原帖由 iantsang 於 11-3-21 05:13 發表
純屬個人意見: 討論時若能持開放態度, 才能更開放視野.

difficult to compare

43#
發表於 11-3-31 15:06 |只看該作者
BOTH ARE GOOD

44#
發表於 11-5-5 19:43 |只看該作者
My daughter and son studied previously in SPK.   My daughter was lucky enough to get promoted to the Primary section.

Although none of my kid studied in Good Hope, I do think that Good Hope would be a good school.   The purpose of my writing here is to provide my experience with SPK as a reference to you.

To my mind, the teachers in SPK are responsible and also very experienced.   Taking the example of the classmistress of my daughter in K1 and K2, she successfully trained up the 30 kids in her class to be independent and discipline.  They show confidence when they interact with ppl.   

You would find their teaching programs well designed - they spend quite a lot of effort to observe each kid and are able to provide comprehensive reports (around 6 1-2 page reports for each year apart from school reports) on each of them based on the observations on their programs through interesting activities.  You would in fact know something about your kid by the reports that you cannot observe yourself.

My son was not progressing very well when compared with the rest of his classmates in K1 and K2.  His teacher, however, did not give him up but in fact spent additional efforts looking after and encouraging him.  She also encouraged and urged us to give more patience to the little one.  We felt so lucky that he was not abandoned by his teacher (some teachers could only focus on those talented kids) that by K3 my son was back to the average performance curve under the guidance of the classmistress.

The school culture is also simple - they never requested parents to spend unnecessary money.  One can hardly spends a lot of money with this school.  The point I wanted to stress here is although quite a number of kids are from families with good financial background, neither the Kindergarten nor the primary section like promoting expensive culture.  The parents were requested by the primary school to use the old pencils in the kindergarten so that to discourage girls to bring back cartoon pencils for comparisons with each others.

The only concern on the kindergarten is that you would find that their homework quite little and too easy when compared to rest of the kindergartens nowadays.   Should you want to have a smooth transition from kindergarten to the Primary section, I would recommend some tuition courses for the kids starting from K2 2nd term and K3, as the lives in SPK (loose and happy) would be quite different from SPCSPR (demanding teachers in the Primary).

In conclusion, you would find SPK to be a satisfactory kindergarten and I think your kid would enjoy going to school everyday.   If transportation is not a problem to you, I would recommend you to let your kid to go to SPK.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題