1 hour in the waiting room. BTW, there were 4 to 5 waiting rooms(about 8-10 families in each) but only two interview rooms (4 tables each). What kind of arrangement?? We arrived at the kinder at 12:00 but we left the kinder at 2pm. You can imagine how tired and hungry a two-year old kid was. The teacher asked parents questions but she was not really listening to the answer. She aimed to sell the school and finished the interview asap.  
I thought the previous round of interviews should be better as I found parents were quite happy with the arrangements.

4#
發表於 04-11-28 03:53 |只看該作者

I also went there on Saturday morning, caused the interview time was 10:30, we went there in time, but still need to wait for 45 minutes..

My kid's peformance was not as good as previous interview caused she was not very happy this morning starting from her breakfast and we need to rush her out to interview..

I think my interview would be fail since I told them I will only accept morning session, but they told me that it will be a little bit full already (since too many mama here already paid for registeration), and they only have 3 classes in each session.. Therefore, I think only small vacancies left.

Some teachers seems really likes kids, and seems some is not.. The teacher interview my kid seems not so patient..

Their environment is really excellent as it is spaceous, clean and open...

And the teacher told me that we will have results around Christmas holiday.. so long long time...

5#
發表於 04-11-28 09:33 |只看該作者

My friend took his son to Creative's interview on Nov 13 and got the acceptance letter awithin 1 week. She decided not to pay the deposit as she had other offers too. But what she really wants is St. Cat's.

During my son's interview, they did not talk about am or pm arrangement, they really hard -sell too much. But when I asked the teacher questions she didn't like, she looked impatient......the questions were:

1) Do they encourage parents' participation in school?

2) Do they think their English is strong enough comparing with other kinder?

I only asked 4 questions altogether and the interview lasted less than 10 mins., I don't know if they will accept my son but I guess I would not take their offer even if they do.

wbmom

6#
發表於 04-11-29 10:25 |只看該作者

Dear All mum,

May I know whether you are talking about 牛津道 "Creative Primary & Kindergarten"  or another "Creative" locate at Kowloon Tong ?  

7#
發表於 04-11-29 10:49 |只看該作者

yes, I am talking about the 牛津道 "Creative Primary & Kindergarten". Did anyone get rejection from it, if yes, why do you think it may be?

I just don't quite understand how they assess our children. Like I hear someone said their son did not say a word during the  whole interview but they get accepted and someone said they answered all questions correctly but didn't get accepted?
wbmom

8#
發表於 04-11-29 11:38 |只看該作者

Actually I don't know but I think it will also take the family background into consideration..(Father & Mother's job, position, company) as I think most famous kinder want family that can pay as they charge a lot and also had a lot of activity...

9#
發表於 04-11-29 17:33 |只看該作者

I have just received the acceptance letter this afternoon, boy, that was quick as they had only interviewed my son 2 days ago!!!!

But they need me to pay the deposit this Thursday, I think probably I will not  pay as I am still waiting for other kinder.

Good luck to other parents!
wbmom

10#
發表於 04-11-29 18:11 |只看該作者

wbmom,

Congradulation...am. or pm...??

11#
發表於 04-11-29 18:14 |只看該作者

Thanks! AM class
wbmom

12#
發表於 04-11-29 18:16 |只看該作者

Hi, wbmon

I already received the acceptance letter on this afternoon.  They accept my son in a.m. class.  I have same problem for waiting for other kinder.

13#
發表於 04-11-29 18:23 |只看該作者

Yukmama,

For me, I will not pay because I had already paid deposit to Ling Liang Church, I think LLC and Creative are kind of similar in terms of style and level, except that Creative has its own primary school.

I am still struggling if I should go for the York's interview on Dec 23. How about you? Did you pay deposit to any kinder yet?
wbmom

14#
發表於 04-11-29 20:56 |只看該作者

I got York's interview and got accepted. But I didn't pay the deposit.

I still think that you can take your child to the interview. The principal, like what many mammies feel in this website, is very hard sell. Although it's clearly written the talk will last for 20 mins only but she talked so long (45 mins, because we're the last batch) that she didn't even have time to talk about their Chinese and Putonghua education.

But still, I think their phonics and the whole English programme work.

15#
發表於 04-11-29 23:51 |只看該作者

I was told St. Cat would release results in early Dec but unable to confirm. Creative gave 1 week time for parents to pay deposit in the previous admission. This time only four days. I feel it wanted to get as much deposit as it can before SC's result...

BTW, my son was admitted AM class though his performance was not good and I rejected PM class firmly. I may pay because I am tired of interviews. Same as most mom, waiting for SC.

16#
發表於 04-11-30 09:17 |只看該作者

Me too, I mean waiting for St. Cat. The problem is my son didn't do well during the interview, he can only answer 2 questions right. But I am still hoping that St. Cat will take into account his age(not even 1 yr 11 mths then) and take him in.

I am very anxious to know the result too, if they reject my son formally....at least I can 'dead heart' ma!
wbmom

17#
發表於 04-12-1 00:04 |只看該作者

Not to worry too much. Some mom in BK said kid's performance was not the only criteria. One of them said her child didn't answer the questions but was accepted. The mom said it might be becasue of her conversation with the teacher. Another mom said her daughter answered all questions but was put on waiting list. May be you can search for past SC messages on BK.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題