用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any Ming Wai Int'l Kinder parents here?
發新帖
查看: 7047|回覆: 13
go

Any Ming Wai Int'l Kinder parents here? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-3-11 11:21 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hello, any Ming Wai Int'l Kinder parents?

Is Ming Wai a real international kinder?  How is the quality of teachers (NET, Putonghua teacher, etc)?  Good opportunities to get in IS primary?

Please share.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-3-11 12:32 |只看該作者
In my opinion, Ming Wai isn’t the real international kinder.  Most students enter local schools after upper class (K3).

3#
發表於 11-3-17 13:57 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

4#
發表於 11-3-23 13:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 reneeleung 於 11-3-17 13:57 發表
No. They are local English kindergarten.  
How you can determine the real kinder? Ask the school admin staff, how many students in the sch get place in ESF or other IS? Or ask them Do ESF sch teachers ...

Thank you.  Does it mean Victoria Int'l Kinder also local English kinder?  Not many Victoria graduates admitted by IS.

5#
發表於 11-4-1 01:56 |只看該作者
in my opinion, Ming Wai and Victoria are local kindergartens. and my daughter had very bad experience in the Ming Wai PN's class, i quit right on the 3rd week. don't know whether their K1-K3 is better, but PN is strongly not recommended.

6#
發表於 11-4-2 01:33 |只看該作者
My son attened Ming Wai PN class for 2 months....and then I quitted. I think it's not really international school. They even speaks Cantonese to the kids at class. Only 1 ABC teacher in the class. There's no point to pay a higher fee for their PN class.

7#
發表於 11-4-4 01:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 蜜蜜 於 11-4-1 01:56 發表
in my opinion, Ming Wai and Victoria are local kindergartens. and my daughter had very bad experience in the Ming Wai PN's class, i quit right on the 3rd week. don't know whether their K1-K3 is better ...

would u mind to PM me what's ur bad experience for ur daughter

thx

8#
發表於 11-4-5 23:05 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

9#
發表於 11-4-7 11:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 babeBBDoll 於 11-4-4 01:23 發表

would u mind to PM me what's ur bad experience for ur daughter

thx

i decided not to PM u but tell everyone my experience here.

i enrolled the international class for my daughter in Ming Wai Pre-nursery as my daughter knows only english but no cantonese.
my daughter would never cry when going to a strange place, like when she was 18 mths old, she went to a playground for 2 hours without accompanying by me, she did not cry and enjoyed so much at that playgroup, i can say she had totally forgot about me at that time.

but in Ming Wai, for the 1st day to school, she did not cry at first. on the 2nd day, she cried while walking to school and said did not want to go to school, i really wondered what had happened in school as there, had not even a gap to peek into the classroom, so i put a mp3 inside my daughter's school bag to record what had happened during the class on last 2 days of the 1st week. when returned home, i listened to the mp3 and found during the class there was no one speaking english to my daughter, all they did was to carry those crying children and asked the children who were not crying to play all by themselves with those very bad condition toys, the teacher and the assistants (阿嬸) were chatting with each other, discussing which one cried and which one not cried, which restaurant they went last night and etc. one assistant even so supriesed that my daughter could not understand any cantonese (remember i enrollled international class with higher fee). all they did inside the classroom was chatting by themselves while carrying the crying kids, and asked the kids to eat snacks in that hour. then sent the kids home. i tried to talk to the school (of course not telling them i recorded them), they was surprised that why my daughter could tell me what had done during class (and of course my daughter couldn't tell at the age of 2) but still they explained they couldn't do much within 1 hour, and promised they would do more activites in the next week. on the 2nd week, i continued recording everyday, the situation did not turn better, what they did in class during that 2 hours was, chatting by themselves, went to playground for around 20 mins, snacks and sent the kids home. i was so disappointed, because my daughter had attended lots of playgroups before and everytime enjoyed so much in playgroups. but she was so scared to go to school since then. for those playgroups that my daughter attended before (1 hour or 2 hours), they sang lots of songs, dancing, teaching flash cards, playing games and interacted a lot with the kids. but why in a 2 hours PN class, they did nothing and let the children cried until they stopped, why not doing something else to draw the kids' attention? they did not allow any peeking in by parents, i think it is because of the babies at aged 2 shouldn't tell anyting to the parents, they can earn those money very easily. look in the school campus, u will find the setting of PN classes and K1-K3 are so different, there are more windows to look inside the classrooms, toys were more likely in better condition and a very nice play area next to the door at K1-K3 side. but PN classrooms had no window at all, even the glass door stick with opaque stickers that can't look inside anyway. i can just say, it is a poor PN class. then i quitted on the 3rd week. the worst things was my daughter's kindergarten interviews started soon after, this bad experience made my daughter scared of schools and would wanted to cry when arriving at any school... luckily all the nightmare passed, she is now studying happily in ESF kinder, she loves her school so much and will go to Year 1 for the coming August!

ah! one more thing, at that time, the international PN class has no english speaking teacher, the foreigner teacher was disappeared after the 1st day of school.

[ 本帖最後由 蜜蜜 於 11-4-7 11:26 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 11-4-7 14:01 |只看該作者
thx for ur long replied ~~
i still thinking before should I pay the PN deposit ~ Actually dont know why I dont really have good feeling for this school so still 15/16 pay the school deposit or not

When I see ur replied I really have my decision ~ If I cant find any seats for PN,  I think better to stay at home or go to Playgroup better than go there  

原帖由 蜜蜜 於 11-4-7 11:14 發表

i decided not to PM u but tell everyone my experience here.

i enrolled the international class for my daughter in Ming Wai Pre-nursery as my daughter knows only english but no cantonese.
my daughte ...

[ 本帖最後由 babeBBDoll 於 11-4-7 14:02 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 11-4-8 11:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 babeBBDoll 於 11-4-7 14:01 發表
thx for ur long replied ~~
i still thinking before should I pay the PN deposit ~ Actually dont know why I dont really have good feeling for this school so still 15/16 pay the school deposit or not

Wh ...

exactly, at that time, i was lucky that i found a place that i can pay one year fee for unlimited classes.  so that my daughter just went to there and to some other playgroups everyday in stead. i think using those money to go to playgroups will benefit more. moreover, less chance to get sick. cheers!

12#
發表於 11-4-8 17:57 |只看該作者
Thanks every one for your comments.  I've decided not to enrol Ming Wai Int'l Kinder.  One of the reasons is that they are not a real int'l school.

13#
發表於 11-4-9 13:18 |只看該作者
where is it ?
I also looking for a place for my son

原帖由 蜜蜜 於 11-4-8 11:53 發表

exactly, at that time, i was lucky that i found a place that i can pay one year fee for unlimited classes.  so that my daughter just went to there and to some other playgroups everyday in stead. i t ...

14#
發表於 11-4-9 13:19 |只看該作者
i wont go there too ~

原帖由 Flower-kid 於 11-4-8 17:57 發表
Thanks every one for your comments.  I've decided not to enrol Ming Wai Int'l Kinder.  One of the reasons is that they are not a real int'l school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題