用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KCIS & ISF, which one should I choose?
樓主: panala
go

KCIS & ISF, which one should I choose? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 11-3-18 14:47 |只看該作者
Panala,

I've emailed you the school informations.

annie

原帖由 panala 於 11-3-18 01:23 發表
I’m interested in ISF for a number of years already.  From its information or other promotional materials, it’s really an ideal school for me.  Therefore, I want to put my kids in ISF.  

Since then ...

22#
發表於 11-3-19 00:09 |只看該作者
Panala

I have done more research on ISF, including asking friends for referrals to previous or existing ISF parents. Comments I heard are pretty good. It's not saying that ISF is a perfect school, but a school that can match my needs. I think ISF is like an experimental type of school wishing to find their own way.

On the other hand, I have a friend who even bought ISF's capital note so that her kid will have a higher chance to get in. Of course it's only a matter of personal choice.  

For choosing between KCIS and ISF, I cannot give any comment as I have not done any research on KCIS. Just heard in this thread that KCIS should be a very good school too. I just think that if both schools are very same and can't say which one is superior, why bother change ?

My case is rather simple. I only applied for CIS and ISF. Unless I hear good news from CIS, which is very unlikely, I do not need to struggle.

醒目開學勳章

23#
發表於 11-3-23 14:51 |只看該作者
Thank you for all valuable opinions.  After our visit to ISF last Saturday and further discussion with my husband, most probably we will accept ISF's offer this week.

醒目開學勳章

24#
發表於 11-3-23 14:58 |只看該作者
annie40,

Got it, but don't know why I cannot reply your message.

Thank you for your advice.

原帖由 annie40 於 11-3-18 14:47 發表
Panala,

I've emailed you the school informations.

annie

25#
發表於 11-3-23 15:08 |只看該作者

回覆 2# panala 的文章

Good and Congratulations!  My very best friend works there.  She's  a teacher extraordinaire.  Feel free to ask me questions if needed.

annie

26#
發表於 11-3-24 07:40 |只看該作者
deleted
deleted

[ 本帖最後由 cowmoon 於 11-3-24 07:41 編輯 ]

27#
發表於 11-3-24 07:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 panala 於 11-3-23 14:51 發表
Thank you for all valuable opinions.  After our visit to ISF last Saturday and further discussion with my husband, most probably we will accept ISF's offer this week.

Glad to hear that !
I have also sent back the confirmation form to ISF yesterday.

醒目開學勳章

28#
發表於 11-3-25 14:11 |只看該作者
Then our children maybe classmates.  Nice to meet you.

原帖由 kfy 於 11-3-24 07:46 發表

Glad to hear that !
I have also sent back the confirmation form to ISF yesterday.

29#
發表於 11-3-27 22:48 |只看該作者
Hi Panala and kfy

Congratutions!  ISF is one of my target schools.  However there is not much information from the existing ISF parents that could be found here.  Would you mind sharing with us how the interview conducted for the foundation class?  Have you guys bought the capital notes?

30#
發表於 11-3-28 01:10 |只看該作者

回覆 1# babyvince 的文章

We do not have the capital notes.

There were two stages of interviews for Foundation Year admission. The first round was a group interview for the kids. I remembered there were around 5 kids per group interviewed by at least two teachers (one Mandarin and one English speaking) . It was like a playgroup session. My kid recalled there were activities such as storytelling, drawing, puzzle, and some games. The atmosphere should be quite relax.   
The 2nd round was a parent child meeting.

醒目開學勳章

31#
發表於 11-3-28 21:30 |只看該作者

回覆 29# babyvince 的文章

My answer is the same as kfy.

32#
發表於 11-4-1 22:03 |只看該作者

回覆 1# panala 的文章

I would like to say, KCIS is doing their education work with their heart and a passion for teaching. Not like most international schools where money is the main issue and more important than anything else, that’s why KCIS does not have a five star facility. If they requested parents to pay a debenture, I won’t have a doubt they would able to provide better facilities. Remember you get what you pay. Most important is my child learns well and plays happily at KCIS.

醒目開學勳章

33#
發表於 11-4-1 22:38 |只看該作者
Agree with you and that's why it's hard to decide whether to leave KCIS or not.  But no doubt, I will recommend KCIS to others.

原帖由 moca 於 11-4-1 22:03 發表
I would like to say, KCIS is doing their education work with their heart and a passion for teaching. Not like most international schools where money is the main issue and more important than anything  ...

34#
發表於 11-4-17 00:53 |只看該作者
Thanks Panala and kfy.  Glad to hear that the interview was a relaxed one.  Would you mind if I pm you for more info about the school later on, perhaps after the school term starts?  I do not know any ISF parents but would like to hear more comments about the school from existing parents.  My kid is only 2.5 yrs old so I have more than one year to prepare him (and myself) for the interview.

35#
發表於 11-5-19 00:10 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題