3) 校风好,能訓練好品德的小朋友

Victoria:
1) 有net teacher,有国語堂
2) 有許多不同的活动 (比較活动教学, 如:旅行,到沙灘堆沙比賽,等等)
3) 小朋友語言能力及表達能力高!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-3-11 20:43 |只看該作者
其實2間係好唔好style學校, 入得vic, 其實係入咗international school一樣, language 好好, eng, pth very good, I heard from my friend, they train the children very well in expressing themselves in language, eg simple as teaching maths in primary/secondary, they start using long question and expect children to describe how to solve the problem in sentences (english)....
by the way, 入咗vic, 要有好好財力...

3#
發表於 11-3-11 22:51 |只看該作者

回覆 1# stinkyrabbit111 的文章

好同意你嘅分析,我起初都唔係好buy Victoria,覺得佢地好commercial,用支crayon 都靚個人,但係佢真係教到小朋友language 好勁好有自信,我朋友嘅仔係活生生嘅例子,phonics 非常好,K3自己睇電視會選英語台,書會揀睇英文書。而最令我令眼相看嘅係,佢嘅印傭廣東話都講唔正,父母亦唔係流利英語人,咁你話佢唔係學校教係乜?
今年呢個小朋友20分入到名校,全科功課補習之外,另加中文補習已經跟得好好,我相信同個底打得好有關。

4#
發表於 11-3-11 23:19 |只看該作者
蕃薯仔媽媽,想问吓你意見,如果想个女入 local school, 咁聖心令否比輅穩陣呢?其实我都好同意stinkyrabbit111's analysis,亦知道針無兩头利析,亦知道針無兩头利!所以真你唔識点样揀好呀!
原帖由 蕃薯仔媽媽 於 11-3-11 22:51 發表
好同意你嘅分析,我起初都唔係好buy Victoria,覺得佢地好commercial,用支crayon 都靚個人,但係佢真係教到小朋友language 好勁好有自信,我朋友嘅仔係活生生嘅例子,phonics 非常好,K3自己睇電視會選英語台,書會揀睇英文書。而 ...

5#
發表於 11-3-11 23:54 |只看該作者

回覆 1# vlui55 的文章

咁要睇下你小一自行分配有幾多分揸手,如果得15分就唔好諗,讀SH 啦,小小保障好過無。
如果你有把握自行分配入到心儀好學校,Victoria 可能係train到小孩子開朗自信outgoing 嘅好選擇!
多少少補充,嗰位小朋友起初K1言語發展係麻麻地,但係佢而家P1係首輪由老師挑選做班長領袖生,超想像!

6#
發表於 11-3-12 01:08 |只看該作者
蕃薯仔媽媽, thanks so much for your advise and you are right, we are the kind with only 15 marks on hand.

原帖由 蕃薯仔媽媽 於 11-3-11 23:54 發表
咁要睇下你小一自行分配有幾多分揸手,如果得15分就唔好諗,讀SH 啦,小小保障好過無。
如果你有把握自行分配入到心儀好學校,Victoria 可能係train到小孩子開朗自信outgoing 嘅好選擇!
多少少補充,嗰位小朋友起初K1言語發展係 ...

7#
發表於 11-3-12 01:16 |只看該作者
Ian, you are expert on SH, can you please kindly share your view for me? Can you please tell me more about the curriculum of SH, like do they have any activities similar to Victoria? do SH train their kids to be an independent, confident one through different activities? and how about the language training?It is no doubt that kids from Victoria are mostly presentable, with good language skills and confident. However, I really like SH since I read so much from BK that were written or answered by you and started to like this school and really want my girl to get into it.

Thanks so much!

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 11-3-12 08:20 |只看該作者
Hi vlui55,

I assumed you should have some of my previous messages so I assumed you have already read enough from me.  Sorry that sometimes I don't wanna say too much since I am not here to promote a particular kindergarten but just to share the different options available in Hong Kong kindergartens.

Just like stinkyrabbit has said, you have already got a clear understanding of the characteristics of the two kindergartens already.  It seems to me that you may be trying to look for something that doesn't exist, which is getting everything from one place?  I would totally agree Victoria has established a good system to develop the children on their languages and presentable skills since that is their specialty.  So, if that's what you are looking for, then it is indeed the right choice.  Note that they also have their own private primary school which has excellent environment.  Will you consider that?

Quite honest I dunno what I can add concerning SHCK.  Basically it is a more balanced curriculum which you have a bit of everything here.  Few years back, we are still in the stage of no NETs and now we have three days (by either NETs or BBC or CBC, etc.) and two days of PTH classes (last year was 4 days of English and 1 day of PTH).  Those ar just like around 30 mins a day.  There are one session per week that the children will take turn to do some presentation but it is very minimal.  Other time there are many different things for them to do like phonics, theme story, artworks, music, religious study and moral education.  Their school hours (3.5 hours) are longer than other kindergartens in order to have more opportunities to explore different things.  However, they may not have something that stands out so obviously like Victoria has done.

At the end, the decision is for you to make.  Good luck!

Ian

原帖由 vlui55 於 11-3-12 01:16 發表
Ian, you are expert on SH, can you please kindly share your view for me? Can you please tell me more about the curriculum of SH, like do they have any activities similar to Victoria? do SH train their ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-3-12 09:13 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 11-3-12 11:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-3-12 08:20 發表
Hi vlui55,

I assumed you should have some of my previous messages so I assumed you have already read enough from me.  Sorry that sometimes I don't wanna say too much since I am not here to promote a  ...

Dear Ian, can you pls comment on SH's training on kid's confidence and leadership skills? And kid's involvement in extra curricular activities? Thank you!

10#
發表於 11-3-12 17:55 |只看該作者
我都係有SH offer,依家讀緊vic PN,我會放棄vic, 因為SH升上小一機會大好多,而VIC無保証,我亦不考慮IS, 加上是女兒又是教徒,我想SH對她來說,應該是最好的選擇...

不過我P1的target是MPS... 因為唔鐘意SH返半日

其實VIC都好好,小朋友好喜歡返學,學校衛生一流,又有中英文+國語老師,其實學費貴都是值得的...

11#
發表於 11-3-12 17:58 |只看該作者
may I know MPS is???
原帖由 mirage2007 於 11-3-12 17:55 發表
我都係有SH offer,依家讀緊vic PN,我會放棄vic, 因為SH升上小一機會大好多,而VIC無保証,我亦不考慮IS, 加上是女兒又是教徒,我想SH對她來說,應該是最好的選擇...

不過我P1的target是MPS... 因為唔鐘意SH返半日

其 ...

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 11-3-12 18:36 |只看該作者
By the question you asked, I am concerned if you have unrealistic expectation on SHCK.  It is more intended to teach the children to be more humble and caring.  They would have self-confidence through different school activities but not those standout type which some other kindergartens may try to help the children to compete in P1 interviews.

And leadership training in kindergarten level?  I would say that is definitely no, unless you count the experience where children will take turn to be group leader in the class.  My daughter always very eager to do that.  But I am not sure if that is something you are looking for.  Are you targeting high-profile schools like SPCCPD or DGJS?  If so, I need to be honest with you, most of the families here don't push the kids to head for these schools (although I know there are still some of them and few of them will get admitted).  Most of the girls here are rather soft, so they may not fit the kind those schools may look for, who have very strong character.

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 11-3-12 11:49 發表

Dear Ian, can you pls comment on SH's training on kid's confidence and leadership skills? And kid's involvement in extra curricular activities? Thank you!

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 11-3-12 18:38 |只看該作者
MPS = Marymount Primary School.

Quite many SH girls do go to MPS as some of the parents would prefer full-day, EMI plus they like easier life in early primary time.

原帖由 vlui55 於 11-3-12 17:58 發表
may I know MPS is???

14#
發表於 11-3-12 21:34 |只看該作者
Ian...thank you so much for your detail explanation.

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-3-12 08:20 發表
Hi vlui55,

I assumed you should have some of my previous messages so I assumed you have already read enough from me.  Sorry that sometimes I don't wanna say too much since I am not here to promote a  ...

15#
發表於 11-3-16 12:10 |只看該作者
Dear Ian,

My daughter is studying Vic PN too.  I'm struggling between Vic and True Light (Tai Hang).  I think both are activities based with less pressure than SH.  Since daughter is happy to go Vic and I'm quite worrying if she will adapt for changes.  You mentioned Vic Primary which is good.  Would it be difficult for the kid to study local secondary school if she started Vic primary with IB curriculum?  I prefer my kid to have easier and happy learning time in early childhood but afraid of loosing competitiveness.  Is really difficult to get win win, I know.  Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 11-3-17 00:06 |只看該作者
I guess it is not necessary to worry about children adopting to changes at such young age.  They will forget about it soon.

Although both of them are activity based, Victoria and TL has a very distinctive difference on the languages they primarily use.

Actually what I meant earlier was Victoria's primary has a good physical environment.  I think if you choose their primary, then it will be quite difficult to switch back to local secondary school.

原帖由 nancytnf 於 11-3-16 12:10 發表
Dear Ian,

My daughter is studying Vic PN too.  I'm struggling between Vic and True Light (Tai Hang).  I think both are activities based with less pressure than SH.  Since daughter is happy to go Vic  ...

17#
發表於 11-3-17 14:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-3-12 18:36 發表
By the question you asked, I am concerned if you have unrealistic expectation on SHCK.  It is more intended to teach the children to be more humble and caring.  They would have self-confidence through ...

Dear Ian, thank you for your reply.  I guess you know the girls also got offer from SKH.  I am targeting SPCCPS mainly because I feel they offer more well-rounded education.  I didn't realize the kids there have strong personality.  One of my twin is extremely shy so I guess she will have difficulty in that school.  I have not considered MPS.  How is it different from SH?  Hope you can share your valuable insight.

Your Fun -see.  

醒目開學勳章

18#
發表於 11-3-18 16:14 |只看該作者
Hi twinsmummy,

Of course I know you got the offers from SKH also (congratulations by the way) and is interested in SPCCPS, before I made the last reply.  So, I would totally understand SKH seems to be a more suitable choice at least many families around you will be targeting SPCCPS.  In SHCK, some parents may try to apply just like everyone but they don't really do a lot of preparation and treat it like a lucky draw.  So, it is not a matter of which kindergarten (by their curriculum) is more suitable, but the peers which will affect the mentality of you and the children.  If you want to compete for SPCCPS or DGJS, etc, at least the kids will be learning a lot (either thru home education or outsides courses + competitions) extra to stay competitive.  So, it is important that you have other families who would do the same like you for the coming 3 years.  Most of the SHCK parents (certainly with exceptions) would care about exploring the kids' interests, rather than early achievement.  Hope you understand what I mean, and hope it is useful for your consideration.

Ian

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 11-3-17 14:07 發表

Dear Ian, thank you for your reply.  I guess you know the girls also got offer from SKH.  I am targeting SPCCPS mainly because I feel they offer more well-rounded education.  I didn't realize the ki ...

醒目開學勳章

19#
發表於 11-3-19 09:33 |只看該作者
Oh just realize you asked about MPS too.

Basically MPS is a popular choice for many girls including students from SPK and SHCK, etc.  One main reason is many parents nowadays prefer EMI and MPS is one of the very few gov't aided primary schools which are using English as medium of instruction.  On top of that, I was told that the workload in MPS is rather light so this also appeal to many parents.  However, the down side of having light workload and less pressure if their banding in primary section is not impressed by the secondary section.  As a result, lately they are having pressure to improve academically.  Whether this will change, I don't have any new updates.

Ian

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 11-3-17 14:07 發表

Dear Ian, thank you for your reply.  I guess you know the girls also got offer from SKH.  I am targeting SPCCPS mainly because I feel they offer more well-rounded education.  I didn't realize the ki ...

20#
發表於 11-3-22 11:34 |只看該作者
Referring to 蕃薯仔媽媽 , thanks for your sharing.  20 vs. 15 marks is totally different for P1 allocation.  20 marks is much easier to go to the lovely primary school whatever kindergarten who is studying.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題